Question for Christians.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Christians.

The athiests thread got me thinking about this simple question. Along with Smooth to his credit in this respect.

What makes you a Christian in your own words? What makes you feel you can call yourself a Christian with confidence?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Originally posted by joshh View Post
    The athiests thread got me thinking about this simple question. Along with Smooth to his credit in this respect.

What makes you a Christian in your own words? What makes you feel you can call yourself a Christian with confidence?
    I was born as a christian so I don't question it.

"We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
      I was born as a christian so I don't question it.

Awesome first response but I'm looking for serious answers.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
        Awesome first response but I'm looking for serious answers.
        I can't help you there. I can, however, offer you arbitrary racial slurs.
        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

sounds like a good compromise.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

When it comes down to it, Its when you accept and believe in Jesus as your one and only Savior. Some may argue, but thats what a "true Christian" will believe.

Comment

Originally posted by lolfunafghan View Post
              When it comes down to it, Its when you accept and believe in Jesus as your one and only Savior. Some may argue, but thats what a "true Christian" will believe.

Not to start a shit-storm, but this is what confuses me because what about God?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

That's what I never understood either. Where does God come into play?
                Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

I know you guys know the answer to those questions, if not...read the Bible. A book so important to so many people should not go ignored whatever your take on it is. Read it for knowledge, read it for lawls, hell...read it for ammo to criticize Christianity!

Edit, this was in response to the two previous posts and not the OP!
                  Last edited by cale; 01-10-2012, 12:11 AM.

Comment

^^ not a bad answer

Vinyl Lettering

Comment

^ Agreed. I have yet to finish it but I've read enough to know the trinity has everything to do with it.

I'm asking for personal opinions because they vary quite a bit.

Comment

God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the trinity. They are one in the same.

Comment

In the most simplest way that I can describe it... The nation of Israel
                          Danny

88 ///M3 - Zinno street/shop queen
                          88 ///M3 - Henna Track rat (Sold)
                          98 ///M3 hellrot - Sold
                          89 Porsche 944 - dd
                          95 E34 525it/pick up - P/U Project
                          90 325is - track rat

Comment

Obligatory response.
                            Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Obligatory non response.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X