No announcement yet.

When CCW saves peoples lives thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so your idea of reasonable gun legislation is being 21 or over and taking a class?

why is it ok to diminish the constitutional rights of people 18-20?
    is it ok to implement classes for other constitutional rights? voting? speech? religion? where do you suggest we draw the line?
    Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
      so you're ok with gun legislation to make sure that only responsible people can carry?
      It already exists, it doesn't work. California is full of anti-gun legislation, including their almost impossible CCW permitting process. Take a walk through certain areas of Los Angeles and I'm sure you'll be presented at least one gun in demand for your wallet. Society has proven time and time again that passing laws making things illegal does very little to stop things. People still do drugs, people still drive drunk, people still drive without licenses, and people who are not legally allowed to own firearms still own firearms.

Legislation barring the ownership and carrying of weapons only affects honest people.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
      Originally posted by slammin.e28
      Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

you should be quoting DER E30, not me

he's the one arguing for reasonable gun legislation to make sure only responsible adults can carry concealed weapons

and just for the record, you should probably keep your misinformed opinions about LA to yourself. I don't post bullshit about phoenix, az so kindly stop doing so about my city and state

Comment

The quote button next to your post was closest to my mouse pointer. I'm lazy ;)

Moral of this story?

Comment

Has anyone on R3V ever had to use their CCW in self defense? Would be interesting to hear about that. I know a lot f people who have a CCW but Iv never met anyone who has had to use their weapon (maybe not shoot it but pull it).
            Personally if I had a CCW permit I do t think if end up usin it unless I planned to go certain places. Maybe just keep the pistol in my truck/car in a lock box.
            sigpic
            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I got close once. Back when I was doing security (unarmed, but my XDm stayed in the glove box) I left my property to go to the gas station across the street and get a drink. As I was pulling into the parking lot some idiot in an older Monte Carlo is tearing ass across the lot with his headlights off. Idiot almost clips me, and then pulls over and starts yelling at me that I almost hit him. I brush him off until he gets out of his car. He's yelling about how I almost hit him, and I calmly told him that if he turned his lights on I probably would have seen him. He starts walking toward my car with his hand under his shirt. At this point I'm shitting my pants and begin reaching for the glove box. He stopped dead in his tracks, turned around, and got back in to his car. Now I'm jacked up on adrenaline for no reason, and I'm pretty sure he was just trying to be intimidating and act like he had a gun.

That said, the situation could have easily gone sideways had he actually had a gun. I'm glad I had mine.

Moral of this story?

Comment

so your idea of reasonable gun legislation is being 21 or over and taking a class?

Who the hell said I was arguing that!?!?!??!!!! That was an example, with a "would that make you happy?" question.

why is it ok to diminish the constitutional rights of people 18-20?
                is it ok to implement classes for other constitutional rights? voting? speech? religion? where do you suggest we draw the line?
                It isn't ok to diminish ANY constitutional rights! I'm arguing that I have a constitutional right to carry my gun.
                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                '37 Chevy pickup, the ĂĽber project
                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                  It isn't ok to diminish ANY constitutional rights! I'm arguing that I have a constitutional right to carry my gun.
                  well which is it? I'm asking you to clarify your own statements. are you even capable of clarifying what you wrote? are you just talking out your ass?

first you said that you didn't see the problem with responsible adults carrying firearms.
                  I asked you what constituted responsible adults.

You said that you assumed any adult is responsible enough to carry a loaded, concealed firearm in public.
                  I asked you if that meant that the only requirement is being 18 or older

You replied that in your state it's 21 or over
                  (and then you made a comment that everyone should have to take a class but now you say you were just talking out your ass with that comment)

so now we're back to square one:
                  is the only thing that should be necessary for someone to legally carry a concealed, loaded firearm in public is simply being 21 years old?

and if so, what gives you the right to say that 18, 19, and 20 year olds can't carry?
                  they're adults, too, right?

so which is it? you only have to be 21 to carry or you only have to be 18 to carry?
                  what's your idea of making sure that responsible adults carry firearms (remember, that was your statement, not mine)

are you going to back off that statement or are you going to tell us just what makes someone a responsible adult in your opinion? so far all you've said is that you need to be 21.

