Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess why Facebook CEO was able to give 100 million to education?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joshh View Post
    You want to punish those that are more successful because you aren't that successful.
    Nice assumption, I'm actually in the top tax bracket though. Being taxed more isn't a punishment. I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say taking grades away from good students, that's a pretty random subject to bring up.

Believe me, there is nothing punishing about being in the top 10% of the countries wealth.. Most of the wealthy don't give jobs at all, they invest their money or run large companies. Taxing them will not affect the economy negatively. Trickle down economics do not work. There is no good reason to cut the taxes for the wealthy, it will not help the economy recover, it will just give the rich more money to pass on to their children.

Do you have any more assumptions you would like to make about me?

Comment

Originally posted by balooshinakus View Post
      Nice assumption, I'm actually in the top tax bracket though. Being taxed more isn't a punishment. I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say taking grades away from good students, that's a pretty random subject to bring up.

Believe me, there is nothing punishing about being in the top 10% of the countries wealth.. Most of the wealthy don't give jobs at all, they invest their money or run large companies. Taxing them will not affect the economy negatively. Trickle down economics do not work. There is no good reason to cut the taxes for the wealthy, it will not help the economy recover, it will just give the rich more money to pass on to their children.

Do you have any more assumptions you would like to make about me?

You don't see the parallel is all.

"Most of the wealthy don't give jobs at all, they invest their money or run large companies."
      Do you want to enter the rest of your leg into your mouth?

How is running a company not employing people?

And again why shouldn't they be able to be extremely wealthy? You haven't given a reason why you think it's okay to increase their taxes...because they just keep it or pass it along to their children. That's now a bad thing?
      They have too much money so let's tax them more. Brilliant!
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

^^ they remain extremely wealthy even after taxes.
        cars beep boop

Comment

Running a large company =/= financing every aspect of a company out of your pocketbook.

I never said they shouldn't be allowed to be extremely wealthy, obviously they have that right. You seem to be implying that increasing the tax rate of the wealthy by several percent is going to prevent them from being extremely wealthy. I think it is okay to increase their taxes because I believe that the extremely wealthy have a responsibility to give back to the country which enabled them to become so wealthy. A few percent more in taxes will not prevent them from being wealthy, but it will help us balance our budget in their country.

Can I ask you something? Do you believe that everyone should be taxed exactly the same percentage wise, or do you believe that the wealthy should be paying a larger percentage but we shouldn't increase the current rate?

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
            ^^ they remain extremely wealthy even after taxes.

Really even those that make just over $250,000?

So "spread the wealth" is what you're advocating? Even though you and I know that no matter what the amount of money this Government gets, they just can't get enough.

How about the Government leave us alone and figure out how to stop wasting so much of our money and get way more efficient? I know it's a novel idea for Liberals.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

So, you still haven't been able to grasp the concept of the progressive tax bracket.
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                So, you still haven't been able to grasp the concept of the progressive tax bracket.
                He still won't get it, even if you show him the numbers. Which is why he pays someone else to do it.

Comment

So "spread the wealth" is what you're advocating? Even though you and I know that no matter what the amount of money this Government gets, they just can't get enough.

How about the Government leave us alone and figure out how to stop wasting so much of our money and get way more efficient? I know it's a novel idea for Liberals.
                  It seems like you don't understand how the tax system works.

From Wikipedia:
                  Imagine that there are three tax brackets: 10%, 20%, and 30%. The 10% rate applies to income from $1 to $10,000; the 20% rate applies to income from $10,001 to $20,000; and the 30% rate applies to all income above $20,000.
                  Under this system, someone earning $10,000 would be taxed at a rate of 10%, paying a total of $1,000. Someone earning $5,000 would pay $500, and so on.
                  Meanwhile, someone earning $35,000 would face a more complicated calculation. The rate on the first $10,000 would be 10%; the rate from $10,001 to $20,000 would be 20%; and the rate above that would be 30%. Thus, he would pay $1,000 for the first $10,000 of income; $2,000 for the second $10,000 of income; and $4,500 for the last $15,000 of income; in total, he would pay $7,500, or about 21.4%.

