X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its just a mess. They are ruining there own blocks

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
      Heard on the radio this morning that 17 cops have been injured, some even had to be hospitalized. So much for the peaceful protests, at least it'll wind down soon enough...

Oh but wait no, Al Sharpton is coming to town to rile everyone back up! Operation turn-Baltimore-City-into-a-bigger-shithole-than-it-already-is is a go!
      I think you greatly overstate his importance and influence

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
        I think you greatly overstate his importance and influence
        Slightly.....yes. But he still has influence, He'll give them all a reason to justify their actions and continue to "protest"....

He's not going to help diminish the issue in anyway...when has he ever done that?
        sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

I cant stand Al Sharpton he is not going to do anything to help this situation.
          Originally posted by blunttech
          Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
          :shock:

Comment

Sharpton is an idiot. Anyone who follows his beliefs is probably a bigger one
            '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
            '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
            '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
            '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
              Slightly.....yes. But he still has influence, He'll give them all a reason to justify their actions and continue to "protest"....

He's not going to help diminish the issue in anyway...when has he ever done that?
              As far as I can tell, he generates a far stronger response with posters on an internet car forums than he does in real life.

Do you think that he's going to make these looters (which have nothing to do with legitimate protestors) go out for a second night, despite the fact the national guard has been called up and a curfew instituted?

I think he'll talk to the protestors and nothing will happen, because nobody cares about legitimate, peaceful protests in this country, even though people go out of their way to give it a lot of lip service.

Comment

As much as I don't condone rioting and looting, I can't help but wonder if this will actually work to bring change. I assume there will be crackdowns by law enforcement in the short term. However, in light of the extent of the "movement" and how radical it is, maybe it will prompt change. I mean, there have been serious demonstrations in New York and riots in both Ferguson and Baltimore, plus all the small demonstrations happening around the country. Maybe this is the face of social change for this generation.

That being said, I'm starting to get really sick of people trying to draw parallels between shit today and MLK.
                sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

As far as I can tell, he generates a far stronger response with posters on an internet car forums than he does in real life.

Do you think that he's going to make these looters (which have nothing to do with legitimate protestors) go out for a second night, despite the fact the national guard has been called up and a curfew instituted?

I think he'll talk to the protestors and nothing will happen, because nobody cares about legitimate, peaceful protests in this country, even though people go out of their way to give it a lot of lip service.
                  As far as I can tell, anytime Al Sharpton has even gotten involved in racially charged issues he never improves the situation only instigates.

I don't think I said....much less implied he was going to make the looters go out a second night, just that his influence whatever that might be will not help the situation in Baltimore.
                  sigpic

Comment

When he organizes more protests about a dude dying from resisting arrest and essentially kites police / national guard attention hoodlums will begin their rioting/looting where law enforcement presence is minimal

The only thing accomplished by any of the "reverends" showing up here is more rioting, more looting and more trouble

Comment

Mother fuckers, game tomorrow but not one will be attending.

Comment

On the bright side tickets for good seats seem to be on the cheaper side now ;)

Comment

On the bright side tickets for good seats seem to be on the cheaper side now ;)
                          He can sit wherever the hell he wants and no one would care.....just don't tell the protesters.....
                          sigpic

Comment

When he organizes more protests about a dude dying from resisting arrest and essentially kites police / national guard attention hoodlums will begin their rioting/looting where law enforcement presence is minimal

The only thing accomplished by any of the "reverends" showing up here is more rioting, more looting and more trouble
                            My favorite part of this completely insane post is where you basically paint him as some sort of really successful supervillain, while you blatantly mischaracterize the basic expectation that people shouldn't be dying in police custody and denied prompt medical help when required.

Comment

On Monday, the media was quick to paint a single picture of Baltimore: a chaos scene of violence and mayhem filled with images of looting, rioting, the burning of a CVS and the torching of a police car.  But on the ground, a very different story…

Agree with you all here that violent rioting =/= protesting. Then again, I'm of opinion that the anarchists were paid to fuck up the peaceful WTO protests in Seattle. So are any government agencies going to get any clue or hint for the reasons for these riots? Oh yeah, nope.

Comment

My favorite part of this completely insane post is where you basically paint him as some sort of really successful supervillain, while you blatantly mischaracterize the basic expectation that people shouldn't be dying in police custody and denied prompt medical help when required.

Bro, do you live in lala land or something? My favorite part of your completely insane post is where you paint Al Sharpton as someone who's never caused turmoil, ever.

Also, no, people shouldn't be getting killed by cops... but what should you expect when you're heavily resisting arrest? What happens when you can't sedate someone with a tazer or pepperspray? Guess what, it's beating the living shit out of someone. Sometimes people are super fragile and die... but guess what, the guy brought his death on himself.

What would you have the police do? Just let people go when they show resistance? Or show weakness so we can instead hear about murdered cops every couple of months? Sometimes I think guys like you need to go on a police ride along to see exactly what they deal with on a day to day basis - maybe then you won't see things through such rose-tinted glasses

Comment

Working...
                                X