Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama has gotten his healthcare and amnesty.... whats next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^
    That

Morison:
    Your going to sit there and tell us that dodd/frank was an attempt to save the system? Dodd/frank was largely the cause of the houseing debockel 2007-current
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

No, I'm not going to tell you Dodd-Frank is an attempt to save the system. It's an attempt to regulate things which Brooksley Born saw fit to regulate but she was ignored - mostly because 99% of congress didn't know what a derivative was, and hey, things were really booming. There wasn't even an attempt to regulate fraud [in the derivatives market].
      Last edited by Morrison; 07-03-2012, 12:44 PM.
      "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
      -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

While OTC derivatives may not have been the blasting cap this time - they were part of the dynamite. There was an extremely close call in September of 1998 when LTCM blew up and had to be bailed out by other financial instutions at the urging of Mr. Greenspan which illustrates how unstable they can make the foundation.
        "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
        -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
          Down with what ship? This country is anything but conservative. Oh no wonder it's going down....lol. The further left it goes the faster it sinks...great point!

i didn't make any such point. how you view the future of this nation is all in how you wish to perceive the nature of events as they. you seem to perceive everything as an affront to some kind of eternal American idealism.

the vast majority of this nation's people could benefit from drastic changes in the areas of personal liberties, religious freedom, healthcare, education, etc, but because of corporate ownership of stubborn conservative figureheads and the gullible masses that buy into their shit, no changes are made. solutions flounder because political parties and interest groups that fund them want to 'make their point', the problems compound, and the nation suffers.

you may now continue to proselytize conservatism and paint our state of affairs as a result of 'lefty policies' to an online car forum. godspeed, buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Morrison View Post
            While OTC derivatives may not have been the blasting cap this time - they were part of the dynamite. There was an extremely close call in September of 1998 when LTCM blew up and had to be bailed out by other financial instutions at the urging of Mr. Greenspan which illustrates how unstable they can make the foundation.
            and you could not have given a more perfect illustration of why greenberg failed. LTCM should have been allowed to go under, blow up and die. and set an example for bear sterns, lehman and others that the government does not have your back when you put ypur company in jeopardy.
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

time to move to canada

Comment

Originally posted by Pl3wA View Post
                time to move to canada

Comment

sirry, canada has the same medical kathingermabobs as the obama healthcare thingamabob. Personally, im not old enought to notice it

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post
                    i didn't make any such point. how you view the future of this nation is all in how you wish to perceive the nature of events as they. you seem to perceive everything as an affront to some kind of eternal American idealism.

the vast majority of this nation's people could benefit from drastic changes in the areas of personal liberties, religious freedom, healthcare, education, etc, but because of corporate ownership of stubborn conservative figureheads and the gullible masses that buy into their shit, no changes are made. solutions flounder because political parties and interest groups that fund them want to 'make their point', the problems compound, and the nation suffers.

you may now continue to proselytize conservatism and paint our state of affairs as a result of 'lefty policies' to an online car forum. godspeed, buddy.

How's Obama's and GE's relationship been?
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Morrison View Post
                      Would your consider Alan Greenspan a conservative? Considering his strong belief in a "hands-off" approach to the markets, support for privatization of social security, and his support for tax cuts, it would be hard to paint him as a liberal. He was no doubt successful during his career as a private financial consultant and subsequent 30+ years in office serving as economic advisor for Gerald Ford, and as Chairman of the Federal reserve for Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II. Despite warnings from Brooksly Born as early as 1998 that the derivatives market should have regulations and reporting requirements to prevent a volitile collapse of the whole system, putting the American people's money at risk, Alan Greenspan continued to push for a "hands off" approach to the derivatives market.

What this illustrates is a liberal trying her damndest to warn a conservative that something better be done actively to prevent catastrophe.

At least Grennspan was able to come out and admit that he had been wrong, after witnessing the 2008 collapse.

The subesquent Dodd-Frank bill, named after the two democratic congressmen who wrote it, is an attempt to prevent the ship from taking on water again in the future. You'd rather have blind religious faith that the ship won't sink again? I'd prefer concrete proactive solutions.

Are you seriously delusional enough to think that in just 3.5 years Obama has been able to turn this country that far off the course of conservatism that the architect of America's economy had put us on for over 30 years?

Some people can not be easily labeled. Some people are just greedy fucks. Anyone that bails out a failing hedge fund with tax payer money ( in the end) is anything but a conservative imo. Let them fail and fail hard.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Bleh... I don't like both candidates, but I'll take Romney over Obama.

Also... that healthcare bill will bankrupt us even more then the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's poorly written and dangerous to the well being of this nation.

Comment

Originally posted by turge View Post
                          Bleh... I don't like both candidates, but I'll take Romney over Obama.

Also... that healthcare bill will bankrupt us even more then the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's poorly written and dangerous to the well being of this nation.
                          Troll

Comment

Josh, no taxpayer money was used in the bailout of LTCM in '98. If you're referring to TARP in 2008, then yes, tons of taxpayer money was used, but Greenspan resigned prior to this. Still, like GWB, I'm intrigued to know what would have happen if LTCM would have imploded. No one can say for sure, but likely a recession of some degree, but far milder than the 2008 debacle. I tend to agree that their failure would have been a wake up call for the system.

Unfortunately in the game of politics nobody wants a recession to occur under their watch, and if they catch wind of one approaching, will do anything in their power to prevent it, even if it simply means kicking the ball down the road a few years.

In the 2008 crash, I remember Bush coming on TV and basically telling me that if congress did not pass the bailouts the world would end. It reminded me a little of the following scene from Ghostubsters:

Dr. Egon Spengler: Don’t cross the streams.
                            Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?
                            Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.
                            Dr. Peter Venkman: I’m fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, “bad”?
                            Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
                            Dr. Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.
                            Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That’s bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.
                            -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                              Troll
                              Nope not trolling. This law will cost more then the current wars. It may not seem like a huge investment up front, but give it a few years and it will. But hopefully it'll be taken down soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                                Obama has gotten his healthcare and amnesty.... whats next?
                                Isn't it obvious? Rape the white women, white slavery and turning your kids gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X