The moderator of Thursday's vice-presidential debate

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e30sd
    replied
    Originally posted by Turf1600
    A civil war general.

    I thought Palin did terribly. She dodged all questions she didn't know the answer to and pretty much talked about energy the entire time. When she stepped outside hery tiny comfort zone of information she made mistakes like saying a civil war general is currently in afghanistan....

    Biden owned her on the "Maverick" thing and also his bridge to nowhere one liner was pretty epic.
    ok but he's not the head of ISAF? just checking.

    Leave a comment:


  • Turf1600
    replied
    Originally posted by NavyE30
    Biden had a few decent points, but his huffing and heavy, audible breathing made him seem like he could hardly control himself.. not someone I want representing me to other nations. Palin, however, did very well. There were a few weak spots, but overall I thought she did very well, and exceeded everyone's expectations.
    I guess my point was she only talked about the things she knew something about - which made it seem like she did a better job than she really did. I've never seen someone dodge so many questions. I think the difference in experience levels was very very clear.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    Dude, this is as calm and restrained as Biden gets.

    I wanted to see MMA Biden.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ral
    replied
    Biden had a few decent points, but his huffing and heavy, audible breathing made him seem like he could hardly control himself.. not someone I want representing me to other nations. Palin, however, did very well. There were a few weak spots, but overall I thought she did very well, and exceeded everyone's expectations.

    Leave a comment:


  • Turf1600
    replied
    Originally posted by e30sd
    october 20th in CA

    who's general mcclellan?
    A civil war general.

    I thought Palin did terribly. She dodged all questions she didn't know the answer to and pretty much talked about energy the entire time. When she stepped outside hery tiny comfort zone of information she made mistakes like saying a civil war general is currently in afghanistan....

    Biden owned her on the "Maverick" thing and also his bridge to nowhere one liner was pretty epic.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pinepig
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon325i
    I didn't like the choice of debate moderator for this one. Oh how I wish Tim Russert was still alive. He was good at asking the tough questions, but also very fair to both sides of the argument. This Ifill chick has a book due out next January about the Obama campaign. What's more troubling is the fact she hid this tid-bit of info from a lot of people until very late in the staging process of tonights' debate. Hopefully she won't be asked to return for future events.

    There are two more debates (Presidential) scheduled. Hopefully those moderators are a little more carefully screened.


    Jon
    Absolutely, Russert was about as unbiased as you could could get. Lost a real good newsman on that one.

    I personally thought the Ifill chick didn't do all that bad, she let them run off topic quite a bit and cut Palin off once and let Biden roll on. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm thinking she ( Ifill ) knew if she strayed to far from being absolutely impartial her book wouldn't sell exept to just the hard core lefties. I believe the book is suposed to be about blacks in politics, not just Obama, I'm looking forward to see if it covers the whole spectrum or just the left.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30sd
    replied
    Originally posted by Aptyp
    Deadline is October 10th

    And even after that you can still vote, get you lazy ass up and register. Can even do it online in most states.
    october 20th in CA

    who's general mcclellan?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jon325i
    replied
    I didn't like the choice of debate moderator for this one. Oh how I wish Tim Russert was still alive. He was good at asking the tough questions, but also very fair to both sides of the argument. This Ifill chick has a book due out next January about the Obama campaign. What's more troubling is the fact she hid this tid-bit of info from a lot of people until very late in the staging process of tonights' debate. Hopefully she won't be asked to return for future events.

    There are two more debates (Presidential) scheduled. Hopefully those moderators are a little more carefully screened.


    Jon

    Leave a comment:


  • jflip2002
    replied
    Oh, I thought it passed. Im actually going to register to vote this time....

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    Deadline is October 10th

    And even after that you can still vote, get you lazy ass up and register. Can even do it online in most states.

    Leave a comment:


  • jflip2002
    replied
    Lol. Jesus.

    Makes me wish I registered to vote =\

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Pinepig
    replied
    Originally posted by jflip2002
    Also, watching right now, her pregnant slut daughter is fucking smoking hot too.

    Talk about the dream threesome with a mom daughter combo.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    wonder how that football game came out?

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    she did amazing

    Biden got first opening statement and last closing statement. Biden failed at doing his homework on attacking Palin, but he didn't kick his teeth out. Very solid, not quiet manly enough.

    Palin got screwed by moderator a few times, and even thought you could see it in her face wanting to bitch slap someone, she put a smile on and made Biden act like a HS freshman. She very well jumped around controversial answers. She allowed herself to do homework and answer questions again later.

    Leave a comment:

Working...