So yes, someone making just over the top tier bracket will still be wealthy. They will only get taxed the top tier rate for money they make over that last tier, all other money will get taxed the same as someone making 249k/year.

The government definitely needs to streamline, I am not arguing against that. I am simply saying that in addition to streamlining, we should raise taxes on the rich to help get our country out of this deficit we have dug ourselves into by waging two highly expensive wars that we had no way to pay for, and lowering everyones taxes.

Comment

Running a large company =/= financing every aspect of a company out of your pocketbook.

I never said they shouldn't be allowed to be extremely wealthy, obviously they have that right. You seem to be implying that increasing the tax rate of the wealthy by several percent is going to prevent them from being extremely wealthy. I think it is okay to increase their taxes because I believe that the extremely wealthy have a responsibility to give back to the country which enabled them to become so wealthy. A few percent more in taxes will not prevent them from being wealthy, but it will help us balance our budget in their country.

Can I ask you something? Do you believe that everyone should be taxed exactly the same percentage wise, or do you believe that the wealthy should be paying a larger percentage but we shouldn't increase the current rate?

I don't believe in penalizing those that are successful. It's a total joke to even comment on the Federal budget in this country with this administration. You want to lower the debit, stop spending so damned much. What do you do in your home when things get tight. Do you go get a loan or do you tighten the budget? Simple as that.

Taxing the "rich" is a Liberal idea to get those who are less successful to vote for them. It has NOTHING to do with paying off the federal budget.

Our Government is far bigger than it was ever intended to be. There is our biggest problem. Taxing anyone anymore is a backwards way of "fixing" things.

Comment

I don't believe in penalizing those that are successful. It's a total joke to even comment on the Federal budget in this country with this administration. You want to lower the debit, stop spending so damned much. What do you do in your home when things get tight. Do you go get a loan or do you tighten the budget? Simple as that.

Taxing the "rich" is a Liberal idea to get those who are less successful to vote for them. It has NOTHING to do with paying off the federal budget.

Our Government is far bigger than it was ever intended to be. There is our biggest problem. Taxing anyone anymore is a backwards way of "fixing" things.
                      If you look on the tax rate of the rich, it is incredibly low right now compared to the past.

Republican's and Democrats are both wasteful, don't pretend like the Republican party will magically make the government operate more efficiently. Historically republicans tend to increase the national deficit. The real root of government inefficiency is corruption though, politicans hook up their friends, and act in the interests of corporations on a lot of issues, and all of this stuff results in inefficiency. The right people aren't getting chosen for positions, friends are getting chosen. Nobody wants to rat out their friends for doing sketchy things with tax payer money, and we end up paying for money that is unaccounted for. Republicans don't fix this problem, nor do Democrats.

Comment

If you look on the tax rate of the rich, it is incredibly low right now compared to the past.

Republican's and Democrats are both wasteful, don't pretend like the Republican party will magically make the government operate more efficiently. Historically republicans tend to increase the national deficit. The real root of government inefficiency is corruption though, politicans hook up their friends, and act in the interests of corporations on a lot of issues, and all of this stuff results in inefficiency. The right people aren't getting chosen for positions, friends are getting chosen. Nobody wants to rat out their friends for doing sketchy things with tax payer money, and we end up paying for money that is unaccounted for. Republicans don't fix this problem, nor do Democrats.

Where do I say that?
                        The Dems have control right now don't they. Focus.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                          He still won't get it, even if you show him the numbers. Which is why he pays someone else to do it.

Nope, totally understand it. But that doesn't make it any more fair does it.

Comment

You imply that the republicans will be able to streamline the government somehow. Anymore arguments you'd like to make?

Comment

Also, you never answered my question regarding tax brackets. Do you think that everyone, regardless of wealth, should pay the same tax rate, or do you believe that we should keep the current tax rates?

Comment

You imply that the republicans will be able to streamline the government somehow. Anymore arguments you'd like to make?

Where do I say that? Can't stay on point because you know it's (tax hike for the rich) not going to change the debt ah....LMFAO.

Comment

Working...
                                X