Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillipj View Post

Voting Absentee means you first request a Vote by Mail ballot and sometimes give a reason. Vote by Mail means if you are an actively registered voter the State will send you a ballot to your registered address.

So, you are worried they may send a ballot to a registered voter who has, let's say, recently died and someone in that house where they sent it to fills it out differently and also forges their signature and perhaps proof of identification?
    No, you have to give a reason and you have to provide proof of who you are in order to be able to get an Absentee ballot. Its not a suggestion, its a requirement.

Vote by Mail just sends legitimate ballots throughout the the state to registered voters (of which half do not show up to polls, right?) and if they are not completed, someone can complete it for them. That happens all the time. I am not worried about something that doesn't happen. I know it happens. Ballot harvesting which is tied into Vote by Mail is also another influx of fraud opportunity.

It is seriously scary, stupid and insane to have ballots floating around that can be completed by anyone. As it stands today, you have to be registered to vote and you have to go to a polling place and put forth the effort to do it. I cannot see how you guy's don't see how dangerous it is for legitimate ballots to be floating around the mail and being picked up by 3rd parties and delivered to the polls.

If you can go to the grocery store and wear a mask, social distance, etc, you can get your fucking lazy ass out to the polls. You are not going to die from Covid by going to the polls.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

where the fuck do i start with that question? you're asking me to write a goddamned essay here and i'm sorry, but i'm (haha supposed to be) working right now.

read up on this guy. this is what actual anarchists think. this is leftist ideology. you may not like it any more than you like the democrats, but it is not the same, at all.

and as far as the training... a reservist army guy whose MOS was construction took out a bunch of pigs in dallas. 5 kills, 9 casualties. he might have gotten away if he'd learned anything about insurgency tactics. imagine what happens when infantry gets involved in this war you're wishing for.
      Ok, so you aren't a leftist then either. Nothing in that article said Mikhail Bakunin was a leftist. You are an anarchist because you are a large child. That's fine. You don't have a clue what anarchy looks like then. Not a fucking clue.

The only thing that puts anarchism on the political spectrum is FUCKING NOTHING. You don't believe in government. Leftists believe in the ultimate power of the government to be used to guarantee equal outcomes (shared misery).

Are you claiming that there are large swaths of active and inactive military members that will go on the hunt of conservatives, police, etc because they are anarchists like you? Should I worry then that I live next to Camp Pendleton and they are just waiting for the time to kill republicans in using insurgency tactics?

No, you guys are going to get smoked if that day comes. Its gross you celebrate the murder of police like that.

Cale, phillip, nando? You support this kind of shit? Or can you denounce the murder of police? Do you believe in fair trials? Do you believe that individuals have rights at all?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post

Ok, so you aren't a leftist then either. Nothing in that article said Mikhail Bakunin was a leftist. You are an anarchist because you are a large child. That's fine. You don't have a clue what anarchy looks like then. Not a fucking clue.
        if you don't understand how anarchism is a leftist ideology i can't fucking help you.

The only thing that puts anarchism on the political spectrum is FUCKING NOTHING. You don't believe in government. Leftists believe in the ultimate power of the government to be used to guarantee equal outcomes (shared misery).
        you are disagreeing with communism, not leftism. anarchists don't like communism either, it's just a different control system.

No, you guys are going to get smoked if that day comes.
        pfft. they haven't even been able to arrest me yet.

explain to me why i shouldn't grin when cops get killed. they kill people of every color in our country, every day. i've been dragged out of my own house at gunpoint by 6 officers in an "oops wrong house" raid. ice cube said it- fuck the police.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Cale, phillip, nando? You support this kind of shit? Or can you denounce the murder of police? Do you believe in fair trials? Do you believe that individuals have rights at all?
          I don't see what Trump, or you, or I have anything to do with what decay posts. But, nice deflection.

And of course I don't advocate for the murder of police, what an utterly ridiculous accusation. I do not know decay or have any responsibility to defend myself for what he posts. Also, if you want to go there - it was YOU who advocated violence if you don't get your way ("civil war", "you'll get what's coming to you").

Since hyperbole is your favorite thing ever, do you advocate for people that are not white Christians to "go back where they came from"? Because Dear Leader said those exact words. And since you parrot everything he says, you must believe that too?