I can't really answer your question as to why it's a big deal whether responsible adults carry firearms in public if you can't even tell me how you define responsible adults, can I?

Comment

You said that you assumed any adult is responsible enough to carry a loaded, concealed firearm in public.
                    I asked you if that meant that the only requirement is being 18 or older
                    Sure.

Anything I say you're going to have a problem with, and you're gonna have the last word. I'm done arguing.

Can the thread get back on topic?

I am curious, in the "spike in gun deaths after BG checks" thread you said, "if you were one of my students and you read one of my books or journal articles"
                    Are you a teacher or scholar of some sort? Can you point me in the direction of your book?
                    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                    '37 Chevy pickup, the ĂĽber project
                    Originally posted by roguetoaster
                    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

you really don't have anything to apologize for. he is acting the same way in the other threads that's he's whining about in here. and he did it after his panties got all wadded up in this thread.

I mean, for personal reasons if you don't like behaving like that by all means, but judging by the way he treats others there isn't any reason to treat him with a modicum of respect beyond what he gives others, which isn't much from his posts so far.
                      So I made a valid point about your expectation of living in a gun free United States and you come back with a condescending post about how you're educated and are making a difference unlike "people like me". Yeah, I'm the dick. For the record, I was referring to your ego, nothing more.

*edit: I'm also curious what other posts I've made that have been disrespectful to members on here. Other than calling einhandler the troll he is (most of the time). I'm generally a respectful person, if we don't agree on something that's fine. When the discussion gets heated to the point of personal attacks I take offense. I didn't call you a limp dick idiot liberal just because you're afraid of guns, I wouldn't do that. I said you don't have the "rights" you think you do. But I guess since "right here = Kalifornia" then maybe you do.
                      Last edited by ParsedOut; 05-19-2014, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                        So I made a valid point about your expectation of living in a gun free United States and you come back with a condescending post about how you're educated and are making a difference unlike "people like me". Yeah, I'm the dick. For the record, I was referring to your ego, nothing more.

*edit: I'm also curious what other posts I've made that have been disrespectful to members on here. Other than calling einhandler the troll he is (most of the time). I'm generally a respectful person, if we don't agree on something that's fine. When the discussion gets heated to the point of personal attacks I take offense. I didn't call you a limp dick idiot liberal just because you're afraid of guns, I wouldn't do that. I said you don't have the "rights" you think you do. But I guess since "right here = Kalifornia" then maybe you do.
                        Parsies, stop whining. I admitted fault and apologized to you publicly and privately in a PM. We (this sub-forum) sling abuse at each other all the time and nearly everyone on here accepts it's part of the forum and has thick skin about it. What I said was uncalled for, you were right. I offered you two genuine apologies as a result.

Now stop pouting. Jesus.
                        2011 1M Alpine white/black
                        1996 Civic white/black
                        1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
                          Parsies, stop whining. I admitted fault and apologized to you publicly and privately in a PM. We (this sub-forum) sling abuse at each other all the time and nearly everyone on here accepts it's part of the forum and has thick skin about it. What I said was uncalled for, you were right. I offered you two genuine apologies as a result.

Now stop pouting. Jesus.
                          I wasn't talking to you, thank you come again.

Comment

Cool beans.

I was talking to you.
                            2011 1M Alpine white/black
                            1996 Civic white/black
                            1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                              Has anyone on R3V ever had to use their CCW in self defense? Would be interesting to hear about that. I know a lot f people who have a CCW but Iv never met anyone who has had to use their weapon (maybe not shoot it but pull it).
                              Personally if I had a CCW permit I do t think if end up usin it unless I planned to go certain places. Maybe just keep the pistol in my truck/car in a lock box.
                              We all hope to NEVER be placed in that type of situation. I know Affe has needed it as a display of force until the local PD arrived but not had to fire, and I have had to posture with my hand on my weapon under my sweat shirt 1 time before as well.
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                                Sure.

Anything I say you're going to have a problem with, and you're gonna have the last word. I'm done arguing.

Can the thread get back on topic?

I am curious, in the "spike in gun deaths after BG checks" thread you said, "if you were one of my students and you read one of my books or journal articles"
                                Are you a teacher or scholar of some sort? Can you point me in the direction of your book?
                                lulz
                                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                                X