Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess why Facebook CEO was able to give 100 million to education?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by balooshinakus View Post
    Also, you never answered my question regarding tax brackets. Do you think that everyone, regardless of wealth, should pay the same tax rate, or do you believe that we should keep the current tax rates?

You're trying to link those two ideas.

If Government were even somewhat efficient there's no reason the tax rates couldn't be the same throughout. That doesn't mean they should be.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Uh.. What? I have been refuting points you have been making. You keep changing the subject. Not going to get into a bickering match with you. We don't feel the same on taxes and thats cool.

Comment

If you look on the tax rate of the rich, it is incredibly low right now compared to the past.

Republican's and Democrats are both wasteful, don't pretend like the Republican party will magically make the government operate more efficiently. Historically republicans tend to increase the national deficit. The real root of government inefficiency is corruption though, politicans hook up their friends, and act in the interests of corporations on a lot of issues, and all of this stuff results in inefficiency. The right people aren't getting chosen for positions, friends are getting chosen. Nobody wants to rat out their friends for doing sketchy things with tax payer money, and we end up paying for money that is unaccounted for. Republicans don't fix this problem, nor do Democrats.
        Uh.. What? I have been refuting points you have been making. You keep changing the subject. Not going to get into a bickering match with you. We don't feel the same on taxes and thats cool.

You went from trying to refute my points to republicans are bad. Even though that's not what i was saying.

You just keep that strong idea that being successful is a bad thing and that they should have to pay for it "more".
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
          You're trying to link those two ideas.

If Government were even somewhat efficient there's no reason the tax rates couldn't be the same throughout. That doesn't mean they should be.
          So then what should they be? I am trying to understand your position on taxes. I understand your point about the government operating more efficiently, and thats fair enough. Assuming the government is operating perfectly, would you advocate a tax rate that is the same for everyone, or a progressive tax rate (with different or the same rates as we have now)?

Comment

So then what should they be? I am trying to understand your position on taxes. I understand your point about the government operating more efficiently, and thats fair enough. Assuming the government is operating perfectly, would you advocate a tax rate that is the same for everyone, or a progressive tax rate (with different or the same rates as we have now)?

If our Government were much more efficient and smaller most people wouldn't really care what they pay in taxes because taxes would be considerably lower.

I see no reason why tax rates couldn't be the same across all tax brackets. But I'm not advocating for that. Less taxes and Government efficiency is what I believe in.

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
              If our Government were much more efficient and smaller most people wouldn't really care what they pay in taxes because taxes would be considerably lower.

I see no reason why tax rates couldn't be the same across all tax brackets. But I'm not advocating for that. Less taxes and Government efficiency is what I believe in.
              If tax rates were to be the same for everyone, there would be no brackets. What are you trying to say here?

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                If tax rates were to be the same for everyone, there would be no brackets. What are you trying to say here?

Only if your intention was to always keep them the same. Which would be highly unlikely. That's why I don't necessarily believe they should all be exactly the same. I do think it could work. But keeping the brackets would allow taxes to be raised in one bracket over another if they have to. Even if it's temporary.

Comment

flat tax FTW or even the fair tax. Everyone pays no one get outta it tax code can be reduced to 1-2 pages

But this eliminates the ability of the govt to punish individuals and industries it does not like, so neither would ever happen.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

^^ you should check out how much your taxes would increase under a flat rate tax system to keep even 2/3 of the current tax income.
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      flat tax FTW or even the fair tax. Everyone pays no one get outta it tax code can be reduced to 1-2 pages

But this eliminates the ability of the govt to punish individuals and industries it does not like, so neither would ever happen.
                      Taxes are not a punishment lol. They're part of living in a civilized society. If the government used them merely as a tool to punish those individuals and businesses that they do not like (as you accuse) than that means the government harbors blanket, unwavering hate to every rich person and large corporation out there. And since it's those people who bankroll their elections..... See how little sense that makes?

