Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post

Post a link then. I looked all over the Portland police website. There were statements about some of the activities they were involved with, but there's no curfew.
    There was one from 30 May to 2 June. There may be one in place for minors at present https://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/article/477640 but I cannot find any further information on a current curfew for adults in Portland.

As far as what Burgs wrote above, it is probable that people are being dispersed and possibly arrested beyond the bounds or within a grey area of the law. For instance, if protesters, who are legally allowed to be present, even those with permission for an organized event, are ordered to disperse and then do not, they can be arrested, even if the protest was completely peaceful. Clearly, in this example both sides are within their rights, but it would seem clear to me that the group with less authority is being unnecessarily prevented from doing something they are allowed to do. Basically, demonstrators are always at a legal disadvantage, and when it comes down to the interpretation of the law during a chaotic event the lesser power or individual is going to lose out 99% of the time, which is not how I suspect we want it to be in this country.

As far as Federal units or any description, they simply shouldn't be there unless requested by local governments as forces operating without knowledge of the local scenario, and beyond the influence of local government are much more likely to cause more issues than they are to contribute anything positive to resolving the situation. Clearly, they can be dispatched, but it requires a legal process, and doing so independently is beyond the typical scope of government operations/courtesy.

Comment

yeah, I saw the curfew for minors. I'll bet that one is always active. But there hasn't been a general curfew recently.

There's only one reason for Trump's goon squad to be there - intimidation. Trust me, the CBP/DHS are really good at it.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

... As far as what Burgs wrote above, it is probable that people are being dispersed and possibly arrested beyond the bounds or within a grey area of the law. For instance, if protesters, who are legally allowed to be present, even those with permission for an organized event, are ordered to disperse and then do not, they can be arrested, even if the protest was completely peaceful. Clearly, in this example both sides are within their rights, but it would seem clear to me that the group with less authority is being unnecessarily prevented from doing something they are allowed to do. Basically, demonstrators are always at a legal disadvantage, and when it comes down to the interpretation of the law during a chaotic event the lesser power or individual is going to lose out 99% of the time, which is not how I suspect we want it to be in this country.

As far as Federal units or any description, they simply shouldn't be there unless requested by local governments as forces operating without knowledge of the local scenario, and beyond the influence of local government are much more likely to cause more issues than they are to contribute anything positive to resolving the situation. Clearly, they can be dispatched, but it requires a legal process, and doing so independently is beyond the typical scope of government operations/courtesy.
        There's only one reason for Trump's goon squad to be there - intimidation. Trust me, the CBP/DHS are really good at it.
        The reason is politics. This in Portland as well as sending agents into other cities across the country against every locality's wishes is a very dangerous political charade Trump and his puppet justice department are attempting as a method to help win election and keep themselves in power. This, as well as other wrongheaded policies, are only happening *rightnow* because he is seeing weakening support in his polling among Suburbanites he knows he needs to win. The frank fact is he doesn't give a damn about the people in these cities, this is a ploy to sell a solution to his fearmongering for the people that live around them.
        1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

also why the mayor was protesting he doesn't want to get voted out.
          everyone wants to keep their jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Yeah, you're some wannabe SJW "revolutionary" that incites the idea that he is some armed and ready militia guy that's ready to fight the neo revolution here in america, but the reality is you're a just a tool for the media. Have fun wearing black boots and sitting next to gun parts telling people you're a tough guy.

it's really funny.

You say you do this out of selflessness, but seeing your posts over the years, you an activist for whatever the TV tells you to care about, then when someone calls you out on something you start spouting off about how you were in the military and they're stupid or something equivalently thin and sometimes, if we're lucky you post a picture of yourself doing said work. You discredit people because they haven't served like it's impossible to form any real opinion on anything as a civilian. So cringey.

You def do this out of self interest. I know this because you probably wear all these things you've done on your jacket. Bet when you go to a bar you cant shut up about it. "when i stook down these same blah blah standing rock, blah blah protests in California, me me me me..

