Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess why Facebook CEO was able to give 100 million to education?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    Why does that matter? That's completely inconsequential to this conversation. Could you please point out a relevant, useful example of taxes being a punishment?
    Why is it illegal to distill your own hard alcohol even for personal use???? Not paying taxes on it. Again it was just a historical example, while not 100% pertinent to this conversation its still an example.

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW
    Probably because he's a lying, cheating, drug-addicted peace of shit.
    While this may be true, to a point, it has more to do with hes a influential outspoken conservative, that used to broadcast outta one of the biggest dem/progressive controlled states in the union. They cant shut him up thanks to the 1st, so they were going after him with the tax code.

Again, this is totally irrelevant. They're taxed at the same rate as any other industry. They're the most demonized and hated because of shit like what BP did and the current Fracking controversy in the NE US.
    How do you figure, do you have any ideas how many times your gas has been taxes before it gets your car, and then all the taxes you pay on the price. Big Oil only makes 6-8% on its products, the bulk of the price of oil is taxes assessed to the industry every step of the way. Then Have to pay 40% wind fall on the profits.

They are demonized because of all that money they make.

Oh and stop talking about shit you have not a clue about, that has nothing to do with this. I am sitting in a in hotel in NY right now on some dig ups, for texas Eastern, and next week will be back in PA on a frack job well hook up. The controversy is coming from the greenies that want to stop all energy development EVERYWHERE. Matter of fact the PA state govt is holding up about 700 people from going to work for the last 6 months by delaying till the last second permit approvals just because they can and these are High pay high skill jobs that have no govt funding in them at all. Again the Dems control these 2 states. And then at the same time bitching about the economy and how the unemployment rate is so high. The BP thing was an accident you really think it was intentional??????

You equate the fact that people hate big oil with the fact that they pay taxes....the two have zero correlation or connection. Do you have any evidence that the two are connected?
    Yeah about 70% of the cost of a gallon of gas is DIRECTLY remitted back to the govt in the form of some kind of taxation along the way. In the last 25 years the oil industry has remitted 2.2 trillion dollars to the federal govt, and that is more than 3 times the profits posted by the industry in the same time frame. That is a figure right from the govt.

Care to try again?????????????????
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 09-27-2010, 06:44 PM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      Why is it illegal to distill your own hard alcohol even for personal use???? Not paying taxes on it. Again it was just a historical example, while not 100% pertinent to this conversation its still an example.
      wrong, that's like saying it's illegal to grow food then eat it.
      They kept this illegal because half the time some amateur cooked up a batch of bathtub gin it would be poisonous. :drink:
      It's perfectly legal to brew your own beer if you're 21+.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
      If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
        They kept this illegal because half the time some amateur cooked up a batch of bathtub gin it would be poisonous. :drink:
        That's his dumb ass right to poison himself. While I don't condone, you can't cure stupid with legislation. So while you've drank the koolaide and found it tasty, they've used this same pithy plan to push numerous forms of legislation.

Drop the party talk. It's less about parties and more about what and how we view the world. If you're into the idea of giving up rights so Joe dickhead can't poison himself with poorly made alcohole, I'm sorry, we don't agree.
        Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Taxes are not a punishment lol. They're part of living in a civilized society. If the government used them merely as a tool to punish those individuals and businesses that they do not like (as you accuse) than that means the government harbors blanket, unwavering hate to every rich person and large corporation out there. And since it's those people who bankroll their elections..... See how little sense that makes?

Conspiracy theories are retarded, as are those who cling to them.

Under different circumstances I'd actually agree with you here. But because our politicians are so horribly bad with what they spend our money on it has become a punishment.

But you can't argue that the Democrats are trying to punish the rich just for being rich. Because that's all it is. Other than the spending habits of Politicians. They (Dems and Reps) shouldn't even be talking about increasing any taxes. But cutting the budget in tons of areas.
          You know Politicians give some companies special tax privileges. There are easy ways to tax the rich without poking the guys that are giving you and your party cash. So it's not hard to figure out. Lobbyists don't work for shits and giggles.
          Last edited by joshh; 09-27-2010, 09:19 PM.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Really I encourage you too look this shit up before you open your yap.

