Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama has gotten his healthcare and amnesty.... whats next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post
    Except that this thing you speak-the shredding of spent casings never actually happened. And the same story here.

According to the NRA no casings at all were shredded, and the whole thing took less than a week to resolve, apparently to everyone's satisfaction, except perhaps yours.

From FactCheck.org:

An Undead Theory

(But resolution of the issue) hasn't buried the zombie claims that the Obama administration is trying to eliminate the supply of reloaded military small-arms ammunition. We keep getting those messages. The most recent carries the subject line: "Why Ammo is Scarce."

Ammo may well be scarce: Georgia Arms warns buyers on its Web site that shipping times are delayed five to seven weeks. But the reason isn’t any Obama administration move to shut down reloaders. Georgia Arms states that it is "due to a huge increase in demand."

And it’s logical to think that surge in demand is coming from gun owners who are needlessly concerned by groundless but undead claims like this one.
    dang facts getting in the way of conspiracies! :p

My friends recase their own ammo. soooo much cheaper, and kind of fun too. You just have to be careful.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      dang facts getting in the way of conspiracies! :p
      But but but but but but but but

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      So this is what your going to resort to..... I have debunked every arguemnet you can make aginst anything I have said mostly with the govt. Own figures, and presented a very (in myth busters terms) plausable argument backed by facts, and you are just going pull the retarted card out because you don't agree ?????

Comment

Jesus I said in the 1st post that thanks to the quick actions of 2 senators and the shooting community squashed that attempt, you guys are so quick to jump on the GOTCHA that your reading comprehension has FAILED you. So if any of you would have bothered to read the posts, I dont say anywhere other than the ATK fiasco that any brass WAS shredded or destroyed in the initial attempt to re classify once fired military brass. I suppose you guys can be misconstruing the point I was trying to make to darrin that casing brass is worth much more than shredded, but I think I might be giving you guys a little too much credit.

Thank you please try again.

Darrin asked me for examples and I have given him some along with the rhetoric from the O-mans mouth hole to back up my position.

Just to help ya out from my initial post on the matter, you can go back to post 18 and see that I HAVE NEVER EDITED it either.

Originally posted by ME
        March 13 2009: The newly appointed (by the O-man) of the Defense Logistics agency ordered all the once fired military brass be destroyed so it could not be sold on the civilian market by commercial re loaders as moderate priced sporting/practice ammo. The brass is worth much more in casing from than shredded brass, so this would not only cost the tax payers a lot of money in lost recouped cost, and at the time ammo prices were sky high due to domestic and military high demands and that would have pushed prices even higher. Including for law enforcement to have practice ammo to use. This order was squashed by the efforts of 2 senators form Montana and lasted only a week end thanks to the shooting community acting quickly on it.
        Last edited by mrsleeve; 06-29-2012, 03:09 PM.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by WhyNot View Post
          yeah thats a for sure thing.
          he only allowed ccw in federal parks and ccw on amtrack trains to fool everyone into a lull.
          Ohhhh I missed this, as for you

FUCK NO YOU CANT CARRY ON AMTRAK. You get caught on a train with a gun you will be booted off the train at the next stop. If your on a long haul train you have to change trains in CHICAGO YOU CANT CARRY ANYWHERE IN IL, You cant legally transport a pistol in IL if you stop for any reason other than emergency's or fuel when driving, and if traveling by other means if you take posetion of you bags like you have to do when you change trains in Chicago. Or if your train passes though a state where your CCW is not recognized what then genius. Also you cant check a bag with amtrak if you have a weapon in it. I have been on amtrak a few times.

The Nat Park CCW law WAS FUCKING BOOSH, and the 1st thing that the 0 did when he got into office was to put a halt to it. A few months latter under heavy pressure and reluctantly did he allow it to go into effect.
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

FUCK NO YOU CANT CARRY ON AMTRAK.
            Correct. Which is fine by me, since being shot on an Amtrak train is way, way down on the list of ways I am worried about dying. Far more likely to get smashed into by some fucking drunk or texting teen.

Also you cant check a bag with amtrak if you have a weapon in it.
            Incorrect. It needs to be in a locked hard-sided container, but handguns can, in fact, be carried on trains that offer checked baggage service. Not all do.

