Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arcpolo
    replied
    Been in the BMW game since early 2000s. My 1st bmw was a 98 E36 M3 which i spent tons and tons of money into suspension/ engine upgrade for track events, autoX and 1/4 miles. Since i have owned E28, E39, E46 and now an E30. I would say i spent average between $5-10k for most bmws, but the winner certainly goes to my JDM toys, i think i have spent over $30k in the past 3 yrs in my FJ80 Land Cruisers, prior to that is got to be my 94 FD3S and my 73 RX-3....

Leave a comment:

• Anchoright
    replied
    I’m pretty sure I’ve spent around $40k at this point, but I stopped counting!

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post

Pffft, n00b...

also, I'm still waiting for my 330i to cost me $17,800 over 10 years. Maybe it will happen all in the next couple years - but I won't hold my breath.
    Haha! most of my cost was the OE MT2, the S54 engine and trans (plus install parts) and the full repaint, that was $18 alone. I am $27 including the price of the car though.

As for the 330i it wont, that car was awesome and no turbos to worry about.
    Last edited by Staszek; 01-31-2022, 09:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Bought my car in 2016 for 5k and probably put another 5k in it. not bad not bad

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    Last count $27,000
    Pffft, n00b...

also, I'm still waiting for my 330i to cost me $17,800 over 10 years. Maybe it will happen all in the next couple years - but I won't hold my breath.
    Last edited by nando; 01-30-2022, 11:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Last count $27,000

Leave a comment:

• It's Soda Not Pop
    replied
    As of right now I'm probably in my E30 for 11-12 Grand. It's only going to climb from there. Labor of Love.

Leave a comment:

• McGyver
    replied
    I just had to add everything up for insurance. Some of the stuff was bough used, so my total is probably a bit high. Then again, I forgot about several things that I've done over the years, so maybe it comes out even?

Anyway, bought the car for $500 in 2010, put about $12,460 into it until April of 2021.

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
    I been in E30’s for 31 years. I lost track what I spent on my E30’s. I doesn’t bother me what it cost me.
    I've spent plenty! But I view it as just the cost of enjoying my hobby of choice. Some guys spend more on greens fees and Ping golf clubs than I do on my E30. I just prefer to tool around in the garage on the weekends vs golfing, scuba trips or polishing a wrist watch collection. LOL

That said, I've spent little less than $30k on my E30 since I bought it as a $600 beater back on 2011. According to my spreadsheet, it's about $13.5k on 249 parts, $14k on paint & body work, and a bit more on labor for the cylinder head rebuild, tire mounting & odds & ends I couldn't do myself.
    Last edited by Aleman; 06-09-2021, 12:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jgilber0
    replied
    I’ve spent a bunch, maybe more than I should have, but I always say (somewhat unconvincingly) that it’s cheaper than trying to own a new BMW. I think I’m at $10K for five years of ownership so far but I’ve stopped keeping track.

Biggest expense, and nearly as much as the initial purchase of the car, was my $3K 5-speed swap using a lot of new parts and labor from a local shop.

Nearly every other expense has been made in the interest of driveability and reliability. These include the cooling system; master cylinder, brake booster, and ABS pump; shocks and struts, lollipops; a new convertible top; timing belt and water pump, cluster.

Lower cost stuff includes a tune-up with wires, plugs, cap and rotor; injectors, all new hoses, fluid flushes and changes, and minor body repairs.

Even though it’s mostly DIY, it still adds up. I imagine it would have cost twice as much if I weren’t handy. What I like is that I can hop in and drive this car anywhere without worrying any more.

For the future - seats and r134 AC.
    Last edited by jgilber0; 06-09-2021, 08:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    I been in E30’s for 31 years. I lost track what I spent on my E30’s. I doesn’t bother me what it cost me.

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    I dunno, Thou (very) sad when looking over receipts for the E30’s. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Originally posted by emiliadavid
    Thousad of dollars
    Thank you spam bot, very cool

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Im just waiting for one BS/spam link to drop the hammer...so far nothing though
    I hear you, but we all know it's coming, and when it does it will be another 20 posts to remove.

Leave a comment:

• 89_325i
    replied
    Including buying the car, and the sheet metal and carpet I bought, I think I'm around 5k (CAD). I dont really keep track, but my budget spreadsheet claims I'll have about $30k CAD in when its all said and done. Considering what I'm doing I think its money well spent. Car should be worth more than that by then, but I'm not doing it to sell. Hoping to drive it for the rest of my life.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X