All gas-powered сars are banned in California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

No. Are banned implies currently. Writing new ones to ve would be correct.
    Well, the law is signed already.

It shall be a goal of the State that 100 percent of in-state sales of new passenger cars and trucks will be zero-emission by 2035.
    It probably means that 50% of sales of a car manufacturer must be electric in 2030, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

Reading comprehension?
      I'm sure the governor will address that issue too. A 30-year-old vehicle shouldn't pollute clean air in California.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeKahr View Post

By then E30s will go in the same direction as many other classic cars have, in that people will buy them to be seen in them (and yes they will have non-vanity reasons as to why they picked an E30 but there's a reason the term "headturner" exists in the classic car world). Many of those buyers do not want to put up with all of the headaches of an ICE (esp a 30+ year old one) like doing fluid changes, worrying about whether it will start up or overheat, dealing with leaking hoses and gaskets, etc. They just want a nice-looking classic car that will be able to get some attention and compliments from other people that can also be reliable as daily transportation (provided the buyers aren't overly worried about safety).
        A nicely restored classic car is rarely driven daily.

You drive your classic car once a month, and one day you notice that the battery is dead. It's not your $100 battery, it's the $10,000 battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
          Well, the law is signed already.

It probably means that 50% of sales of a car manufacturer must be electric in 2030, etc.
          Executive orders are not exactly laws, but are supposed to be more like directives that an executive intends for the legislature to codify. Thus far I haven't seen any info on tiered or rolling goals in passenger vehicle sales from this order.

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post

I'm sure the governor will address that issue too. A 30-year-old vehicle shouldn't pollute clean air in California.
          Okay, they'll only pollute the dirty air.

Comment

I want to know where all the electricity to charge all these new electric cars is going to come from.
            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
              I want to know where all the electricity to charge all these new electric cars is going to come from.
              The same place CA will get water in future.

Comment

No, just no.
                FACT. the M42 WAS the pinnacle

The same place CA will get water in future.
                The ocean?
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Newsom is so gay

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post

Last edited by Vincenze; 09-23-2020, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

FACT. the M42 WAS the pinnacle

The ocean?
                      No, B37C15U0.

No, almonds, duh.

Comment

No, B37C15U0.

No, almonds, duh.
                        Wait, California has electric almonds now ?
                        Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

EV’s pollute, you just don’t see it. Power plants, processing and mining for the batteries.

Im sure some big dog has their hands in the governments pockets like the big 3 has for the last 75 years and follow the money to the real agenda. Automated 5G is on its way.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by evoleacy
                            When is this law gonna be effective?
                            About the same time as CA is either totally consumed by fire, falls in to the ocean, or is completely desertified or the year of our robot overlords, 2035, or in the 24th century when a mostly bald Englishman portrays a Frenchman in command of the fleet flagship. All are good answers.

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                              EV’s pollute, you just don’t see it. Power plants, processing and mining for the batteries.

Im sure some big dog has their hands in the governments pockets like the big 3 has for the last 75 years and follow the money to the real agenda. Automated 5G is on its way.
                              The carbon footprint during manufacturing doesn’t count, you know that.

Maybe if folks had their own coal fired power plant chugging away in their backyard as their “non emission” vehicle was charging they would see it differently. That 50amp outlet in your house doesn’t eat for free !

Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

California struggles to keep the power on in summer, let alone charge what could be millions of new EVs on the road...

LOOOOO00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000OOOOOOL
                                Last edited by 2mAn; 09-24-2020, 10:11 AM. Reason: Not enough Os
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X