Sad (trump voice)
            that's exactly what i'd expect an alt-right keyboard warrior bitch who'd never put himself at risk in the streets to say
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

^^^ Just my own friendly advice not to sink to his level.

You see these people hiding behind their phone or their computer, who you never met before, attempt to tell you exactly who you are and what what you stand for. That's the truly "sad" thing.

We need more respect just about everywhere.

1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
                ^^^ Just my own friendly advice not to sink to his level.

You see these people hiding behind their phone or their computer, who you never met before, attempt to tell you exactly who you are and what what you stand for. That's the truly "sad" thing.

We need more respect just about everywhere.
                ah fuck that. i'm done with being civil with the trolls who don't even have a worthwhile build thread. if you think i've been getting in fights with cops and mercenaries to advertise myself as some kind of leftist white knight on an obscure forum for vintage bmws, you are straight-out a fucking idiot and i'll call you one.
                past:
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                  What's really funny is the mayor of portand going out to "protest" or whatever he was trying to do and then the mob starts calling him a fascist hahahaha man, this is great..
                  what the actual fuck? you are spreading disinformation right now. that's not what happened.

the mayor of portland wants the feds gone, stood with the protesters, and got tear-gassed along with them. it is all over the news.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/portlan...ederal-agents/

i swear to christ i wish your dad had made you a cum-stained sock instead of a human.
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

what the actual fuck? you are spreading disinformation right now. that's not what happened.

the mayor of portland wants the feds gone, stood with the protesters, and got tear-gassed along with them. it is all over the news.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/portlan...ederal-agents/

i swear to christ i wish your dad had made you a cum-stained sock instead of a human.
                    I literally think you are the dumbest person alive. https://katu.com/news/local/us-attor...eting-with-dhs

Keep at the windmill, useful idiot.
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Those guys are just assholes. Yeah, they deserve to go to jail. Just like all the guys Trump has pardoned who were convicted of federal crimes.
                      Classic TDS. If everything you think of ends in, "Yeah but Trump," you have serious mental deficiencies. I would suggest some kind of therapy bro.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I didn't say "yeah but...." You made that up in your own head. The fact is, Trump IS the swamp. It's swampier now than it was when he started, probably the most corrupt administration since Nixon. And yes, people who are lighting fires and breaking windows deserve to go to jail too. Why is that so hard to understand?
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Guys guys guys. You guys gotta look for the good in all this. I mean, you guys figured out how to stop mass shootings. Apparently all you gotta do is tell republicans to stay home.

Comment

^ lol
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I didn't say "yeah but...." You made that up in your own head. The fact is, Trump IS the swamp. It's swampier now than it was when he started, probably the most corrupt administration since Nixon. And yes, people who are lighting fires and breaking windows deserve to go to jail too. Why is that so hard to understand?
                              Because you did EFFECTIVELY say "Yeah but." It is classic whataboutism. I didn't make shit up. You actually wrote it.

Trump is NOT the swap. And it is not swampier than when he started and it is NOT the most corrupt administration since Nixon.

The whole problem is that you see things that just aren't so.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

No I didn't. I said they should go to jail. Just like the criminals that Trump pardoned should go to jail. How is that "but Trump"? I could have said they should get pardoned or something, because Trump pardons all his crooked buddies who have been convicted of federal crimes. Then you would have a point. But again, that's not what I said.

It's not corrupt because you say it isn't? Trump is the biggest fucking liar on the planet. But your face is buried too far up his ass to see it. The blatant self dealing, the numerous cronies near Trump who have been tried and convicted of federal crimes (and then pardoned), blocking or firing anyone that is even slightly critical of his thin skinned, narcissist ego. There have been so many blatant lies posted on his Twitter account it's not even worth mentioning any one of them. You swallow all of that shit and ask for seconds, because you love it.

Don't try to tell me you're for transparency or honesty because that would be utterly hilarious.
                                Last edited by nando; 07-28-2020, 04:49 PM.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X