Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite religious or political quote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
    In my opinion all "religious" quotes should stem from the bible, qua ran, or torah, not from personal opinion or opinions about religion.
    "In the beginning, he created a mountain, trees, and a midget." - Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Fourbanger View Post

This is only one example of the many who truly believed the word of the Bible yet ended up dying of snake bites.

But it was God's plan, bro.
      Sounds like a great argument for separation of church and state...

Not guilty by reason of unconstitutional law.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
      Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
        Demented puppeteer, you sure the one that prey's on fear and is truly evil is the one surrounded by fire and brimstone?
        Again, where did I say anything about being religious. Don't be dense.

Originally posted by zxert View Post

I don't see 409,000 aetheist missionaries helping to fix the issue you're crowing about.
        happens all the time through non profits and grass root organisations.

Comment

dont forget US Foreign Aid. that's in the billions, per country, to africa.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
            dont forget US Foreign Aid. that's in the billions, per country, to africa.
            yea but merica is a CHRISTian nation under GOD
            BroWorks.com Bro is a lifestyle

Comment

Hold on a sec, I'll grab a step ladder to help you off that high horse you're on.

I have absolutely no belief in your god, I can't hate what isn't real.

re my high horse- that's all right, i'll stay up here thank you.

re hatred-you can and obviously do hate our faith. i submit that hatred and true happiness are not compatible in the same heart.

this thread is an objective example of why polite company stay away from these topics. additionally it is further proof that arguing on the internet is like the special olympics. so i'm out. i'll leave you all to your accidental, meaningless lives. good luck.

hth
              robert w.

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post

re hatred-you can and obviously do hate our faith. i submit that hatred and true happiness are not compatible in the same heart.
                Hating a religion is not the same as hating the god of that religion. The beast that is Christianity is something which I can actually experience in my life, it is entirely rational to hate it.

Contrary to what your beliefs have convinced you of, I cannot experience your god...I cannot hate what has zero impact on my life. Religion impacts my life, god does not.

i'll leave you all to your accidental, meaningless lives. good luck.
                Again with the attempts of judging our lives, you're really going to hurt yourself up there...but I suspect you have a helmet on.

My beliefs with regards to theism does not make my life any less meaningful than yours, it is of your opinion that it does but fortunately your opinion has zero impact on my life. I love my life and many aspects of it have significant meaning to me, feel free to downplay the now and look with yearning to the future. When your time is up, you'd better not regret the choices you made...I certainly won't have to.

As to accidental, congrats at highlighting your oh-so-typical theistic thought process. "they can't explain it, therefore they are wrong". If you'd like I can create a cult that has it's stories as well, will that satisfy your desires to know the whole story of something instead of going out to search for the truth? Cause what's the point of learning and advances our knowledge of the sciences when we can simply turn to an archaic text written by a bunch of primitive, barbaric sheep herders?

Comment

Hating a religion is not the same as hating the god of that religion. The beast that is Christianity is something which I can actually experience in my life, it is entirely rational to hate it.
                  just give up now before you wear your keyboard out, you forget who you argue with

a bunch of primitive, barbaric sheep herders

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                    "In the beginning, he created a mountain, trees, and a midget." - Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
                    You're not one of those Flying Spaghetti Monster "creationists" are you? Can't one be a member of the Church of Flying Spaghetti Monster AND agree with evolution theory?;)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                      You're not one of those Flying Spaghetti Monster "creationists" are you? Can't one be a member of the Church of Flying Spaghetti Monster AND agree with evolution theory?;)
                      you watch yourself heathen blasphemer, He will strike you down with His noodley appendage

Comment

honestly i wish it was true, that way i could have a fall back, a crutch, when i break my legs. maybe then i wouldnt have to struggle through my problems alone. maybe i could pawn it off and make it easier. i wish.

Comment

back on topic

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

“To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?”

“About once or twice every month I engage in public debates with those whose pressing need it is to woo and to win the approval of supernatural beings. Very often, when I give my view that there is no supernatural dimension, and certainly not one that is only or especially available to the faithful, and that the natural world is wonderful enough—and even miraculous enough if you insist—I attract pitying looks and anxious questions. How, in that case, I am asked, do I find meaning and purpose in life? How does a mere and gross materialist, with no expectation of a life to come, decide what, if anything, is worth caring about?

Depending on my mood, I sometimes but not always refrain from pointing out what a breathtakingly insulting and patronizing question this is. (It is on a par with the equally subtle inquiry: Since you don't believe in our god, what stops you from stealing and lying and raping and killing to your heart's content?) Just as the answer to the latter question is: self-respect and the desire for the respect of others—while in the meantime it is precisely those who think they have divine permission who are truly capable of any atrocity—so the answer to the first question falls into two parts. A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless' except if the person living it is also an existentialist and elects to call it so. It could be that all existence is a pointless joke, but it is not in fact possible to live one's everyday life as if this were so. Whereas if one sought to define meaninglessness and futility, the idea that a human life should be expended in the guilty, fearful, self-obsessed propitiation of supernatural nonentities… but there, there. Enough.”

“Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.”

“What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

“Everything about Christianity is contained in the pathetic image of 'the flock.”

-Christopher Hitchens

i almost put rest in peace then i lol'd at the disgust he would've had for such a comment.

Comment

Originally posted by jesus christ View Post
                            GOD hates fags
                            1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
                            1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
                            1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
                            guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
                            Originally posted by ak-
                            Must of slid into Rob

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                              i've always been a member of The Church, but i never took my faith seriously. i lost my way until just recently when i was touched by his noodley appendage. i have become a ReHeated Pastafarian.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy. H. L. Mencken
                                STX e30
                                No. 10/110 STX: 1989 325i
                                DD: 1991 318is slicktop

SHAZAM, GOMER, LOOK AHEAD.

Comment

Working...
                                X