New Bronco Thread - 2021 Ford Bronco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post

Sidebar: r3v looks so different nowadays, damn I'm getting old.
    Get ready for it to change again soon lol. Hope all is well
    Current:
    1989 325i
    1988 M3
    1987 325ic
    Past:
    2001 330ci
    2001 M3

Comment

when i first heard about this, i thought it would be ghey af. kind of like that stupid 4 door jeep truck. after reading through this thread and watching some of the links posted here, i am coming around.

seems to be a much better vehicle than a jeep(maybe that's just Bryan Cranston's voice). it will not be easy to get entrenched jeep pole chuggers to switch, but i am interested to see how it all plays out.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

MORE BRONCO NEWS:

BRONCO DOING SOME DUNE TIME: https://www.thedrive.com/news/35309/...sNN3nyRH7dwTI4

LESS DOORS BRO: https://jalopnik.com/hacked-url-code...nal-1844550093

THE RACE PROTOTYPE: https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...-bronco-r.html

SALEEN WANTS BACK IN:
        https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...a-desert-racer

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
        Phew - it's been a minute mates; hope everyone's been well!

Still own my '86 T4R, but went ahead and reserved a basecamp model w/ a third pedal. Plan on keeping it barebones because all I need is a standard, cloth seats, power steering and I'll be happy as a clam. Shit - I'll even make do with manual locking hubs, crank windows, and a traditional turn key! Should fare well as a DD in the PNW along with overlanding trips for skiing - I'm hyped babies.

Click image for larger version Name:	vehicle-1-png.13529.png Views:	0 Size:	133.2 KB ID:	9940819

Sidebar: r3v looks so different nowadays, damn I'm getting old.

P.S. Bronco6g forums are so fkn lame man. Everyone's complaining about the dumbest shit that you would think is sarcastic, but aren't. Waaah no rear a/c, no 2 door power seats, no cooling seats..the list goes on and on got dam lol
        Welcome back RUFFLZ.

Yes, r3v is due for a new platform - James is working on it but our database is massive. Gonna be even better soon.

LOVE the base reserve you did, hits all the right things. I love my 100 Series, and she'll likely remain the 3rd vehicle but I'm still such a Rivian fanboy, but for half the cost a Bronco would do everything.

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I really love the new Bronco. But the trim I'd want..........way too much for something that isn't going to be great at towing even my Miata.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Yeah, their off-road focus and on a 2 door their short wheelbase don't make them the first choice for towing.

LTD'd Idea:

https://jalopnik.com/ford-should-con...ltd-1844625367

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
              Yeah, their off-road focus and on a 2 door their short wheelbase don't make them the first choice for towing.

LTD'd Idea:

https://jalopnik.com/ford-should-con...ltd-1844625367

I think the 4 door in I think it's the Badlands trim, with the V6 and A10, would do fine towing a small travel trailer or Miata. But I still think we are going to end up looking for a WK2 Grand Cherokee. Only SUV, that isn't German, rated for more than 5k lbs.

The Toyota/Lexus tax is just too insane. $25k for an 8 year old SUV with 135k miles? I can't bring myself to do that.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

I think the 4 door in I think it's the Badlands trim, with the V6 and A10, would do fine towing a small travel trailer or Miata. But I still think we are going to end up looking for a WK2 Grand Cherokee. Only SUV, that isn't German, rated for more than 5k lbs.

The Toyota/Lexus tax is just too insane. $25k for an 8 year old SUV with 135k miles? I can't bring myself to do that.
                I get that, and it would probably do fine. You have all flat land anyways right?

Yep, it's a thing. I could sell my 20 year old Toyota/Lexus for more than I paid, probably.

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post

I get that, and it would probably do fine. You have all flat land anyways right?

Yep, it's a thing. I could sell my 20 year old Toyota/Lexus for more than I paid, probably.
                  Yeah, the vast majority of the time it would be here in the plains. Unless we were taking some epic 3 week long road trip through the rockies or applachians or something.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

​

New 2023 Ford Bronco Raptor Allegedly Confirmed By Job Title On LinkedIn

https://jalopnik.com/new-2023-ford-b...job-1844846607

New Ford Bronco Hybrid Revealed By Leaked Sync Software

https://jalopnik.com/new-ford-bronco...are-1844410535

Comment

Honestly, while I like these a lot, they actually just make me want to import a Jimny.
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Is a third generation Jimny actually any better than the second generation that was sold in North America? Speaking of that generation because it falls within your 15 year import rule.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

Canada stuff. You can't import anything that is newer than 15 years. For the US it is 25 years. Both rules suck and reek of corporate cronyism.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                            Canada stuff. You can't import anything that is newer than 15 years. For the US it is 25 years. Both rules suck and reek of corporate cronyism.
                            Are you trying to say that our thoroughly global corporations can't actually compete globally, or provide what certain segments of the market want, forcing consumers to buy whatever product they can sell at the highest margin?

Impossible, it's not as if a government elected by the intelligent citizens of each nation would ever be allowed continually prioritize corporate interests, and implement protectionist policies rather than simply allowing for fair market competition.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                              Is a third generation Jimny actually any better than the second generation that was sold in North America? Speaking of that generation because it falls within your 15 year import rule.
                              I don't know if they are better, but they look cool. I'm sure a second gen would be much cheaper to insure but I did a search of the eastern half of the country and almost all of them fall in the range of clapped-out no-title "woods rig" to barely-roadworthy shitbox.
                              There are a handful of 3rd gens here, I know two people who have/had them, and there are two for sale locally (albeit for $10k).
                              Originally posted by priapism
                              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                              Originally posted by shameson
                              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I would only rock a Jimny if it were LHD, those are harder to find I'd assume as not as many LHD countries got them. Even then, wouldn't be my first choice for something off road. You'd be stuck in the right hand lane and going up any sort of elevation or long winding road. You'd be stuck going very slow, at speeds that are dangerous on highways with most traffic and would be rather uncomfortable. Having done the RHD thing and driving a lot JDM Land Cruisers and vans, I wouldn't want a RHD vehicle in this country honestly. They are easy to drive and you get used to shifting with your left hand quickly it's just the inconvenience, left hand turns, and unnecessary issues they create. They just aren't sorted for driving in most areas I've driven in Arizona and California. Even with something with a lot more power than a Jimny it can still suck. If you had quick and easy access to where you're going to be using something that is under-powered and RHD, that could work but in reality any longer travels with it wouldn't be very enjoyable.

Off road vehicles unless they are trailer'd to where they are used it makes sense for them to be somewhat comfortable to get to where they are going. I think that's why the Bronco is going to be such a win. You want it to be great off road, but in 80-90% of situations like getting to those spots, you want it to be comfortable and reliable.
                                Last edited by DEV0 E30; 08-31-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X