Fox News mocks Canadian Military

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ral
    replied
    "I didn't even know that they were in the war," Benson added. "I thought that's where you go if you don't want to fight. Go chill in Canada."
    Many Canadians were outraged and the federal government contacted Fox News on Monday demanding an apology. Gutfield issued a statement later that day.
    I think he was more poking fun at American draft dodgers in Vietnam than anything else. And they (and Jane Fonda) can go fuck themselves.

    Leave a comment:


  • thectrlguy
    replied
    Originally posted by scabzzzz
    Nope. Actually, have a house in Belmont (think where the 3rd presidential debate was) and an E30 twice as euro as you. waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles. Ive never seen pictures of your car pop up anywhere on the internet. I know, jealousy. You should work on that.
    Somehow I doubt your car is "more euro" than mine.... (day I picked it up)... a wise man once said, "eat a high powered dick"

    Leave a comment:


  • thectrlguy
    replied
    Originally posted by rvae30
    bahahahahahahahaaa

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    Alright, alright... Chill the fuck out, Rockies and Bullwinkles...


    so Canada is taking a year off? Hell, US just took 4 years off, FOX had a feat over that too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Massive Lee
    replied
    Canadian army is not a "sacred" territory. There are ways to have humourous content about any army. But considering the context of weekly casualties in a guerilla warfare, some jokes better be clever and to the point.

    Although I was totally against Canada's involvement in Afghanistan, I still have total respect for the troup who's fighting there. I will not doubt their beliefs or faith in their fight. Especially that last week, the Prime Minister, Stephan Harper, even declared that there's no way to win, militarly at least, the Afghan conflict... Ouch.

    Leave a comment:


  • TDE30
    replied
    Originally posted by scabzzzz
    I will give Canada one thing, they can produce some of the best drugs known to man. I like that, and I'll give it a thumbs up! :up:
    That, and Targa Newfoundland, I think we all must give them props for that.

    Other than that though, they're quite useless.

    Leave a comment:


  • logger
    replied
    Comic's remarks on Fox TV sink planned comedy shows in Edmonton

    'Threatening' calls and emails prompt cancellation

    Last Updated: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 | 10:08 PM ET Comments356Recommend171

    CBC News


    An Edmonton comedy club has cancelled upcoming appearances by an American comic who mocked the Canadian military on the Fox Television show Red Eye.
    Doug Benson was scheduled to do five shows at The Comic Strip in West Edmonton Mall next month, but owner Rick Bronson cancelled the gigs after the club received some unsettling calls and emails.
    "Too many of them were too threatening in nature," Bronson said.
    "I wouldn't have taken the chance. I mean, there were people who were threatening to come and buy a beer bottle to throw at him, and you know at that point you're talking about endangering many people …
    "We've had some people allude to the fact that they didn't think that once he arrived at the airport he would even make it to the club."
    Bronson said he spoke to Edmonton police about the messages.
    "At the end of the day, we just didn't want to jeopardize the safety and security of any of our patrons or staff."
    Benson apologizes

    Benson appeared on Canadian television Tuesday to apologize for his remarks on the show that aired in the early hours of March 17. Benson, speaking from Los Angeles, told CTV NewsNet he made some jokes about Canada that, especially considering the timing, were completely out of line and came from an ignorant point of view.
    Benson, who said he "was absolutely misinformed," said his comments were just meant to be silly and it wasn't his intention to hurt anybody's feelings.
    The discussion, which involved host Greg Gutfield, Benson and two other panelists, centred around recent comments by Lt.-Gen. Andrew Leslie that the military may need a year to recover after Canada's mission in Afghanistan ends in 2011.
    "Meaning, the Canadian military wants to take a breather to do some yoga, paint landscapes, run on the beach in gorgeous white Capri pants," Gutfield said.
    "I didn't even know that they were in the war," Benson added. "I thought that's where you go if you don't want to fight. Go chill in Canada."
    Many Canadians were outraged and the federal government contacted Fox News on Monday demanding an apology. Gutfield issued a statement later that day.
    "It was not my intent to disrespect the brave men, women and families of the Canadian military, and for that I apologize," he said.
    Edmonton club owner Bronson said he did not speak to Benson directly about the cancellation but said the comedian sent an email to Bronson's wife, who handles the club's bookings, about "how apologetic he was about this whole situation."
    "He very much likes Canadians, our government and respects our military," Bronson said. "I know he feels pretty bad about how the situation ended up."



    He probly would have been shot outside the Edmonton airport. Joke about the Canadian military then go to a city with I think one of the largest military bases in Canada to do stand up? I don't get it. Mmmmmm poutine.....

    Leave a comment:


  • scabzzzz
    replied
    I will give Canada one thing, they can produce some of the best drugs known to man. I like that, and I'll give it a thumbs up! :up:

    Leave a comment:


  • 325_e30
    replied
    i coulnt get past the 2 min mark....bugged the shit out of me when that retard in the blue spoke.

    Leave a comment:


  • scabzzzz
    replied
    Originally posted by thectrlguy
    Still living in your parents basement?
    Nope. Actually, have a house in Belmont (think where the 3rd presidential debate was) and an E30 twice as euro as you. waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles. Ive never seen pictures of your car pop up anywhere on the internet. I know, jealousy. You should work on that.

    Leave a comment:


  • RVAe30
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    Originally posted by jflip2002
    What went wrong... perfect user name. Pismo beach is a beautiful little beach community along the pristine Central Coast of California. Jismo beach isnt very clever, by the way.
    his parents named him. sure its the first thing that would pop into any ones head upon seeing
    him after a botched abortion but i would have given it a little more thought.

    Leave a comment:


  • thectrlguy
    replied
    Originally posted by jflip2002
    Lol These waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles Canadians still have their panties in a bunch.


    Is that you, internet toughguy?

    Leave a comment:


  • WhatWentWong
    replied
    Originally posted by el-nino
    Thank you.

    Chad was a friend of mine and to see this video definitely hit home with me. Canada may not be a powerful Country but man do we try. Like other Countries we don't like war and we don't like to see Canadian soldiers who have fought in these wars to be simply made fun of.
    I agree with that this is unacceptable no matter what. Flame me if you want. I frequent car forums to gain knowledge on cars not to bash on soldiers who have died fighting this war.
    Amen. RIP Pte Horn.

    Leave a comment:


  • el-nino
    replied
    Originally posted by Axxe
    Seriously though guys, poking fun about politics/views/cops is one thing, belittling the deaths of soldiers is another. The latter is unacceptable no matter what.
    Thank you.

    Chad was a friend of mine and to see this video definitely hit home with me. Canada may not be a powerful Country but man do we try. Like other Countries we don't like war and we don't like to see Canadian soldiers who have fought in these wars to be simply made fun of.
    I agree with that this is unacceptable no matter what. Flame me if you want. I frequent car forums to gain knowledge on cars not to bash on soldiers who have died fighting this war.

    Leave a comment:

Working...