Announcement of candidacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcement of candidacy

That's right - I know this may seem a little late in the game - and completely unforseen by others, but I am hereby announcing my candidacy for President of the United States.

Let me begin by outlaying my 8 point plain towards progress, job growth, population decrease, etc.

1. On my first day in office I will effectively lift all speed limits on federal interstates. State, county, and city roadways will remain at present levels as set by those jurisdictions.

2. All drugs will be legalized. Everything. If you want it in your body and that thing can go into it - then by all means put it in if you wish. That goes for all prescription drugs too, which will be a misnomer at this point because everything will be available over the counter. They will be taxed on a schedule based off of whatever schedule the DEA has them scheduled at. 40% tax on Sched. 4, 30% on Sched 3, etc.

3. Prostitution will be fully legalized. If you can make money at it, go for it. I want to tax it at 10% though. And you must apply for your license through your local municipality, sort of like a liqour license. This shall require renewal every 90 days after providing proof of disease free-ness and reasonable proper tax reporting.

4. EPA / pollution / global warming stuff: If it effects the air I breathe or the water I drink, let's try to clean it up. Let's not worry too much about global warming. Those richers that own property on the coast deserve any rising of sea levels that happen to swallow their home. Plus it'll give middle class Americans located further inland a chance to become rich themselves by owning their own beachfront property.

5. Foreign Policy: Defense only. No more world police. Scale back military spending to 25% of its current level. Use majority of remaining military spending to develop a missle defense system in the event that Iran does get a ballistic nuclear missile and become cocky enough to try to attack us. Let's just detect it in the air and eliminate the threat in the air. It's 2012, surely we can accomplish this. That's right, I'm bringing back Reagan's "Star Wars" concept.

6. Universal heath care. Let's copy Canada on this one. We probably won't even have to raise taxes near as much since my first two points should do a decent job of eliminating a large portion of the more reckless types in society. Plus points 2 & 3 will bring in untold amounts of additional tax revenue. Point 5 takes this a step further and reduces government spending. Implementation of this to begin 2 years after taking office, allowing time for points 2,3 & 5 to produce meaningful results.

7. Income taxes: Picture the curve y=x^2, where x = the amount of money you make and y=the tax you pay. Special care will be taken to make sure the curve maintains current or lower taxes for those making under $500,000. The corporate tax rate will drop to 0. Capital gains will be on a y=x^3 type curve.

8. Guns: You can have any kind you want, but a limit of 2 of each type. You don't need your own compound. Plus my 2nd point should eliminate the market place that the cartels thrive on when you can buy cocaine from vending machines for 85 cents.
    Last edited by Morrison; 07-15-2012, 07:57 AM.
    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
    -Franklin D. Roosevelt

You will not get my vote
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Thank God you will never win. I hope you're not old enough to vote
      sigpic

Comment

Sadly he is,
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Sorry, Not my vote either.
          sigpic

Comment

Too many morons will get upset with everything you said. I'm fine with everything except for every drug being legal. Pot fine, everything else ehhhhhh not so much.
            1985 BMW 325e
            1997 BMW M3/4/5
            2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

As a Libertarian, I'm with you on just about all of those points.

Except the gun, no need for a limit. Drugs/Prostitution won't bring in as many tax dollars as you think. I did a persuasive speech in college about 10 years ago, and the estimate at the time was legalizing pot would net about $15 billion a year in taxes.

Of course, not wasting time on the "War Against Drugs" would allow the police to do real police work......you know chasing murderers, rapists, etc.

As far as taxes, www.fairtax.org. Although I do agree with your 0% corporate income tax.........not sure why people don't get it's actually just another tax on the consumer.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Old enough to vote, yes. I'll be one year shy of the minimum age requirement (35) come November, but I'm sure my birth certificate could easily be altered by one year. None of you leak that I told you this either.
                "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

I agree with all points on principle except not 100% on 6 and 7.
                  I agree so strongly on 1, 2 and 3 that the rest wouldn't be that big of a factor in my decision. 1, 2 and 3 (and 8) are matters of freedom and freedom always takes priority IMO. The positive affects outweigh any possible negative affects.
                  Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

^Please explain how limiting law-abiding citizens to only own two guns, is necessary, protects freedom, etc.

*this coming from someone who has never owned a gun.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      ^Please explain how limiting law-abiding citizens to only own two guns, is necessary, protects freedom, etc.

*this coming from someone who has never owned a gun.
                      I said it was related to freedoms, not necessarily for or against it. It's bad that it limits you to only 2 guns, but good in that it allows you to own any type of gun you want.
                      But as I said, it's not as important as the other issues. Its not as big of an issue to me as 1, 2, and 3.
                      Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Morrison answer me this.

for #8 what are classifying as 2??

We will use rifles as an example.

Are we talking about 2 rifles in general. or 2 of any given caliber, 2 or each type, You know Bolt action, semi auto Tactical or sporting, single shot, pump action, Select fire, belt fed, ?? Or 2 of each combination? Or just 2 period?? Your justification for just 2 of each type is short sited and shows your misconceptions about gun owners.

You see depending on what I may be doing hunting for instance, depending on terrain, species of interest, time of year, style of hunting, how long I plan to be afield, will all dictate what rifle/caliber/style I take into the field to make a clean and humane sportsman like kill. If I am going to a shooting competition there are many variables as well, will also dictate what I need to take to be competitive.

And who are you to tell me as a law abiding citizen how many or anything I am allowed to have ???

edit: 1 2 3 I can sorta get behind to a point. The rest makes me sick
                        Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-15-2012, 09:20 AM.

