Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ButtJuice
    replied
    Including my obsession with buying/hoarding parts? I’d have to say around $20k. Going to get a paint job next year, so let’s add an extra $5-$6k after that.

Leave a comment:

• cheffy30
    replied
    I didn't need them to tell me the e30 was the car for me. I figured that one out myself....a no brainer. sent from hell using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Reichart12
    replied
    I stopped tracking my M20 build when I got to around 8k. Parts add up quickly! Won't even try to calculate everything over the total length of ownership.

Leave a comment:

• Sh3rpak!ng
    replied
    yea, im with the others... it's a hobby. I am not concerned about total money into it, though I keep all the receipts - just never add them up. Based on the rough budget that I've tried to stick to, and many times blown, I'm a healthy amount over 30k. But then again as far as $$ for performance and enjoyment, it does put a beatdown on cars worth many multiples more than that.

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    It's a hobby and an entertainment expense, not an investment. I stopped keeping track.
    This 100%.
    I added up what I had spent a few years ago and I don't want to experience that again.
    ~3 suspension iterations, a few sets of wheels, mods for one engine, Engine swap + "while you're in theres", turbo, replacing stuff I cheaped out on the first (or second, third...) time in various spots, cosmetics, the issues that make you just throw parts at what you think is the problem, and the room of parts/mods you buy and never install.

Leave a comment:

• gr8skyr
    replied
    Guessing $10K but now I'm going to add it up to see if that is close. But it's got 250,00 miles, so a lot. Oh it's an e30, it's got 250,000 miles so its just broken in. Click image for larger version

Name:	image (4) copy 5.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	9965269

Leave a comment:

• ZeKahr
    replied
    Probably $10k into mine. Pretty much just maintenance and Euro bumpers

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    It's a hobby and an entertainment expense, not an investment. I stopped keeping track.

Leave a comment:

• ZEKTI
    replied
    21Kish most parts. Most mechanical I did myself or with brother as it’s a simple vehicle. Largest chunk was paint, but that car sat for half its life. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Had my last E30 for 9 years. Kept track of all of the receipts through ownership, but never added them up. I did tally them up when I went to sell it. I stopped counting after I surpassed $30,000.

It was ugly, but it would decimate 911's, Ferrari's, and anything else on the 5 and 15 freeways near San Diego.

Oh how I miss it.

Leave a comment:

• Tzantushka
    replied
    Way too much.
    Screw it I am having fun.

But I'm convincing myself that all the $$$ in replacing 30 year old parts is an investment for the next 30 years.

Leave a comment:

• cheffy30
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    Timing belts every 4 years? You maniac, you're really living on the edge!
    bought it with 117k changed the belt...that's 1 + 60 +60 +60 is 297 for 4 just changed it at 298 is 5 belts... I drive my coffin. sent from hell using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    replied
    I had my totals in a spreadsheet and let it get lost on the interwebz without any intention of ever returning to the data to avoid sadness and fire sale

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
    personally... i will never buy another car. so the point is mute. like I said... 20 years in the seat... 5 timing belts and every hose, many belts and every piece of rubber and more... rims many sets of tires, barrel of oil and gallons of coolant... filters galore... the list goes on... and on as does the odometer currently at 301.8k... it's a daily BTW. sent from hell using Tapatalk
    Timing belts every 4 years? You maniac, you're really living on the edge!

Leave a comment:

• cheffy30
    replied
    personally... i will never buy another car. so the point is mute. like I said... 20 years in the seat... 5 timing belts and every hose, many belts and every piece of rubber and more... rims many sets of tires, barrel of oil and gallons of coolant... filters galore... the list goes on... and on as does the odometer currently at 301.8k... it's a daily BTW. sent from hell using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X