This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
    Now lets move on and hope he governs for all Americans versus the last 8 years of obama governing for the left only.
    not likely, the rich are definitely going to get richer in the next few years. Trump wont have to fight to have every single piece of legislation pushed though since he has both a house and congress that are controlled by his party. he shouldnt have anyone to blame if he fails to make new laws, and this is what scares me
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I'm really hoping Chump passes the Hearing Protection act or repeals the NFA all together.

Comment

NFA is not going anywhere, as much as I would like too see that its not going anywhere. Would I would like to see is the walk back to the requirements for your trust of 24 months ago, not the 0 admins "changes that were enacted" last summer I think. Would like to see the "assesories" that currently require a stamp, phased out, though to keep the antis happy, put them in the same category as buying a firearm and a 4473 required at time of purchase.... Thats likely as much a pipe dream as the NFA going away.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

I'm hoping he makes issue of term limits (he won't get it) and gets Congress to get off their asses... or at least in the building working. We'll see where he goes with the tax plans and the IRS. If for no other reason, I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the planned cuts. Settle once and for all the giving money to the rich and corporations benefits the middle and lower class argument. Not to mention the national debt...

As I said before, I'm not going to root against him. If he does well, he'll get my vote in 4 years. But judging from his backing away from many of his campaign positions... it turns out Trump might just be a standard politician after all. I'm hoping Trump supporter's vessel for change turns out better than the last vessel for change.
          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
          -----------------------------------------
          91 318is Turbo Sold
          87 325 Daily driver Sold
          06 4.8is X5
          06 Mtec X3
          05 4.4i X5 Sold
          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
          90 325i Sold
          97 328is Sold
          01 323ci Sold
          92 325i Sold
          83 528e Totaled
          98 328i Sold
          93 325i Sold

Comment

Nasa’s Earth science division is set to be stripped of funding as the president-elect seeks to shift focus away from home in favor of deep space exploration

Donald Trump is poised to eliminate all climate change research conducted by Nasa as part of a crackdown on “politicized science”, his senior adviser on issues relating to the space agency has said.
            Walker, however, claimed that doubt over the role of human activity in climate change “is a view shared by half the climatologists in the world. We need good science to tell us what the reality is and science could do that if politicians didn’t interfere with it.”
            Except it's literally not politicized. This is a politician making a claim about science, when scientists are not in any disagreement. A very ironic statement indeed. Claiming it's politicized, when it's not, is actually a political statement. This guy, haha.

Policy-makers and the media, particularly in the United States, frequently assert that climate science is highly uncertain. Some have used this as an argument against adopting strong measures to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. ... (2). Such statements suggest that there might be substantive disagreement in the scientific community about the reality of anthropogenic climate change. This is not the case.
            Last edited by Kershaw; 11-24-2016, 08:39 AM.
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Kershaw, you are out of your gourd.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
              Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
              Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
              Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Do you believe the Earth is flat?
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                  At one time, the science was settled on that buddy.
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                  Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                  Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                    Getting rid of Gavin Schmidt's federal money gravy train, his inaccurate projections of climate doom, his biased faith in inaccurate climate models while ignoring actual satellite data proving them false, on and on etc is overdue.
                    His mentor Hanson was equally bad at anything related to the climate.

The next step is to issue an order pulling out of the Paris climate agreements, and killing funding to the UN IPCC efforts

All of this is a natural pendulum swing back to reality after the left grabbed climate as an issue to further political goals vs climate goals.

But I hope you have a great Thanksgiving day, seriously. It's good arguing with you

:)
                    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Do you believe the earth has had the same climate for the last 4.5b years, and never been hotter or colder before humans started to set campfires and build things ????
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        Do you believe the earth has had the same climate for the last 4.5b years, and never been hotter or colder before humans started to set campfires and build things ????
                        Happy turkey day sleeve
                        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Same, hope its gone well for all of ya, enjoy the time with the family.....

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            Same, hope its gone well for all of ya, enjoy the time with the family.....
                            happy turkey day, sleeve, you're about to LOVE me, buddy.

my black friday shopping list is body armor, helmet, gas mask, and a polyethylene riot shield.

i (and hopefully a few hundred other vets) am headed to north dakota to do something about this bullshit right here.

