X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BurtonKay
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

I'm waiting for the FS thread that has links to essay writing services.
    Why do you need a thread dedicated to writing essays? If you need to write an essay, find these services online.

Leave a comment:

• uturn
    replied
    In the last six months for the daily driver e30, $25 for oil and a filter.

On the e93- over $500 for a battery, hood release cables, misc trim pieces and paint.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

You should start a thread in the members rides, I’m curious to see what yours looks like
    I'm waiting for the FS thread that has links to essay writing services.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by BurtonKay View Post
    I didn't even count my expenses. My parents helped me buy the car, and they gave me some money to buy it when I was finishing college. Then the restoration probably took about 10,000 dollars, and after that there were still expenses. In general, I invested 16-17 thousand in the repair and renovation.
    You should start a thread in the members rides, I’m curious to see what yours looks like

Leave a comment:

• BurtonKay
    replied
    I didn't even count my expenses. My parents helped me buy the car, and they gave me some money to buy it when I was finishing college. Then the restoration probably took about 10,000 dollars, and after that there were still expenses. In general, I invested 16-17 thousand in the repair and renovation.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    Dumb thread (thanks to the OP), but I'll bite.

I stopped adding it up years ago. But I was at $15k by 2007. And I've had it almost 20 years now. You can guess if you like!

Although in the last 5 years I pretty much don't mess with it much, I just drive it. It needs a few things - it's definitely more of a driver than a show car. But I don't spend anything on it other than gas and insurance. It helps that I have a massive hoard of parts!

I don't worry much about the total cost, and it costs me basically nothing to run these days. Plus, it turns out saving and investing over a long period of time actually does work. ;)

Leave a comment:

• cheffy30
    replied
    Originally posted by Slybeanx View Post
    My base model 325i is obviously worth 20k after I've spent 15k on maintenance, mods and a rebuilt M30 to swap in cuz its what the kids want.
    whatever the market bears. I'm happy knowing that my investment will allow me to daily mine for at least another 20 years. already have my heart set on watching the ticker turn over to 400k sent from hell using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Slybeanx
    replied
    Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
    you can pour thousands into an eta. it's still worth less than you think... unless you have some sorta sleeper... sent from hell using Tapatalk
    My base model 325i is obviously worth 20k after I've spent 15k on maintenance, mods and a rebuilt M30 to swap in cuz its what the kids want.

Leave a comment:

• cheffy30
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Welcome to R3V Your car looks great, but I think an eta is merely the intro to E30 ownership and isnt really indicative of the true ownership experience. Your car is nice, but Im guessing yours started at a premium and when looking back at what you've spent $13k on its tough to think its worth holding on to.
    you can pour thousands into an eta. it's still worth less than you think... unless you have some sorta sleeper... sent from hell using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by 84mint325e View Post
    YouR opinion is not needed and shows your small mindedness,
    Welcome to R3V

Your car looks great, but I think an eta is merely the intro to E30 ownership and isnt really indicative of the true ownership experience.

Your car is nice, but Im guessing yours started at a premium and when looking back at what you've spent $13k on its tough to think its worth holding on to.

Leave a comment:

• 84mint325e
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Whatever you say, but when you start a thread, throw out a round number that breaks out nothing for comparison and then advertise your car with that same number it seems fishy. In any case, my opinion is as valuable as yours, which is to say that neither has value.
    I have no nefarious reasons for starting this thread. One thread has nothing to do with the other.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied

Your comment makes no sense. It's easy to tell how much you spent on your car. You just add up the receipts like I did. Ranting about a simple question is unnecessary and bizarre.
    That's a bot you are replying to.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    No, I didn't start this thread to justify my asking price for my car. That was a pretty ignorant thing to write. I started this thread to see if my spending equals others. My selling of my car came weeks after coming to the decision that I wanted to buy a different car. You opinion is not needed and shows your small mindedness,
    Whatever you say, but when you start a thread, throw out a round number that breaks out nothing for comparison and then advertise your car with that same number it seems fishy. In any case, my opinion is as valuable as yours, which is to say that neither has value.

Leave a comment:

• 84mint325e
    replied
    Originally posted by Ingrid
    theres no person that can tell you how much to spend on a car. no one here knows your financial situation, no one here knows what your income to debt ratio is. actually, there is no right answer at all.

what if i told you to spend 10% of your salary on a car...that doesnt mean its financially right...you may have expenses that exceed 90% of your income....so now what?

what if you spend 10% of your salary on a car......what if you lose your job the next week....how much money do you have in the bank? how long can you float yourself while you look for a new job?

what if you're straight out of school.....well paying job, no debt, live at home, very little expenses and you can comfortably spend 50% of your income on a car......does that make it right? nope.
    Your comment makes no sense. It's easy to tell how much you spent on your car. You just add up the receipts like I did. Ranting about a simple question is unnecessary and bizarre.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X