Is there a god?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kvasi
    replied
    Originally posted by yeaseth
    And yes God looks after us, I also know God ALLOWS things to happen. We do have free will ya know.

    Question for you is:
    First think about the small percent that is truly looking to the Lord.
    Do you think all those things would be happening if the world were looking to Him, like they should be... Something to think about
    And, why (the hell) dont he just proove he exist so that all of us morons start spreading hugs instead of mayhem? Thats something for you to think about.. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by yeaseth
    We do have free will ya know.
    Then is the sentiment that "God has a plan" something made up by followers, or is it actually mentioned in the Bible?

    If God has pre-determined things, then you don't actually have free will.

    Leave a comment:


  • yeaseth
    replied
    Originally posted by Kvasi
    And Id like to see you prove they exist.. Feel free to choose from explaining war, terror and hunger happening if theres a god looking afther all of us..
    And yes God looks after us, I also know God ALLOWS things to happen. We do have free will ya know.

    Question for you is:
    First think about the small percent that is truly looking to the Lord.
    Do you think all those things would be happening if the world were looking to Him, like they should be... Something to think about

    Leave a comment:


  • yeaseth
    replied
    For those of you wondering about my monkeys having human babies comment, I wasn't completely serious ( it was from an episode of Ali G http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB5VXJXxnNU , very funny stuff go to 2:40 for my quote) And I cant prove those unicorns dont exist (so they totally could exist), you cant prove a negative, but I can prove God does exist in my life for sure. And make sure you guys don't rely purely on every "Christian" out there for your information, some are genuine and some I dont think have the complete Christ model in them just yet, Please don't use "Christians" mistakes to judge who Jesus is and what He can do.

    Just look in the bible for your deep answers or ask a follower that you think is genuine, use your instincts and you can pray to Him and he will answer I guarantee it, Good luck everyone

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    People of the cloth...............why has God sent no messengers/messages/etc...............since people came out of the dark ages?

    Leave a comment:


  • herbivor
    replied
    Religion is a bi-product of evolution of the human brain. There are a lot of evolutionary "mistakes" that carry through as species evolve. Religion happens to be one of ours.
    Last edited by herbivor; 08-03-2012, 04:06 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • FunfGan
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    Then he was crazy.

    Here is a good read.

    http://www.reporteroo.info/resurrect...the_christ.htm
    Good read, as are the "Liar, lunatic or Lord" articles I've read.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cliche Guevara
    replied
    Originally posted by cale
    You're not an agnostic then. Agnostics do not believe in a god nor do they have disbelief.
    Agnosticism isn't a position in the same way theism and atheism are, it's just saying that you don't have enough knowledge to take a position. It doesn't apply specifically to abelif in god. In this topic I see it as a cop out to avoid pissing off either side. Sure, you can never say definitively that there is no god, but that also applies to the question of whether there are ghosts or if there's a pink unicorn inside Jupiter. No one says they're agnostic about pink unicorns in Jupiter.

    Originally posted by yeaseth
    Of course there is a God, I'd like to see someone even come close to proving the Father, Son and Holy spirit don't exist!
    Can you disprove pink unicorns in Jupiter?

    And as far as evolution goes, the Bible never said organisms didn't do some of there progression that scientist have proven correct,which people call "evolution"(which is fin), But if your talking about Humans coming from some kind of aps, which didn't happen because the first humans were sent from God, Found in Genesis, I dont agree. If so why aren't monkeys having human babies today, or the other way around.
    Evolution does not predict that chimpanzees will suddenly give birth to humans, it predicts the sort of slow, gradual change that is seen in the fossil record. In arguing that evolution does predict that you are either being disingenuous or have a severely misguided understanding of what the theory predicts.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0
    What if Jesus wasn't who he said he was? Just sayin....
    Then he was crazy.

    Here is a good read.

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    I don't deny a higher power... I simply gave it a name in that sentence.

    Leave a comment:


  • cale
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0
    However, I do believe in God.
    You're not an agnostic then. Agnostics do not believe in a god nor do they have disbelief.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    Originally posted by LBJefferies
    There is nothing wrong with discussing this topic again. After all, it is the Politics and Religion sub forum.

    I like the cosmological argument for the existence of god. Basically, something had to have set the universe in motion, and whatever that mechanism is can be called god.

    My problem lies with religion. Religion teaches people to not think for themselves and follow blindly. Religion teaches people that the material world doesn't matter, only some immaterial realm with which we don't have any evidence for is what matters. Religion teaches people to pray, and thus only make themselves feel better, instead of offer some sort of actual assistance. Religion teaches people to not take control and responsibility of their lives, let god take care of it. Religion teaches people that you shouldn't give yourself or others credit for good things that happen, god must have done them. Believe it or not, the message that religious folk hold so highly and preach from their soap boxes, is actually a bad one.
    I had to quote this. Thumbs up.

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    As an agnostic, I have trouble buying into the bible's story. I mean, the first half is telling you what not to do, then the second half has some human walking around saying "it's OK, I forgive you" What if Jesus wasn't who he said he was? Just sayin....

    However, I do believe in God... I just don't rely on any idols to tell me about it.

    Leave a comment:


  • cale
    replied
    Originally posted by yeaseth
    If so why aren't monkeys having human babies today, or the other way around.
    Because monkey's always turn me down, otherwise there would be.

    If you're serious though (which I fear you are) I'm scared for the future of those you infect with your ignorance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Swanny
    replied
    A good episode of Curiosity. I enjoyed how the argument was broken down. After the original airing they actually had a panel of theologians and scientists to continue the debate. Interesting bit by no means a definitive answer.

    Leave a comment:

Working...