Is there a god?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • cale
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
    I don't ask the questions. I'm too busy living.
    And those who ask the why questions are not living as full of a life as you?

    Leave a comment:


  • ieatpeople
    replied
    I treat religious people like i treat homosexuals.


    If that's what makes you happy, good for you. I'm not personally interested in that, so please don't try to include me.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by herbivor
    Faith doesn't provide the answers. It just stops you from asking the questions.
    I don't ask the questions. I'm too busy living.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Not true.

    Leave a comment:


  • herbivor
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
    I'm here. That's all that matters now.

    I'm a creationist in the sense that I was created. Now, what (or who) created me and everything around me....well....that's up for debate and no one can really know. Everything came from something. Everything has, and always will be.

    There are thing we just cannot understand, and are probably better off not knowing.
    Faith doesn't provide the answers. It just stops you from asking the questions.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    I'm here. That's all that matters now.

    I'm a creationist in the sense that I was created. Now, what (or who) created me and everything around me....well....that's up for debate and no one can really know. Everything came from something. Everything has, and always will be.

    There are thing we just cannot understand, and are probably better off not knowing.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30e
    replied
    Originally posted by StealthiE30
    Just curious cliche, what do you believe in? I get the whole no god thing, but what do believe started this whole clusterfuck of the world/universe we live in?
    Why does it necessarily have to be a belief system of why we exist? I know i exist because my dad got lucky one night 9 months prior to my birth, same goes for him and his dad. As to who created us, why does it matter who created a single cell that was able to adapt, multiply, and evolve.

    As for me it's not like i don't care or believe in the science I just know that I have other shit to worry about than worry about my creator or origins.

    Leave a comment:


  • cale
    replied
    Originally posted by e30e
    Personally I feel a lot "atheists" are just plain counter culture assholes who feel entitled to strut around spoutting out there opinion mixed with facts JUST to counter the Jehovah's and Mormons. R/atheists is a fucking super circlejerk of douches who hide behind computers with no respect for anyone.
    A lot of them are, but nearly every outgoing atheist I've encountered has been online. Most people in person keep their opinions to themselves, everything is bigger and badder on the tronz.

    Leave a comment:


  • Xat1cZ
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Cliche Guevara
    replied
    Originally posted by StealthiE30
    Just curious cliche, what do you believe in? I get the whole no god thing, but what do believe started this whole clusterfuck of the world/universe we live in?
    I accept the established consensus scientific explanation for how the universe and life has arisen from the big bang to today. I don't know what was going on before the big bang or what set it in motion, nor do I know how the first life form arose, but I am comfortable acknowledging science's current shortcoming in those areas. That said, I am incredibly excited to see the new discoveries that will inevitably be made in those fields.

    Leave a comment:


  • StealthiE30
    replied
    Just curious cliche, what do you believe in? I get the whole no god thing, but what do believe started this whole clusterfuck of the world/universe we live in?

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
    There are no atheists in foxholes..... ;);)
    that's not true actually.

    studies have shown that when athiests are experiencing situations where mortality is heavily considered, their disbelief in god(s) does not change. whereas all religious people and agnostics do become more religious when considering their mortality.

    so yes, there are atheists in foxholes. :P

    Leave a comment:


  • Cliche Guevara
    replied
    True true. Evangelical atheists can be more obnoxious than evangelical theists if only because they're only goal is sometimes just to shit on your beliefs rather than striving for any sort of enlightenment (be it spiritual or intellectual).

    Leave a comment:


  • e30e
    replied
    Personally I feel a lot "atheists" are just plain counter culture assholes who feel entitled to strut around spoutting out there opinion mixed with facts JUST to counter the Jehovah's and Mormons. R/atheists is a fucking super circlejerk of douches who hide behind computers with no respect for anyone.

    I don't believe in anything, I don't shove that down anyone's throat just as I don't expect anyone to shove god/Allah/budda/or Ra down mine.

    I've encountered my share of Fundies and you know what works best with them, simply stated we don't share the same beliefs, we do share some same morals; I do believe in being respectful to others. If that's not there morals then whatever.

    If a supreme being exists then I guess I'll find out one day, as of right now I'll stick to my beliefs.

    That being said, I do not want religious ideologies governing this country or being used to divide this country.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vivek
    replied
    Originally posted by slaterd
    Um...yeah it is?

    That's a religious thread? It's about pixelating cars..

    Leave a comment:

Working...