Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun dealers threatened with arson and death for... selling guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I have said this about a 100 times, Those arm are a far more effective deterrent sitting peaceful in our safes and closets than if we were to pick them and attempt to use them as the aggressor.

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. - Thomas Jefferson

I dont live in NJ (nor would I) I dont comply with their laws because they dont have any jurisdiction over me. I comply with their laws when I have been in that state because I dont need a felony weapons conviction on my record because of stupid laws. After all ignorance of the law is not a defense for breaking it................................

Its a stupid law and a political regulatory stunt no more no less..
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 06-05-2014, 09:39 PM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

but isn't the NJ law an example of them trying to take them?

at least, it's hard to understand how you don't find it hypocritical that people think it's ok to go after soft targets selling smart arms rather than the government that's infringing on the right to own and carry
      Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

hey I agree with that assessment. Firearms laws are subject to state regulation. Out right bans have been found unconstitutional. The problem lies with in the populations of the states with the over the top regulation. They are the ones whom elect representation that brings these laws upon them selves. Then there has to be court cases that go all the way to the SCOTUS to get them nulled and off the books.

Regulation has been upheld by the courts for a long time, and there for we have states and even locals that are coming up with the most harsh "regulations" they can. So they can get as close to banning as then can with out "banning"
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
          refusing to abide by the law
          That just happened in CT.

Originally posted by smooth View Post
          and using your guns to stand up against anyone trying to enforce the law rather than threatening private parties for selling/buying guns of their choice?
          That hasn't happened yet. The CT gov't would be really really stupid to try it, because they KNOW there would be blood shed.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post

Has california passed a similar law?
            Yes. A law passed in 2007 and signed by the Governator mandates "Micro-Stamping". the professed intent is to make crime forensics easier by requiring handguns to imprint on every fired cartridge case the serial number of the gun. it is similar in that it mandates unproven/unworkable technology for handguns.

it's real purpose is also similar- to make handgun acquistion difficult. or, because California already has a Roster of Approved Handguns for sale, to create a de facto ban. our future governor, Attorney General Kamala Harris, has unilaterally decided that microstamping technology is both free of patent infrigements and usable. both these requirements were written into the law and until last summer the issue was dead because the technology does not exist. Now, because of that witch, rostered handguns lose their place when renewal time comes up for lack of micro-stamping. we just reached a milestone of sorts- less than 1000 handguns on the roster still. at the start of the year there were something like 1600 on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              ^

I thought I said that ;)
              Sorry, Sleeve. I thought I checked for dupe, but obviously not carefully enough.

I hope our thinking alike doesn't tarnish your reputation.

Comment

^

I didnt use the links, I just used an old post that says basically the same thing with out the official diatribe and the Constabulary angle.

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                X