Sorry to have not read the entire thread, but really, what has Obama done to restrict sales of guns or ammo as President? Really, what? The reason it's in short supply is because the wingnuts are so convinced he IS gonna take their guns (leaving the gun and ammo mfgrs laughing all the way to the bank) that they're gobbling up arms at a record pace. Gun control advocates are pissed at Obama because he hasn't done shit about gun control, so why are gun guys so freaked out? Paranoia much? Then again, when someone feels that piece of metal is their ticket to a better and more secure life in spite of the reality that only a tiny percentage of people who have guns are ever saved by them, paranoia is just part of the deal, I suppose...

Comment

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post
              Correct. Which is fine by me, since being shot on an Amtrak train is way, way down on the list of ways I am worried about dying. Far more likely to get smashed into by some fucking drunk or texting teen.

Incorrect. It needs to be in a locked hard-sided container, but handguns can, in fact, be carried on trains that offer checked baggage service. Not all do.

Sorry to have not read the entire thread, but really, what has Obama done to restrict sales of guns or ammo as President? Really, what? The reason it's in short supply is because the wingnuts are so convinced he IS gonna take their guns (leaving the gun and ammo mfgrs laughing all the way to the bank) that they're gobbling up arms at a record pace. Gun control advocates are pissed at Obama because he hasn't done shit about gun control, so why are gun guys so freaked out? Paranoia much? Then again, when someone feels that piece of metal is their ticket to a better and more secure life in spite of the reality that only a tiny percentage of people who have guns are ever saved by them, paranoia is just part of the deal, I suppose...

Well they have changed the policy on checked weapons since the last time I was on one. and my train changed in Chicago and you have to get your bag and recheck or there is NO checked service on many of the connecting trains outta there. That puts you in direct violation of IL law by not having a FOID card and having a Pistol in Il not to mention Chicago. Both big NO NO's so in many cases you are screwed if you do it.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                On a serious note after getting his Obamacare and Amnesty passed what is next on Obama's agenda?

- Student Loans

- Guns

- ?
                S e x

Sounds like you are subconsciously in denial of s e x deprived.

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                  Do you believe that an educated, tax paying, insurance premium paying man with a wife and kids and 25 years working his ass off in a coal mine should be dropped from his insurance and die of lung cancer? Because fuck him right, it's his own fault.

No but that's why congress *should* make smart laws that prevent insurers from doing things like that.

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                  and..... crazytown

Yeah totally crazy town because large governments never killed millions upon millions of their own fucking people. Now all you have to say is...."it can't happen here"....
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

maybe invest in the students of this country more? he has already done and supported a lot. loan forgiveness, the dream act, etc.

AWD > RWD

Comment

The food stamp program, administrated by the USDA is proud to be distributing the largest amount of free meals and food stamps ever!!!! Meanwhile the national parks service, administered by the US dept of the interior has signs all over telling us NOT to feed the wild Animals. The Officially stated reasoning behind this policy you ask. Because the wild animals will grow dependent on the handouts and will not learn how to take care of themselves!!!

This concludes today's lesson

William Pitt-

Comment

HAhahahahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                          No but that's why congress *should* make smart laws that prevent insurers from doing things like that.
                          THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THIS LAW IS! No longer allowing insurers to refuse insurance to those with preexisting conditions is the centerpiece of this legislation. You MUST have a mandate to prevent abuse. A mandate is NECESSARY.

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                            maybe invest in the students of this country more? he has already done and supported a lot. loan forgiveness, the dream act, etc.

And how many housing bubbles does Norway need before they learn about financial balances? Housing crash in the 90's. Yep they have their shit together...
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                              THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THIS LAW IS! No longer allowing insurers to refuse insurance to those with preexisting conditions is the centerpiece of this legislation. You MUST have a mandate to prevent abuse. A mandate is NECESSARY.

What? Obamacare is sensible legislation to prevent insurers from not covering people .....it goes way the fuck beyond that.

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                                And how many housing bubbles does Norway need before they learn about financial balances? Housing crash in the 90's. Yep they have their shit together...
                                There's no glut of houses in Norway. There is apparently no trading of toxic assets. No liar loans. Many of the economic experts I've read believe that this is the result of high demand for a relatively fixed number of homes. What a shock! Capitalism actually working!

Given they aren't saddling their recent graduates with up to six figures of debt, and no one wonders how they're going to pay for that expensive life-saving treatment.... one of the lowest homicide rates on the planet.....3% unemployment.....I'd have to agree with you. They pretty much have their shit together.

We look like fuckin' barbarians in comparison.

Comment

Working...
                                X