The moderator of Thursday's vice-presidential debate

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Raginl3ull
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    Thank god your vote does not count and thats been Obamas way of change his whole time, never saying how he will bring change but just that he is change.
    The fact that he is not your traditional face in office brings CREDEBILITY to the fact that he will bring change. This holds strong perception wise. However, Biden and Obama have made it clear and have been consistent with laying out their plans on how they will bring change to Washington, better yet tying McCain back to Bush which we all know is just more of the same. Funny how Palin emphasized that they will be the party to bring Change/Reform to Washington. So why did they all of a sudden adopt the idea of delivering change? Adaptation is key to survival...plain and simple.

    Leave a comment:


  • Raginl3ull
    replied
    Originally posted by Aptyp
    I think Palin did better job at highlighting her strengths. I've seen only one person dodge more questions, Obama. Palin did very well at isolating her campaign from current office. She called Biden out on his every position that supported McCain. She called Obama out for changing his vote, and forced Biden to admit that both Obama and himself voted with McCain. Biden had 2 strong statements and one sobby performance. If you blinked, you missed them.

    I think people are way too used to Biden (at least I am, I love c-span), so his performance seems very sub-par. He didn't come off strong, and seemed like he wanted to swap places with Palin.

    Biden did better than Obama, and Palin sucked up to McCain a whole lot. She also made it clear what her responsibilities will be, which is exactly what she needed to do. I'm sure Biden will have a job in McCain administration.

    She was on the attack. His advisers instructed him to address McCain's record not hers. Thus, this is the only reason why he came off looking soft. Even the media made a big deal out of him remaining DISCIPLINED. He could have called her out on her knowledge of supreme court rulings, bush doctrine, flip flop on bridge to no where, agreeing with going into Pakistan etc. Joe did what he was told to do, stick to the facts which is McCain's record of not looking out for the people.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    Originally posted by steinbachphoto
    Did we all watch the same election? How can you say Palin did as good or better than Biden? I've never seen someone dodge so many questions! She said Um a lot and never said what she will do to change things, she said she will change things but never said HOW. She keeps saying her policies are different than Bushes, but she would never say how they were different.
    Thank god your vote does not count and thats been Obamas way of change his whole time, never saying how he will bring change but just that he is change.

    Leave a comment:


  • SpecM
    replied
    Originally posted by steinbachphoto
    Did we all watch the same election? How can you say Palin did as good or better than Biden? I've never seen someone dodge so many questions! She said Um a lot and never said what she will do to change things, she said she will change things but never said HOW. She keeps saying her policies are different than Bushes, but she would never say how they were different.

    but she was prettier

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    Bidens 35 years in congress and he still does not know anything about the constitution. Article 1 does not mean the VP only has the right to vote if there is a tie.

    Leave a comment:


  • steinbachphoto
    replied
    Did we all watch the same election? How can you say Palin did as good or better than Biden? I've never seen someone dodge so many questions! She said Um a lot and never said what she will do to change things, she said she will change things but never said HOW. She keeps saying her policies are different than Bushes, but she would never say how they were different.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    I think Palin did better job at highlighting her strengths. I've seen only one person dodge more questions, Obama. Palin did very well at isolating her campaign from current office. She called Biden out on his every position that supported McCain. She called Obama out for changing his vote, and forced Biden to admit that both Obama and himself voted with McCain. Biden had 2 strong statements and one sobby performance. If you blinked, you missed them.

    I think people are way too used to Biden (at least I am, I love c-span), so his performance seems very sub-par. He didn't come off strong, and seemed like he wanted to swap places with Palin.

    Biden did better than Obama, and Palin sucked up to McCain a whole lot. She also made it clear what her responsibilities will be, which is exactly what she needed to do. I'm sure Biden will have a job in McCain administration.
    Last edited by Aptyp; 10-02-2008, 08:10 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by SpecM
    what was with Biden referring to himself in third person?
    I thought he was going to launch into a Seinfield skit.

    "Biden likes his chicken spicy!!!"

    Leave a comment:


  • eric (^__^)
    replied


    Emily Bazelon wrote on Slate.com that she fears Palin's poor performance on the national stage could even set women back in political circles.

    "Laugh at the Tina Fey parodies that make Palin ridiculous just by quoting her verbatim. And then cry," she wrote.

    "When Palin tanks, it's good for the country if you want Obama and Biden to win, but it's bad for the future of women in national politics .... Palin is the most prominent woman on the political stage at the moment. By taking unprepared hesitancy and lack of preparation to a sentence-stopping level, she's yanking us back to the old assumption that women can't hack it at these heights."

    Anderson, from Deerfield Beach, Fla., disagrees.

    "I don't think she's set things back for us because I think she has it in her, but the Katie Couric interviews have been really damaging," she said.

    "It's like she's been prepped by all the neo-cons, and they've been pumping her full of stats and facts and figures and not allowing her to just be herself."

    "It's like she's answering bad essay questions that she doesn't know the answers to, and she's over-thinking everything and how her responses are going to be perceived by the media."
    Yeah, she should have thrown her hands up and said "I'm not the woman for this job."

    Leave a comment:


  • Raginl3ull
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon325i
    I didn't like the choice of debate moderator for this one. Oh how I wish Tim Russert was still alive. He was good at asking the tough questions, but also very fair to both sides of the argument. This Ifill chick has a book due out next January about the Obama campaign. What's more troubling is the fact she hid this tid-bit of info from a lot of people until very late in the staging process of tonights' debate. Hopefully she won't be asked to return for future events.

    There are two more debates (Presidential) scheduled. Hopefully those moderators are a little more carefully screened.


    Jon

    Sorry, but I didn't see any bias what so ever. If anything, I feel like the moderator gave Palin a bit more airtime...even gave her the last word on a few issues.

    Leave a comment:


  • Raginl3ull
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinepig
    I think she's doing a lot better than most expected.

    And I still want to jam it in her balloon knot.

    It's a low bar...how hard would it be for her to look good?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30sd
    replied
    Originally posted by SpecM
    what was with Biden referring to himself in third person?
    throwback to bob dole. hence the pen in the fist.

    Leave a comment:


  • SpecM
    replied
    what was with Biden referring to himself in third person?

    Leave a comment:


  • eric (^__^)
    replied
    Originally posted by Turf1600
    I guess my point was she only talked about the things she knew something about - which made it seem like she did a better job than she really did. I've never seen someone dodge so many questions. I think the difference in experience levels was very very clear.
    Truth.

    Leave a comment:


  • eric (^__^)
    replied
    man, palin really disappointed me. She seemed pretty well scripted this time out. Oh well, a lose is a lose.

    McCain was taking a dive in the polls, and I think a lot of people will attribute his leveling off to Palin's debate, but really he didn't have much further to fall.

    Leave a comment:

Working...