Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by decay View Post
    "opinionated" is conflated with "hostile" too frequently these days. snowflakes on both sides...

Well, picking a fight where there isn't one denotes a hostile action. At least that seems reasonable to me.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

right, and i answered based on what you said. that makes me retarded how?
      Because you put words in my mouth and assumed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
        Because you put words in my mouth and assumed.
        no... i answered based on *what you said*.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

This thread never fails to deliver... mud slinging.

First, the human race (as a whole) does fit the definition of a parasitic species in the context of the earth's biological systems. Period. It is not nihilistic to state that, it's realistic. Does the human race do amazingly beautiful things? Of course they do. Should humanity be wiped out because we do some terrible things? Of course not. Although, the Earth's biological systems will make that decision for us since we don't care to listen to it. Will it be soon? No, of course not. Humans are incredibly short sighted.

Second, gwb72tii. Anthony Watts is an anti-climate blogger who never received a degree. While this alone does not discredit him, it certainly should make one take anything he writes, or publishes, with a grain of salt. He is earning money for his website and opinions from people/companies with a vested interest in his position. Which is why he won't change that position even after stating he would pending the results of a 2011 study. The results were released and disproved his theories on the affect the sun has on warming vs. anthropogenic causes. Instead of accepting the results as he said he would, he tried to discredit the methodologies used and data. Again, watch Merchants of Doubt. That doesn't make him all bad though. He does advocate for clean energy and alternative energy sources.
          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
          -----------------------------------------
          91 318is Turbo Sold
          87 325 Daily driver Sold
          06 4.8is X5
          06 Mtec X3
          05 4.4i X5 Sold
          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
          90 325i Sold
          97 328is Sold
          01 323ci Sold
          92 325i Sold
          83 528e Totaled
          98 328i Sold
          93 325i Sold

Comment

no... i answered based on *what you said*.
            Yawn. Ok tinkerbell, you're boring me.

What's so damn funny is that you're so vile that I said the climate is changing and instead of saying something like holy shit!!! What did you say!?!?!, you have to spew more putrid shit and pick apart what I said because I said one cause in an amalgam of causes. Seriously you need to let go of the hate in your heart.

Comment

Here's a shout out to James Hansen, the huckster who started the entire "carbon is the evil" and CO2 is the temperature switch ruse. Today is the 30th anniversary of his testimony on congress on why we were all supposedly doomed and all sorts of scary bull.

Happy 30th
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Why are you always making an issue of the CO2 controversy?
                My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                  Yawn. Ok tinkerbell, you're boring me.
                  yeah, sorry... i guess you'll have to go back to the incel subreddit to entertain yourself.
                  past:
                  1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:
                  1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

...so back to adult conversation, y'all sound like my teenage kids bickering again. :p
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Worth a watch. I saw it years ago, but also watch the new episodes every Wed night (currently discussions are about particle/quantum theory etc). This came up on my YouTube sidebar and thought of this thread.

Spoiler: no (and climate change has nothing to do with this). Sign Up on Patreon to get access to the Space Time Discord! https://www.patreon.com/pbsspacetim...
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

Interesting info there, I would, however, like to punch that guy square in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                          Interesting info there, I would, however, like to punch that guy square in the face.

Why the hostility? lol

I have a feeling PBS hosts are all trained in the same manner...

Viewers like you help make PBS (Thank you 😃) . Support your local PBS Member Station here: https://to.pbs.org/donateinfiHow do you stack hundred-dimensional...

Anyone else keeping tabs on the sun's activity? Lots of days this year without sunspots, 112 of 206 days so far since Jan 1 to be exact...

john@m20guru.com
                          Links:

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post

Second, gwb72tii. Anthony Watts is an anti-climate blogger who never received a degree. While this alone does not discredit him, it certainly should make one take anything he writes, or publishes, with a grain of salt. He is earning money for his website and opinions from people/companies with a vested interest in his position. Which is why he won't change that position even after stating he would pending the results of a 2011 study. The results were released and disproved his theories on the affect the sun has on warming vs. anthropogenic causes. Instead of accepting the results as he said he would, he tried to discredit the methodologies used and data. Again, watch Merchants of Doubt. That doesn't make him all bad though. He does advocate for clean energy and alternative energy sources.
                            As I have said many times, if you can’t get over where an article is published and judge it on its own for content, then you are going to ignore half of the argument on climate.

The fact is skeptics cannot get published on sites you may approve of. Editors are part of your "consensus" and also fear career jeopardy if they publish out of "mainstream" studies. Skeptics can’t, for the most part, get peer reviewed for the same reason. This prejudice is widely known.

Watts’ blog is an aggregator of skeptical viewpoints and opinions on climate. Lots of really smart people don’t have degrees. The articles on his website are not his for the most part. Where is your criticism of Al Gore and his pseudo analysis of climate change.

Ask yourself from a common sense standpoint: co2 is a trace gas, and not even the most potent gas contributing to global warming. Science shows 95%of co2 emissions are natural. Yet man is the driver of warming. It’s beyond absurd. The global warming movement is political which has been shown as well. And you wonder why most people don’t care?
                            Last edited by gwb72tii; 07-30-2018, 08:25 AM.
                            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                              As I have said many times, if you can’t get over where an article is published and judge it on its own for content, then you are going to ignore half of the argument on climate.
                              It's not half, it's a few squeaky wheels on a 2 mile long train. AGW and denial of it, is not us vs. them. Deniers are trying to pick apart the efforts of thousands of climate scientists, many of whom do not agree on everything but accept rising global temperatures as a reality.

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                              Ask yourself from a common sense standpoint: co2 is a trace gas, and not even the most potent gas contributing to global warming. Science shows 95%of co2 emissions are natural. Yet man is the driver of warming. It’s beyond absurd. The global warming movement is political which has been shown as well. And you wonder why most people don’t care?
                              That 95% is part of a natural cycle with natural absorption in the oceans and forests. It's not a matter of common sense, it's a simple calculation. That additional 5% (it's actually less than 4%) effects change, it doesn't just disappear. The problem is folks such as yourself can't understand this, and still think "asking themselves" is a reasonable approach to finding the truth in the matter.

Sit in your garage with your car running and the door cracked enough to let 95% of the exhaust out, let us know how that goes for ya.

Comment

Some food for thought on this topic: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...-warming-real/

Comment

Working...
                                X