$5 Gas in 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's an interesting chart.

Especially considering the cost of gas has jumped nearly 20 cents a gallon in the last 7-8 days.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

it's been pretty flat/down here?
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Prices have hovered at around the same area for at least 4-5 weeks here. No up or down yet.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

It's crap as usual.

Especially when you consider a very large % of the nations oil runs through, and is stored, less than an hour away from Tulsa in Cushing.

We also have two refineries in Tulsa.

It's a crock.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

$5 gas? We should be so lucky. Get the idiots off the road.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
              http://jalopnik.com/5819036/summer-g...ntinue-to-drop

Um, probably not gonna hit $5 in 2012...
              Um, bump.

And about that Dollar being devalued: http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/dxy

Up a dozen percent from a year ago. . .

Comment

Does it matter how long it's been sitting at higher levels? Fuel that is.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                  Um, bump.

And about that Dollar being devalued: http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/dxy

Up a dozen percent from a year ago. . .

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                    this.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                      Does it matter how long it's been sitting at higher levels? Fuel that is.
                      Higher than what? The momentary crash in price during the global recession?

It's good to have it find stability and is still lower than 2008

Comment

We finally got some relief locally. 3.65 for 87 in my area drive two towns over it's 3.55.

I like the dollar comments as oil is traded in dollars not euro.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

fuck you all

granted, it's 92 octane, top-tier non-ethanol gas, but that's actually about 6 cents below it's peak from a couple weeks ago. the problems we have up here are twofold:

-gas is like $6-7 a gallon up in canada. People literally cross the border just to buy gas here because it's so much cheaper. that drives our prices up.
                          -there was a pretty major fire at one of the local refineries. they've been shut down for an extended period and are just now getting back up to speed. it also happened around the same time as planned maintenance at other refineries. Supplies of refined products on the west coast are at their lowest in 20 years.

it appears to have peaked, but I have to laugh at people complaining about $4 gas. :p

I'm pretty sure in this little corner of the US, we have some of the highest gas prices other than hawaii and maybe alaska. But, it's always been that way - I remember going to tennesse/georgia, and gas was like 90 cents a gallon, and it was about $1.50 here. I blame Bush. :p
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ouch. I think I paid $3.11 yesterday to fill up my truck.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

holy shit nando. thats crazy. gas prices like those are the reason i started buying e30s. my rx8 gets 17-19mpg on 93. it got pricey. i really enjoyed my eta for that reason. not sure what im doing with an ix now though.

have you considered an eta or 318? those prices are really steep.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

nah. I only drive 5 miles per day or so. Even only getting 17-20mpg, I only fill up twice a month.

it would take several years to pay off a car I'd be willing to drive with gas savings.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X