It's hilarious to hear you rant about "believing in rights". The only rights you give a damn about are using the 1st amendment to protect your hate speech and the 2nd amendment to intimidate people you don't like.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

i don't expect anyone to take my side. i know my opinions are not in the majority.

but look at history.

non-violence doesn't change anything and gets its leadership killed. on the other hand, bastille day turned things around pretty quickly in france. it's not that hard to see what does and doesn't work, if the goal is to change a fucked-up regime.
            past:
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:

Comment

if you don't understand how anarchism is a leftist ideology i can't fucking help you.
              The left and right work within a political spectrum and the core tenants are the state, the people and what to do between them. Anarchists do not believe in the state, your guy said as much. They don't want to use the state to get their way, they just want the state gone. I have not missed that point at all. I think you need to think about what you are advocating a bit more critically. Because you are doing the conflating here, not me.

Good read. https://theanarchistlibrary.org/libr...ch-leftism-101

you are disagreeing with communism, not leftism. anarchists don't like communism either, it's just a different control system.
              No, I am disagreeing with leftism. Your definition of leftism is wrong because you think that anarchism is a leftist ideology when it simply cannot, by definition.

pfft. they haven't even been able to arrest me yet.

explain to me why i shouldn't grin when cops get killed. they kill people of every color in our country, every day. i've been dragged out of my own house at gunpoint by 6 officers in an "oops wrong house" raid. ice cube said it- fuck the police.
              Do something stupid enough, you'll get it.

Why shouldn't you grin when cops get killed? Because your reasoning is not rooted in reality. Cops are not murderers institutionally or otherwise. Believing that is just pure, willful ignorance.

I would be pissed if I got caught up in a "oops wrong house" raid too. But I would not be a fucking child about it and wish for the murders of cops as a result of me being in the wrong place at the wrong time. This type of thinking should be observed, noted and disregarded. You should be firmly placed on the fringe of society for ideas like that and thank God that's exactly where you are.

Psychopath.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

I don't see what Trump, or you, or I have anything to do with what decay posts. But, nice deflection.

And of course I don't advocate for the murder of police, what an utterly ridiculous accusation. I do not know decay or have any responsibility to defend myself for what he posts. Also, if you want to go there - it was YOU who advocated violence if you don't get your way ("civil war", "you'll get what's coming to you").

Since hyperbole is your favorite thing ever, do you advocate for people that are not white Christians to "go back where they came from"? Because Dear Leader said those exact words. And since you parrot everything he says, you must believe that too?

It's hilarious to hear you rant about "believing in rights". The only rights you give a damn about are using the 1st amendment to protect your hate speech and the 2nd amendment to intimidate people you don't like.
                Its not a deflection. I am seeing what someone calls themselves a leftist, you are a leftist and I am asking if you agree with it. If you don't, and you said you don't, then his definition of leftism is simply wrong. I merely asked you to come down on one side or the other of a line in the sand decay, an avowed "leftist" stated.

Defense of liberty, actual liberty, is no vice. I will use deadly force if they come to try and take my rights away, especially if they are in jackboots and believe they have a right to take my life/property away. The law of nature allows me to defend my property or life. Locke specifically stated that government was created to protect people's natural and God given (FSM, whatever) rights. Taking a defensive stand against anarcho-terrorists is not me advocating violence. Its using violence to prevent theft.

I advocate for the individual as I don't believe in group identities as a means for advocating for people. I am not a racist, sexist, or any other "ist." The individual is supreme. That is the correct level of analysis. I do advocate for people to fucking leave if they don't want to participate in our society as it exists. Slight changes to the game are fine, but wholesale throwing out the baby with the bathwater is unacceptable.

Your obsession with Trump is remarkable. Did GWB do this to you too? I am betting so. You are ideologically possessed. That's fine. I am aware of it and that's all that matters.

No, I believe in everyone's right to exist, do the best they can with what they have, use every advantage life affords them and the right for people to defend their property and livelihood.

What have I said that is hate speech? Who am I intimidating with the 2nd Amendment? decay doesn't seem intimidated. Are you?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

i don't expect anyone to take my side. i know my opinions are not in the majority.

but look at history.

non-violence doesn't change anything and gets its leadership killed. on the other hand, bastille day turned things around pretty quickly in france. it's not that hard to see what does and doesn't work, if the goal is to change a fucked-up regime.
                  Non-violence made the Civil Rights Act happen. Gays can legally marry now. Trannys can happily exist now (should their gender dysphoria allow them). Why are you saying it doesn't work?

