China has doomsday weapon ???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China has doomsday weapon ???????

read it here folks China developing EMP weapons. Just the thought of this makes me queasy.

Per my norm 1st 1/3 or so of article.
    Originally posted by Article
    China's military is developing electromagnetic pulse weapons that Beijing plans to use against U.S. aircraft carriers in any future conflict over Taiwan, according to an intelligence report made public on Thursday.

Portions of a National Ground Intelligence Center study on the lethal effects of electromagnetic pulse (EMP) and high-powered microwave (HPM) weapons revealed that the arms are part of China’s so-called “assassin’s mace” arsenal - weapons that allow a technologically inferior China to defeat U.S. military forces.

EMP weapons mimic the gamma-ray pulse caused by a nuclear blast that knocks out all electronics, including computers and automobiles, over wide areas. The phenomenon was discovered in 1962 after an aboveground nuclear test in the Pacific disabled electronics in Hawaii.

The declassified intelligence report, obtained by the private National Security Archive, provides details on China’s EMP weapons and plans for their use. Annual Pentagon reports on China's military in the past made only passing references to the arms.

“For use against Taiwan, China could detonate at a much lower altitude (30 to 40 kilometers) … to confine the EMP effects to Taiwan and its immediate vicinity and minimize damage to electronics on the mainland,” the report said.

The report, produced in 2005 and once labeled “secret,” stated that Chinese military writings have discussed building low-yield EMP warheads, but “it is not known whether [the Chinese] have actually done so.”

The report said that in addition to EMP weapons, “any low-yield strategic nuclear warhead (or tactical nuclear warheads) could be used with similar effects.”

“The DF-21 medium-range ballistic missile has been mentioned as a platform for the EMP attack against Taiwan,” the report said.

good discussion on EMP's here in this thread as well. More what to do if an EMP event happens

Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

I guess a tin foil hat wouldn't protect ya?

Comment

nahhh dont think it would matter too much unless it was grounded well
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

EMPs have existed for ages. The US has some crazy-ass weapons also.
        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          EMPs have existed for ages. The US has some crazy-ass weapons also.
          i believe we have pulse weapons capable of shooting satellites down
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

mrsleeve do you live in a constant state of panic?

Vinyl Lettering

Comment

^

Funny thing is I dont. I am prepared for nearly anything........

Yes I am sure we have a similar weapon and I am confident that our military hardware, would be fairly well protected and engineered around such weapons. Its not our weapons systems I am worried about its our infrastructure here at home that makes this scary possibility.

William Pitt-

Comment

Imagine the scare we've been giving other countries for the last 70 years with weapons that we have.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  ^

Funny thing is I dont.
                  and yet the title of this thread is "china has doomsday weapon ???????". chill out, be less hyperbolic, and folks will take you more seriously maybe ;)
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Yeah sleeve, what kind of kook are you?

Comment

and yet the title of this thread is "china has doomsday weapon ???????". chill out, be less hyperbolic, and folks will take you more seriously maybe ;)
                      would you have read it if I gave it some other type of title??

Dozy: most countries fall under our wing of protection, so one may conclude they are at ease with it.

William Pitt-

Comment

^

Funny thing is I dont. I am prepared for nearly anything........

Yes I am sure we have a similar weapon and I am confident that our military hardware, would be fairly well protected and engineered around such weapons. Its not our weapons systems I am worried about its our infrastructure here at home that makes this scary possibility.
                        Not really. If they did that to us here, we'd start by nuking Beijing. And they know it.
                        2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                        2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                        1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                        1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                        - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                        1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                        1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                        Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

and yet the title of this thread is "china has doomsday weapon ???????". chill out, be less hyperbolic, and folks will take you more seriously maybe
                          would you have read it if I gave it some other type of title??
                          This is what he wants out of you...

"China now Has Weapon the US has had lying in bunkers in Oklahoma for 40 Years!"

Comment

(╯°□°)╯︵ ɹǝqıɐʞ uıqɹɐɟ
                            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                              Not really. If they did that to us here, we'd start by nuking Beijing. And they know it.

If you read about the weapon, you'll find that China has created this weapon for use against the US because they know it is something the US will not respond with nuclear force to.

“any vulnerable U.S. [aircraft carrier] would not push the U.S. across the nuclear-response threshold,” the report said.

Comment

Working...
                              X