Those selfish richer's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those selfish richer's!

In a second report, the CBO said that in both 2008 and 2009, the highest-earning 20 percent of taxpayers paid 94 percent of the total income tax burden – up from 86 percent in 2007, and 81 percent before the 2001 tax cuts. In other words, higher-income Americans have been paying a bigger and bigger part of the total tax burden under the so-called “Bush tax cuts.”
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

is that because they've been making more and more?

edit: didnt read the article lol
    Last edited by Dozyproductions; 07-12-2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
      is that because they've been making more and more?
      and everyone else, less and less.

z31, you and your wife are probably in the top 5-10% of earners for a household. My wife and I are close, but I wouldn't consider us rich at all.

oddly enough my tax burden for the last couple years has been zero or even negative.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yes, we are just inside the top 10% (according to the numbers I found using 2009 figures). http://www.heritage.org/federalbudge...income-earners

If that is going on households and not individuals.

I definitely do not consider myself rich either.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

I think the only thing this shows is how large the income gap is. Tax reform alone will not fix that. My household is in the top 3% and I don't consider myself financially rich either. Hell, I still DD an E30. I would gladly pay significantly more taxes and reduce my disposable income if I knew crime would be reduced, healthcare was universal, and old people were taken care of with dignity, regardless of financial savings or income.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
            I would gladly pay significantly more taxes and reduce my disposable income if I knew crime would be reduced, healthcare was universal, and old people were taken care of with dignity, regardless of financial savings or income.
            If the gov't efficiently managed their money, they would have plenty to do those things.

That's why I'd like to see something like this implemented with gov't agencies, since at the end of the year, money they don't spend, means a reduced budget.

So, set the goal of reducing their expenditures by say 10%. If that goes is met, 7% of that money goes to the employees in the form of a year end bonus and the 3% goes back to the general pot.

Hell, even the Penny Mack plan just wants 1% cuts each year for the next 6 years to balance budget and the Feds won't do that, the last thing they need is more money.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

I am in the top 14% and its just me making the money (prolly a closer to the top 10 this year though) and by no means am I rich, I barely consider myself comfortable but I know what its like to be laid off for long stints so I am paranoid of that and hoard money. What I paid in total tax burden last year was just appalling.................................

Oh herbi this is for you if you feel so guilty and feel you need to pay more, the Feds do accept gifts and donations please make the large check payable too and mail to.......

Gifts to the United States
              U.S. Department of the Treasury
              Credit Accounting Branch
              3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
              Hyattsville, MD 20782
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                Oh herbi this is for you if you feel so guilty and feel you need to pay more, the Feds do accept gifts and donations please make the large check payable too and mail to.......

Gifts to the United States
                U.S. Department of the Treasury
                Credit Accounting Branch
                3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
                Hyattsville, MD 20782
                you seemed to have missed that "if" part of his comment

Comment

govt. need some cost reduction advisors. Lean manufacture practice that shiz. That's all anyone cares about that I work for.
                  "I wanna see da boat movie"
                  "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

If we implement the take a penny leave a penny paradigm..............................

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                      you seemed to have missed that "if" part of his comment
                      what does if have to do with it.

Crime is mostly handled by your local PD, The feds have little to do with your local affairs

Old People are taken care of rather well as it is now so ahhhh umm

Universal care, we are well on our way so whats he got to complain about.

Might as well write that check there herbi
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                        I think the only thing this shows is how large the income gap is. Tax reform alone will not fix that. My household is in the top 3% and I don't consider myself financially rich either. Hell, I still DD an E30. I would gladly pay significantly more taxes and reduce my disposable income if I knew crime would be reduced, healthcare was universal, and old people were taken care of with dignity, regardless of financial savings or income.
                        none of which the government can do for you
                        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

They sure are trying though aren't they

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            Old People are taken care of rather well as it is now so ahhhh umm
                            you're kidding right? please tell me you're kidding about that statement.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

Claiming tax reform is the answer to income inequality is more than a bit misguided.
                              sigpic
                              -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

Working...
                              X