Creation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
    No, I think an organized method in which "Man" attempts to instill the tools of "God" and that does not work.

I don't want some English teacher taking 30 min out of third period to tell my child how a relationship with his maker is "supposed" to work. Or how the textbook says it happened.
    You're not bad farbin.

I'd like to see a non biased world religion class - but that's not going to happen.
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
      Because god is created in our image; not the other way around.

It actually says, let "US" (meaning more than one god) create man in our image.

1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Sorry Turf.

Comment

It actually says, let "US" (meaning more than one god) create man in our image.

1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Sorry Turf.
        I'm not debating semantics - just that the idea of god (and all religion) changes as we see fit so that it's more comfortable to us.
        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
          You're not bad farbin.

I'd like to see a non biased world religion class - but that's not going to happen.

Thanks. I like to find the similarities in every religion. I know this kinda went off topic, but yeah, If humans could keep their own personal spin on everything we'd be better off.

And, I see what your saying up there.

Comment

Creation Thread

If you want to discuss it do it here. I'm gonna move some posts from the Palin thread here.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks DarkWing6, I was trying to get out of the topic over there.

Comment

But is it not possable that that higher power has been making adjustments to his project, much as you do to your fuel maps and tables? Just making what you already did just a bit better, or more comfy in the cold.

Sorry, I'll get back on track.
                I don't know about making adjustments - but I can entertain the possibility that a god or gods created the laws and rules that led to the big bang, the universe, evolution, etc. That seems like a more plausable "creation" theory to me than one that ignores hundreds of years of evidence that things have been here waaay before us. hell, the first scientists were christians.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Cool, that's more along the lines my inability to truly conceptualize the whole event ties to.

Comment

My only question then, is why does there have to be an initial creator?
                    Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

No, I think an organized method in which "Man" attempts to instill the tools of "God" and that does not work.

I don't want some English teacher taking 30 min out of third period to tell my child how a relationship with his maker is "supposed" to work. Or how the textbook says it happened.

I agree. We shouldn't put our own spin on God. I guess you are reading me as a Sunday School presentation to the class and not a scientific one. There is scientific proof of Creation (I don't have any sources off hand, but I know there are plenty). Teach it soley from the scientific side of things. Relationship with God doesn't even need to come up.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by devonjordan View Post
                        My only question then, is why does there have to be an initial creator?

Because, without an initial creator, there would be no laws to govern the methods in which the interactions created in existence.

Think The Matrix and the Architect, Didn't matter until the end, but was the integral factor for the existence of the matrix. Also allows the potential for a higher level of attainment from the one existing now.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
                          I agree. We shouldn't put our own spin on God. I guess you are reading me as a Sunday School presentation to the class and not a scientific one. There is scientific proof of Creation (I don't have any sources off hand, but I know there are plenty). Teach it soley from the scientific side of things. Relationship with God doesn't even need to come up.

Without the understanding of the relationship, the understanding of the "rules" wouldn't jibe.

Think of teaching drivers training to students, but never explaining the relationship with police officers. So they know they can/can't, but there is no higher power (role/person) in which to understand the ultimate power they respect, and the officers wield.

Comment

When it comes down to it it's all not worth talking about. There's 5 ways to look at it;

God is real.
                            The big bang is real.
                            God is fake.
                            The big bang is fake.
                            NEITHER of them are explainable - thus making them equally unbelievable.

However, there's much more evidence supporting evolution and the big bang. God is an unexplainable solution to an unanswerable (currently) question. ie useless.

Comment

How not can the first two items co-exist?

Comment

How not can the first two items co-exist?
                                That wasn't my point - but i guess they can in someone's mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X