No announcement yet.

Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm glad we're finally getting you to do basic research after 61 pages of madness

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
      google "peer reviewed"

namaste
      inspiring others to see your point of view
      persuasive
      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I will admit, I didn't click either link cause at this point your claims are dismiss-able as old man garble.

Reading through the paper it tends to make a lot of assumptions that there is some massive conspiracy involving all 3 measurements and that the people who use them are somehow setting up a massive alarmist conspiracy by changing the data to suit that model.

What I think is confounding is they don't actually dispute any warming, they just make a point that its more due to larger world population and more urban hotspots on the earth bringing up the average temperature. Rather they thing GAST is somehow off because it doesn't exactly line up with temperature readings made by local institutions, something that is pretty obvious considering they wouldn't be taken at the exact locations together.

Im confused how this helps your case, this seems more like a new 'there is a massive conspiracy around the EPA, NASA, etc cuz muh (((globalists))) are trying to be climate alarmists.

Even doing my own research reading local temperature readings in my own cities/states i live in It shows an increase in minimum temperature, which in turn increases the average temperature.

Honestly don't really believe any of this since its peer reviewing is pretty much done by colleagues and those who already agree'd with the authors, and the authors reference previous works they made that also agree with the data, not other works by other authors.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
          inspiring others to see your point of view
          persuasive
          no, i'm asking you to have a basic, baseline understanding of the scientific process

i'm asking too much because apparently since this generated a butthurt reply

Comment

not that uncurious george will read it but here's an interesting article about why satellite or surface temperature data is adjusted (hint: it's not a global conspiracy)

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post

Honestly don't really believe any of this since its peer reviewing is pretty much done by colleagues and those who already agree'd with the authors, and the authors reference previous works they made that also agree with the data, not other works by other authors.
              yes and this only happens one one side LOL
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                in before being flamed for questioning government funded scientists
                As opposed to exxon funded engineers and those with Doctorates in economics?

Glad to see your criticism and scrutiny only applies to that which you disagree with.

The Undersigned Agree with the Conclusions of this Report:

Dr. Theodore R. Eck
                Ph.D., Economics, Michigan State University
                M.A, Economics, University of Michigan
                Fulbright Professor of International Economics
                Former Chief Economist of Amoco Corp. and Exxon Venezuela
                Advisory Board of the Gas Technology Institute and Energy Intelligence Group
                Great peer revision.

Comment

look it took 420 posts in this thread before george had the impetus to actually google what "peer reviewed" means and still doesn't really appear to have a grasp of what it entails

Comment

To be fair, they all are peers. They all hold irrelevant degrees, and all of their funding can be traced back to petroleum conglomerates with cheques written by the Koch brothers.

In all seriousness though and not simply dismissing their findings on their path of education or who foots the bill for their research, it's still not the nail in the coffin gwb thinks it is, and that's the issue. Not only that, they a so called scientific paper actually refers to the CRU server hacking commonly referred to be deniers as climategate, as climategate. When you cannot even craft a supposed scientific and intellectual document without exposing your bias and agenda, you lose all credibility. The whole document looked to be put together by an underground general studies student, and was nothing more than a review of other peoples work. It wasn't an accumulation of research and data to be reviewed, it was a revision of someone else's work itself.

Try again.
                    Last edited by cale; 07-14-2017, 02:20 PM. Reason: Cause z31's an ass ;)

Comment

So does that mean we get to discount people that don't know the difference between irreverent and irrelevant?

:)
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Hmmmmmm

Trump’s defense chief cites climate change as national security challenge

Secretary of Defense James Mattis has asserted that climate change is real, and a threat to American interests abroad and the Pentagon’s assets everywhere, a position that appears at odds with the views of the president who appointed him and many in the administration in which he serves.

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 2.14.20 PM by phled1, on Flickr

DoD Releases Report on Security Implications of Climate Change

The report finds that climate change is a security risk, Pentagon officials said, because it degrades living conditions, human security and the ability of governments to meet the basic needs of their populations. Communities and states that already are fragile and have limited resources are significantly more vulnerable to disruption and far less likely to respond effectively and be resilient to new challenges, they added.

“The Department of Defense's primary responsibility is to protect national security interests around the world,” officials said in a news release announcing the report’s submission. “This involves considering all aspects of the global security environment and planning appropriately for potential contingencies and the possibility of unexpected developments both in the near and the longer terms.

“It is in this context,” they continued, “that the department must consider the effects of climate change -- such as sea level rise, shifting climate zones and more frequent and intense severe weather events -- and how these effects could impact national security.”

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                          So does that mean we get to discount people that don't know the difference between irreverent and irrelevant?

:)
                          No, but you can discount me for not knowing my typo was actually a word. Wasn't that a Leo movie?

inb4 no ones denying change, only that it's a natural cycle.....but it's not happening since 98, but it's natural.
                          Last edited by cale; 07-14-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                            No, but you can discount me for not knowing my typo was actually a word. Wasn't that a Leo movie?

inb4 no ones denying change, only that it's a natural cycle.....but it's not happening since 98, but it's natural.
                            Ha! Well played. I'm not sure, maybe?

They only people who doubt CC are the people that think there is a bearded daddy figure waiting to make it all better.

You know when he's done spreading disease, poverty, and picking favorites in everything from soccer matches to war.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              Ha! Well played. I'm not sure, maybe?

They only people who doubt CC are the people that think there is a bearded daddy figure waiting to make it all better.

You know when he's done spreading disease, poverty, and picking favorites in everything from soccer matches to war.
                              He is not wasting his time on any of that! He is keeping me from speeding tickets & getting me great parking spaces 24/7/365!!!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                                He is not wasting his time on any of that! He is keeping me from speeding tickets & getting me great parking spaces 24/7/365!!!
                                *golf clap*

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                                X