LOL the blinding came from people in the 20's trying to drink WOOD Alcohol, in place of grain since that had been banned :crazy:

Yeah I know you can brew your own beer, but since when has beer been considered HARD alcohol?????
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Its going to be illegal to keep seeds to grow food if Senate Bill S510 is passed.

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post

But you can't argue that the Democrats are trying to punish the rich just for being rich.
                Sure I can.

I can are that the Democrats are asking those millionaires who did well in the financial crisis to sacrifice and help their neighbors who wren't so lucky. It's not a punishment at all.

It's all about how you look at it. You see it as a punishment, I see it as a civic duty, as helping out you fellow countrymen on who's backs you made your money.

Tell me this: if taxes are a punishment, why do we have jails? Why not just tax everyone that commits at crime at a 99% rate?

Comment

Hey Sleeve, just in case you really do think the Fracking thing is a bunch of hippies being paranoid, please watch this:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Help is coming for some south towns residents whose water supply is contaminated with flammable gas.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

These people can light their drinking water on fire because of the fracking going on under their property.
                  Fracking should be banned permanently and completely near any towns, cities or drinking water sources. No questions asked.

Comment

Sure I can.

I can are that the Democrats are asking those millionaires who did well in the financial crisis to sacrifice and help their neighbors who wren't so lucky. It's not a punishment at all.
                    then why punish them for working hard and earning that, why should a person that has worked hard and made something of them selves have to pay the way of a everyone else???

It's all about how you look at it. You see it as a punishment, I see it as a civic duty, as helping out you fellow countrymen on who's backs you made your money.
                    SO you are fine if the govt tells you that you will now have to give up 75% of your income every year to help your fellow man???? Will you still see it as you civic duty.

Do you get a tax return every year or pay more in taxes than you have too as you seem so happy to do so. After all the govt will use that extra money to help people. Just let the govt keep that extra money, you should be happy to let them from the position you have taken.

Tell me this: if taxes are a punishment, why do we have jails? Why not just tax everyone that commits at crime at a 99% rate?
                    thats where you go when you dont pay them Duuuhhhh..

In the end we are entitled to and equal chance to make something of our selves, we are entitled to try and make it or fail by our Constitution. We are NOT ENTITLED TO EQUAL RESULTS, thats what you are advocating. By takeing from those that have worked and earned, been smart, took risks and made it to give to those that didnt CUZ its NOT FAIR they dont have those things too.

You are responsible for yourself not your neighbors too, they are supposed to take care of them selves.

Sink or swim man

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by reelop19 View Post
                      Its going to be illegal to keep seeds to grow food if Senate Bill S510 is passed.
                      You are clearly distording reality.

It is going to be illegal to grow veggies and sell it to the public without inspection, as there will be no traceability if they are infested with e coli (per exemple). Whenever you buy food, wouldn't you want to make sure it won't kill you? Would you buy meat from somebody on the corner of a street, pulling a steak from under his raincoat?

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Distorting reality...Really? I did a presentation in my kindergarten class on this bill meaning I researched it, did you research it? No you did not because you just looked up something to refute what I wrote. In order to control people from not selling their own food they have to control the seeds. Just look up whats going on with raw milk and how messed up it is that the government wants to be involved with that. Thank You for not refuting the fact that Canadians are bitches though. You know its true

Comment

hey guys I found a picture

cars beep boop

Comment

Sure I can.

This is exactly why Obama is sucking balls. Spread the wealth is a false ideology.
                            Forcing anyone to give their money to "help' someone "less fortunate" if they don't want to is a punishment.
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                              hey guys I found a picture

I just saw that posted somewhere else.. it's even worse than I had thought. You can't even see the lines for the bottom 40% on there!
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                              If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

I just saw that posted somewhere else.. it's even worse than I had thought. You can't even see the lines for the bottom 40% on there!
                                just so you know the bottom 50% DONT PAY ANY FEDERAL INCOME TAXES ANYWAY. MANY GET A REFUND MORE THAN THEY PAID IN AS WELL.

This graph is kinda a moot point in this argument.

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X