Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My name doesn't throw any red flags but almost every time I go to the airport I get randomly selected because I'm middle eastern. Random my ass
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Not sure if anyone cares or not: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

Originally posted by 8 U.S. Code ยง 1182 - Inadmissible aliens
      (f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
        Not sure if anyone cares or not: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182
        I agree with blocking entry of known threat sources into our country.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
          I agree with blocking entry of known threat sources into our country.
          Don't say that too loud.

But yeah, I agree with you.

OT: I bet Solvang is absolutely beautiful right now after all the rain!

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

"known threats". Hah!

So, why didn't we block anyone from Turkey or Saudi Arabia? As has been pointed out - none of the terrorists who have committed acts of violence on US soil have come from the 7 "banned" countries.

I don't think anyone is saying we should just let anyone in - but this whole thing was poorly thought out, slapdash and idiotic. It's done nothing to make us safer - unless you think keeping students, scientists, and filmmakers out of our country helps somehow..
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Saudi Arabia absolutely needs to be on the list.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                Saudi Arabia absolutely needs to be on the list.

I absolutely agree with you
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

I would not use the term "banned," it was suspended for 120/90 days. Also, not a Muslim "ban."
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    "known threats". Hah!

So, why didn't we block anyone from Turkey or Saudi Arabia? As has been pointed out - none of the terrorists who have committed acts of violence on US soil have come from the 7 "banned" countries.

I don't think anyone is saying we should just let anyone in - but this whole thing was poorly thought out, slapdash and idiotic. It's done nothing to make us safer - unless you think keeping students, scientists, and filmmakers out of our country helps somehow..
                    FWIW, not understanding why these particular countries were selected is not an argument against the decision made. There is some pretty heavy military presence in the nations selected, not so much for Saudi Arabia or Turkey. It's fine if you disagree with the reasoning behind it, but none of us are in a position to make an informed decision on who should/shouldn't be excluded.

Comment

The whole situation with isis is fucked up. In my opinion, we should stop bombing the shit out of the middle east and leave them the fuck alone. The USA has already caused so much damage there, it will take 100 years for Syria to get back on its feet. We kill maybe 1 terrorist and 4 innocent people every time we drop a bomb. You kill one and create 10 more, because Uncle Sam left you to pick up you little sister in pieces, so that would make an individual become an enemy to your state. You cannot fight an ideology, you can't blow up terrorism and anyone can subscribe to isis and go about killing people in the name of it. It's not like ISIS is going to get an army together and ride over here on there sea camels. I'd rather put a suspension on people coming from area's where people are chopping off heads and saying how much they hate america, than level their country and make everything way worse. We all lock our doors at night, not because we hate the people outside, but because we love the people inside. This is a shitty situation with no real way to go about helping/protecting refugees and americans without upsetting one side.
                      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                        I would not use the term "banned," it was suspended for 120/90 days. Also, not a Muslim "ban."
                        How is it not a muslim ban? 99.9999% of the people in those countries are muslim. And Trump specifically said that "christians" will be allowed in. Its not clear to me how they would know who is a christian, and religious tests are definitely illegal.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

It's 100% targeted towards muslims because we're dealing with a "Muslim" extremist group, but I say that because there are many other Muslim majority countries that are not affected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yet the vast majority in those countries are not terrorists, any more than you or I.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Chump for President

I remember reading something that said something like this, "if you had a bowl of 10000 skittles and 10 were poisoned, would you eat from that bowl?" I don't agree with that sentiment, but that's the mindset of small minded people who blindly support his policy. Like I was saying before, no matter what happens regarding the refugee crisis and the Middle East in general, it will cause controversy. Also, there are so many other countries that are more than capable to step up to the plate and help out with refugees. People are getting their undies in a bunch about a temporary suspension, while other countries sit back and watch us and the few others try and deal with probably, the most fucked up situation of our life time. (Im 24) I can understand where both sides are coming from, but there is no compromise between a 90 day suspension and just forgetting that policy was even brought up. We just have to deal with the reality, which is the suspension is in effect. Let's see what happens after 90 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^^That was a tweet by Trump Jr IIRC
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X