Conspiracy theories are retarded, as are those who cling to them.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                        This is precisely the question. Why do our resident paranoid conservatives stick up for the extremely wealthy as stubbornly as they do?

(their answer is, of course, that the wealth is supposed to "trickle down".)
                        Because, go back through history (american history that is) and ACTUALLY research the implenmentation of the income tax.

Originally it was sold to the masses as taxing those "damnable evil rich bastards" and we won't touch your money.

Where is the income tax at now?
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

^^ you should check out how much your taxes would increase under a flat rate tax system to keep even 2/3 of the current tax income.
                          The flat tax is stupid, the FAIR TAX on the other hand is awesome.

I also like that it hits the "underground" cash economy. IE, the contractors/self employed that get paid in cash and don't report it.
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                            Either or, man, while yes the fair tax would be great too as it would get even the illegals better. But I really am just in support of simplefing the tax code to 3-5 pages not 70,000+

hahahahaha

Ahhhh No, you think I would support a system that would give more of my hard earned money to the govt?????????????????? You really think I have not studied this and know what the differences are. I pay a shit load of taxes every year.

Plus with a flat tax you elimate the need for SSI and FICA payroll deduction and thats nearly 1/2 of your payroll deductions right there that you would in turn get to keep.

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW
                            Taxes are not a punishment lol. They're part of living in a civilized society. If the government used them merely as a tool to punish those individuals and businesses that they do not like (as you accuse) than that means the government harbors blanket, unwavering hate to every rich person and large corporation out there. And since it's those people who bankroll their elections..... See how little sense that makes?
                            Really,

well who was the enforcers of the prohibition laws in the 20's???? Oh yeah thats right the Department of Revenue (or the revenuer's) the predecessor to the IRS.

Why has Rush Limbaugh been audited by the state of NY for 13 years straight and many many years by the IRS??? Oh yeah he speaks out against the govt and they are looking to nail him anyway they can. Hence why he left NY and went to FL.
                            *Disclaimer: I hate Rush and dont listen to him, this is just another example I can think of.

What is the most demonized, regulated and taxed industry in this country. The energy industry and more specifically the petroleum industry, Why is could that be???? Gee I wonder..................

Need I continue with more examples
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                              And usually people who make that much money have enough leftover to invest it in whatever plan and have it deducted through another tax loop. At the end, they don't pay anymore tax than somebody who earns much less. But on the long term, they will get their money back when they retire while the commoner will be still be starving on their pension plan...

How many here make more than $250k per year? :up:
                              then the commoner should have strived for a better education and worked harder. made something of himself. I seriously dont understand punishing the work ethic. this world is in the toilet and its mainly because of this mindset
                              We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                              www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Really,

well who was the enforcers of the prohibition laws in the 20's???? Oh yeah thats right the Department of Revenue (or the revenuer's) the predecessor to the IRS.
                                Why does that matter? That's completely inconsequential to this conversation. Could you please point out a relevant, useful example of taxes being a punishment?

Why has Rush Limbaugh been audited by the state of NY for 13 years straight and many many years by the IRS??? Oh yeah he speaks out against the govt and they are looking to nail him anyway they can. Hence why he left NY and went to FL.
                                *Disclaimer: I hate Rush and dont listen to him, this is just another example I can think of.
                                Probably because he's a lying, cheating, drug-addicted peace of shit.

What is the most demonized, regulated and taxed industry in this country. The energy industry and more specifically the petroleum industry, Why is could that be???? Gee I wonder..................
                                es
                                Again, this is totally irrelevant. They're taxed at the same rate as any other industry. They're the most demonized and hated because of shit like what BP did and the current Fracking controversy in the NE US.

You equate the fact that people hate big oil with the fact that they pay taxes....the two have zero correlation or connection. Do you have any evidence that the two are connected?

Try this on for size: The sun is round, and is also hot. Therefor the punishment for being round is to be set on fire.

See how retarded you sound?

Comment

Working...
                                X