William Pitt-

Comment

As a liberal I think I somewhat disagree with every one of your points except maybe the universal health care and prostitution. I also don't understand #7 regarding taxes. You would tax the square of my income? That would be impossible. Since we're doing this here are my suggestions:

1. Eliminate the Electoral College so that a person in any state's vote matters.

2. Require that ALL campaign contributions must be anonymous. This will stop the "buying" of politics.

3. Reform the tax code to eliminate all loop holes and deductions. Add a consumption tax based on the carbon footprint Life Cycle Assessment analysis grading system. This would encourage companies to think more sustainably and would favor more USA made products vs. China made products. Eliminate the income tax for incomes less that $150,000 per year. Have a graduated scale for the richers.

4. Legalize all drugs and use the same money we spend on The War on Drugs to set up clinics where the government can distribute the hard, addictive drugs freely under the supervision of counclors. This would immediately eliminate all drug related crime and kill the drug trafficking business.

5. Eliminate the corporate tax but increase financial regulation so that banks cannot also be investment banks. In other words there will not be a Bank of America and Banc of America.

6. Foreign policy: Mainly defense only except in situations where genocide is taking place.

7. Gun control: Amend the second amendment to allow states to decide carrying laws. All guns not used for self defense or hunting should be illegal. Anything other than pistols and rifles are not necessary.

8. Marriage: Let states decide the definition but the federal government recognize no marriages, only civil unions. And no discrimination allowed by the states for any benefits of different civil unions.

9. Maximum 4 term limit for senator and 8 term limit for congressman.
                          10. All congressman should be subjected to the same healthcare system as Americans.

11. A war and military tax should be required (and shown separately) to pay the defense budget and war expenditures. I think this would prevent unnecessary wars.

That's it for now. Did I get your vote?
                          sigpic

Comment

all these ideas are pie in the sky foolishness.

presidents of the USA cannot rule by diktat- the system of checks and balances must be adhered to. BHO got his healthcare plan approved by a cynical twisting of this process and it will come back to bite him if only the republicans wise up.

reduce military spending to 25% of current and the chinese will occupy the phillipines within months, while the NKPA rolls to pusan.

dwight eisenhower famously warned of a military/industrial complex- richard nixon gave us another, similar threat to freedom- the drug war. now, 40 years later there has arisen the jurisprudence version of a controlling bureaucracy. so much money flows from the drug war that the beneficiaries of fighting it will never let go.

last but not least the personal freedoms enumerated in the bill of rights are not needs based. the founders believed these freedoms originate from God, and are therefore immutable by man. if rights are not given by a superior being, then they are not 'rights', merely conventions that depend on the whim of the masses. this is why athieism is so pernicious and dangerous.

hth
                            robert w.

Comment

We are closer than I would have thought.

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                              As a liberal I think I somewhat disagree with every one of your points except maybe the universal health care and prostitution. I also don't understand #7 regarding taxes. You would tax the square of my income? That would be impossible. Since we're doing this here are my suggestions:

1. Eliminate the Electoral College so that a person in any state's vote matters.

The Supreme Court has already decided that you have no constitutional right to vote for president.

2. Require that ALL campaign contributions must be anonymous. This will stop the "buying" of politics.

Not a bad idea, or a small public fund with NO private contributions. I'd also like to see the amount of time one can campaign for office to be reduced. 2 fucking years running for a 4 year job is outrageous.

3. Reform the tax code to eliminate all loop holes and deductions. Add a consumption tax based on the carbon footprint Life Cycle Assessment analysis grading system. This would encourage companies to think more sustainably and would favor more USA made products vs. China made products. Eliminate the income tax for incomes less that $150,000 per year. Have a graduated scale for the richers.

I still vote FairTax on this one.

4. Legalize all drugs and use the same money we spend on The War on Drugs to set up clinics where the government can distribute the hard, addictive drugs freely under the supervision of counclors. This would immediately eliminate all drug related crime and kill the drug trafficking business.

Yep, look to Portugal. Treatment is an order of magnitude better than jail.

5. Eliminate the corporate tax but increase financial regulation so that banks cannot also be investment banks. In other words there will not be a Bank of America and Banc of America.

I agree with that one as well, as long as the regulations are "reasonable" and not draconian.

6. Foreign policy: Mainly defense only except in situations where genocide is taking place.

How many places in the World right now are still involved in some type of civil conflict? Is there a number limit before it becomes Genocide.

Defense only. But the force should remain strong enough to crush any country that would try to attack us.

7. Gun control: Amend the second amendment to allow states to decide carrying laws. All guns not used for self defense or hunting should be illegal. Anything other than pistols and rifles are not necessary.

States already do decide carrying laws, even cities. Like no handguns in D.C. or Chicago, California with clip size reduced, etc etc.

Pistols/rifles only isn't a particularly clear definition. That would allow "assualt rifles" the media likes to hype up.

8. Marriage: Let states decide the definition but the federal government recognize no marriages, only civil unions. And no discrimination allowed by the states for any benefits of different civil unions.

Agreed. 100%.

9. Maximum 4 term limit for senator and 8 term limit for congressman.
                              10. All congressman should be subjected to the same healthcare system as Americans.

I'm conflicted on term limits. We *should* already have that, by way of people voting. Unfortunately, everyone is concerned with what Pork Senator Douchenozzle has brought back to the district vs actually helping anything.

Also, lets drastically reduce their pay and ELIMINATE lobbying. Period. Done.

Agreed. Put us all on the same system if it's so great.

11. A war and military tax should be required (and shown separately) to pay the defense budget and war expenditures. I think this would prevent unnecessary wars.

Goes back to your previous one, how do determine what is "necessary" with a "defense-only" force.

That's it for now. Did I get your vote?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X