No announcement yet.

$5 Gas in 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you mean when the world economy hit a total standstill, we were losing 500,000+ jobs a month and oil droped by more than half in 6 months? Why is that surprising?

are you trying to say that Obama purposely made oil $4 a gallon? because that's pretty damn funny.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Non sequiturs are fun

Comment

you are a toaster and i like the rain.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          you mean when the world economy hit a total standstill, we were losing 500,000+ jobs a month and oil droped by more than half in 6 months? Why is that surprising?

are you trying to say that Obama purposely made oil $4 a gallon? because that's pretty damn funny.

So now your claiming oil prices trend with the rest of the US economy?
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

uhm. yes? isn't that obvious?

the economy overheated. oil prices spiked. the economy tanked. oil prices plummeted. the economy started to gain steam. oil prices rose again. the economy's growth is slowing - oil prices are flat.

it pretty much has zero to do with whoever is president. Unless you're Carter and you enact price restrictions. :p
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

are you claiming that oil prices dont trend?
              AWD > RWD

Comment

uhm. yes? isn't that obvious?

the economy overheated. oil prices spiked. the economy tanked. oil prices plummeted. the economy started to gain steam. oil prices rose again. the economy's growth is slowing - oil prices are flat.

it pretty much has zero to do with whoever is president. Unless you're Carter and you enact price restrictions. :p

Regardless if they are unusually high in a bad economy? This economy has never gained steam over the past 2 years. It's been at a crawl and has been for over two years.

It does matter who is President. Oil companies are absolutely going to take advantage of a President who wants energy prices to "necessarily skyrocket" so he can implement more green energy. Just not directly. 16 months of gas over 3.11 and still going. Even the evil Bush didn't do that. He had a spike which lasted 8 months.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

It's really not even worth discussing it with you..
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

nothing is, i'm surprised you even bother.

Comment

Of course not. The economy isn't doing well and fuel prices are abnormally high. But it definitely has *nothing* to do with who the most powerful man in the world is.

Comment

the economy has been growing (slowly) for 2 years, but there's no way to convince somebody of that when facts have no meaning to them.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

actually what i believe josh is saying is the economy has been growing so slowly it shouldn't have put pressure on oil to rise in and of itself, and the fact gasoline usage is declining in the USA and that we are importing less oil might lead one to think something other than demand/supply is affecting oil prices
                          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                            actually what i believe josh is saying is the economy has been growing so slowly it shouldn't have put pressure on oil to rise in and of itself, and the fact gasoline usage is declining in the USA and that we are importing less oil might lead one to think something other than demand/supply is affecting oil prices

Thank you but he knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Comment

You're right, I'm completely ignorant on oil. I only work in the industry. :p

Also, Japan definitely didn't have their biggest disaster in history, that led them to shut down all nuclear power plants and burn oil for electricity instead. and there weren't riots/government collapses in the east where the majority of the world's oil is produced. Iran didn't make threats towards western nations that led to them being shut out of markets. BP didn't have the biggest oil spill in history, that shut down well production and exploration in the gulf for ages. China didn't engage in a huge QE program to keep their economy afloat, and neither did the USA, Canada, the Brits, or the ECB.

There are definitely no macro effects that could cause oil prices to rise, other than the fact that Obama happened to be president when 8 years of a disasterous GWB government finally unwraveled.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                                Quoted for when the price goes back down as it did at the beginning of 2009.
                                Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                                You can hope all you want for $1.60 gas again... but at the end of the day you'll still be blaming someone else for your problems instead of doing something proactive about it.
                                Originally posted by joshh View Post
                                The answer is $1.84. Mr. Sleeve is correct. Keep those blinders on buddy.

Last data of 2008 = 1.61
                                First data of 2009 = 1.68

Is the concept of Google.com beyond your intelligence?

Comment

Working...
                                X