Equating 21st century United States to 18th century France is silly. And citing the French Revolution as a success is like Pol Pot saying he successfully created their own "Cambodian master race" by wholesale slaughter of 2 million innocents. https://www.history.com/topics/cold-war/the-khmer-rouge

Yes, armed violence does work. The problem is that you and your friends are simply not justified to do so.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Cops are not murderers institutionally or otherwise. Believing that is just pure, willful ignorance.
                    oh? the black folks started a list.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/say-the...ved-incidents/

i wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time. i was in my own fucking house that i paid rent in. i had every right to be there, doing my community college math homework, and if you want to know why that might polarize a person, imagine having been doing the same kind of extract/detain operations in iraq half a year earlier and now you're the one with guns in your face.

you're calling for war, and you have no idea what war actually looks like.

if you think i'm a psychopath, maybe it's time to consider what military or police *does* to a person, because we're all trained killers, outside of the POGs.
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

I am not calling for Civil War. What I am saying is that the war has already been called and we are watching it unfold.
                      You really seemed to ask for and want a Civi War a few pages back.

it is as simple as this: A small portion of this nation has people who do not want to play the game that this country has been playing since it started (representative democracy in a capitalist economic system).
                      Is it really that simple? Have we really been 'playing the same game since this country started'?
                      • How did slavery fit into capitalism or a representative democracy?
                      • How did the fight for equality and rights of all kinds-- worker's rights, gender equality, racial equality, work into our history? Was it just given (?) or did the discriminated, the disenfranchised and the underprivileged have to fight for it? Was this country just perfectly equal from the beginning, were things always fair and square? Is there a completely level playing field now? [no]
                      • Do we currently live in a pure representative democracy or a pure capitalist economic system? [no we do not]

Everyone in this country is playing football (for example), yet some of these people don't want to play football. They want to play something else (whatever decay will enlighten us with, my guess its just typical leftist marxism). And they are pissed that no one else wants to play that game, so they burn down courthouses, tear down statues of people they don't know anything about, and tag/destroy property that isn't theirs. So what I am telling you is that the vast majority of this nation wants to go to work, come home, hang with their family and live their lives. They do not want a revolution and they do not want to change their way of life, no matter how much of a tantrum leftist anarchists want them to.
                      Perhaps you have everything you want. You like how things are. You have no need to protest or stand up for any more rights or justice than you have now. Perhaps you don't really care for anyone else that may be currently discriminated against(?) I don't personally feel that way. For example, I see access to healthcare as a right to all, just not a right to the richest. I also want to see common sense regulations on capitalism and in our politics and elections specifically to ensure fairness and so that success *can not be bought.* I also see frequent discrimination for people who aren't as privileged as myself.

Regarding the democrat party being a "big tent party," it was at one point. Its not anymore. ... They do not believe America is exceptional, they suppress free speech, and they certainly do not give a shit about the rule of law
                      • Who knew not one Democrat believes in free speech or law. Since when do you speak for the thousands of diverse people and mindsets and agendas within the Democratic Party?
                      • There seems to be more dissent and differing viewpoints within the Democratic party than the Republican Party these days.
                      • Also, the majority of us are disgusted with the 2 party system. Masses have left both parties and most people identify themselves as "Independent" (like myself).

Got it, Jordan Peterson isn't that smart in your mind and he is just selling snake oil and profiting off of everyone else's misery. That is the weirdest take anyone has ever had on him. Its clear you don't know the first thing about him or what he speaks about. Its fine that you feel that way, but its just an erroneous conclusion to jump to.
                      Well, I definitely did not say he is not smart. But I do think he says a lot without "saying" anything at all. The article I linked gave a good summary of *my opinion*. I assume you personally like him because he'll often equate the establishment of rights to those discriminated against as totalitarianism and an infringement of established groups' rights. Which is exactly what you are talking about above with 'playing the same game since this country started'. Jordan Peterson may compare Maoist China to, say, some people looking for Trans rights. He'll use a mountain of rhetoric to equate them with "slippery slope" logic. You do a similar thing when you paint the very complicated and difficult circumstances around the current racial injustice protests so simply into Marxism, anarchy, or some grey idea of "anti-Americanism". Or with "the entire Democratic Party being against the rule of law or free speech." It's ridiculous because it's very inaccurate.
                      Last edited by phillipj; 08-05-2020, 05:00 PM.
                      1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

The fact that you even have to question that tells me the strawman you've made to represent me and likely others, is about as far from reality as possible.