The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.

maybe i'll see you out there ;)

all right. everyone please continue arguing about climate change on the internet.
                            past:
                            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:
                            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Not a bad list, I was thinking there was hope for you yet, but that was dashed quickly ;) That said I thought Body armor was considered contraband in CA after the N Hollywood shootout in 97???

Nahh you wont see me up there, I am stuck on a Job in Central FL for the winter, we have protesters here too but they meet up at starbucks 1st. Thou I might suggest some water tight underwear (they have taken to using water canons to disperse the idiots as of late), cold weather gear and some Mickey mouse boots, as it gets cold up there this time of year and is going to just get worse. As a north land guy, that spend a lot time outside in the winter months, I sugesst you dress in many layers, and not rely on 1 big puffy jacket to keep you warm. December can be a fickle bitch in ND when it comes the weather.

As usual your on the wrong side of this situation as well, that line IS BUILT save for the Directional Drill under the river, its not going anywhere unless your protesters can come up with enough billions to pay Energy Transfer (soon to be Sunoco) off to make them go away..... Yeah thats not going to happen. It was built in accordance to the permits and regulations issued by the governing bodies at local, state, and federal levels. These local people had plenty of to time to comment and bitch in the 2 years of planing and ground work before construction started to make their stand and come to a better compromise long before the 1st piece of iron hit the ROW, or the first joint of pipe was milled.

You do know that the DAPL dose not even cross the Standing Rock Reservation right??

You do know many of those residents want all you outta stateres to go the fuck away right?? Bunch of CA idiots come in trying to show everyone how they are smarter an more important than us fly over state people irregardless of what the people who actually live there want.

You are aware that the protesters are breaking laws, trespassing, destroying millions of dollars of private property, shooting at cops, and just in general fucking shit up making a huge mess. Really how good is it for the enviroment/water supply, to burn down a heavy equipment full of Diesel, hydro/engine oil grease, plastic, rubber and what not and leave the carcas there to rot and the rains to wash all that shit into the ground....

You want to go not just support but "defend" these people??? So to sum things up you support, Trespass, felony destruction of property (maybe Arson charges), Blocking traffic, shutting down bridges, and so on and so forth. Good for you, I am glad you have your laruls (sp) and are willing to put your money where your mouth is, (something I do respect right or wrong, agree or disagree) I just wish you were not so misguided to base them on the media reports, you are far smarter than this, I hope you see it for what it really is soon enough.

Do you even know anyone thats been there or is there now you can talk to to get the actual story. I DO, guy sitting in the truck next to me everyday just got done up there on that SPREAD, My old boss is running QC for the construction contractor on that spread, half the trades hands on the job I am on were somewhere on the DAPL anywhere from 2 months to 2 weeks ago. There is plenty of 1st hand knowledge in my position on this.

Anyway happy indigenous peoples oppression day (that is what you PC, CA types call it now right?) with your loved ones, now back to our regularly scheduled bickering....
                              Last edited by mrsleeve; 11-24-2016, 11:40 AM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                                At one time, the science was settled on that buddy.
                                Eratosthenes calculated the circumference of the world 2200 years ago. I think before that point it wasn't really thought about. So really, if you are taking that route, you're like the peasants in the middle ages that claimed the earth was flat. Columbus wouldn't have sailed west trying to find a new route to India if he didn't know the earth was round. The educated have known the answer for a really really really long time.

Speaking of Columbus and anthropogenic climate change. Have you read the studies that heavily suggest that the Little Ice Age came about due to the decimation of the Native Americans? It's pretty interesting.

(PhysOrg.com) -- A team comprised of geological and environmental science researchers from Stanford University has been studying the impact that early European exploration had on the New World and have found evidence that they say suggests the European cold period from 1500 to 1750, commonly known as the Little Ice Age, was due to the rapid decline in native human populations shortly after early explorers arrived.

Now you have to think, we've destroyed those eastern American forests, we've destroyed the Amazonian rain forests, the Indian forests, Chinese forests.. but it has no impact on the world?
                                AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                                X