Comment

ROFL -

https://www.chicagotribune.com/colum...coa-story.html
                          Column: Trump’s right, schools must reopen. We just need kids to promise they won’t get the coronavirus.

By REX HUPPKE
                          CHICAGO TRIBUNE |
                          AUG 05, 2020 AT 5:00 AM
                          President Donald Trump arrives for a signing ceremony in the East Room of the White House on Aug. 4, 2020. (Drew Angerer/Getty)

As President Donald Trump has said, we must reopen America’s schools, and it can be done with 100% safety as long as children promise to patriotically not get the coronavirus.

I’ll explain how that’s done in a moment, but first, let’s look at the facts.

If we want our country to get back to normal and our children to learn the basic rules of capitalization and punctuation, we must, as President Trump tweeted this week, “OPEN THE SCHOOLS!!!” That’s as obvious as “2 + 2 = the Earth is flat.”

Is the coronavirus still spreading at a disturbingly high rate? Yes, if you believe in “numbers” and follow lame-o liberal logic that assumes it’s bad for something to be “disturbingly high.”

Did 260 children and staff members at a Georgia summer camp get diagnosed with COVID-19 last month? Yes, but that wholly overlooks the fact that there are literally millions of Americans who were not at that summer camp (or in Georgia) who remained coronavirus-free.

On the very first day of classes at a middle school in Indiana last week, did one of the students test positive for the virus? Yes. But concern over that issue totally ignores the fact that the student probably didn’t try hard enough to not get the virus in the first place.

President Trump framed this coronavirus reality smartly in an interview this week with Axios. He was asked about the fact that a thousand Americans a day are dying of COVID-19, and he said: “It is what it is.”

Precisely. It is what it is, and it wouldn’t be what it is if those thousand or so Americans a day would stop dying of COVID-19. How can you blame the president of the United States for people’s unwillingness to not die? If anything, it’s a bit selfish of the more than 150,000 people who refused to stay alive, because frankly, it’s making President Trump look terrible.

And that’s why the president is pushing so hard for schools to reopen. He cares deeply about ignoring the virus and expects all Americans, young and old, to come together, ignore science and other radical left-wing concepts like “common sense” and pretend life is back to normal. Should you get sick or die, that’s on you, and it is what it is.

To prepare your (expendable) children for in-person classes, you have to be sure they understand how patriotism can protect them from the coronavirus.

First off, they have to believe in President Donald Trump. More than they believe in Santa Claus. More than they believe that Hillary Clinton has killed many people and is secretly Barack Obama’s Muslim mother.

Next, they need to not catch the coronavirus. Catching the coronavirus is VERY unpatriotic and an insult to our great president. (If it leads to any deaths, it is what it is. What are you gonna do about it?)

One Sean Hannity-approved way for kids to fight off the coronavirus is to focus on the respiratory droplets that will undoubtedly fill the crowded hallways of every open school. Imagine that each potentially coronavirus-infected droplet is a radical leftist protester hellbent on destroying America with health care and racial equality.

Your job is to avoid those dangerous protesters, and to only exhale. Pretend you’re an unmarked federal agent and you’re exhaling billowing clouds of beautiful tear gas at all those ornery anarchists. It’s fun, and you only have to resist inhaling until the bus drops you home in the afternoon! (If you lack the lung capacity to hold your breath for eight hours, then you don’t love America and it is what it is.)

I know what you’re saying: “Sure, this all makes perfect sense and is guaranteed to protect school kids, but what about the teachers and other adults who work in schools?”

Hey, I hear you, intelligent person who has read this far and is intrigued by my line of thinking. The answer is simple: Teachers and other adults who work in schools need to also not get the coronavirus.

At the risk of being sued by Nike, “Just DON’T do it! (Or you will get a deadly respiratory disease and likely exacerbate the spread of that disease in your community, plunging America into an unending cycle of lockdowns and sickness.)”

If we all support our president, unite and agree to not get infected and die, we can bring America’s schools and America’s way of life roaring back by going about our days without breathing in.

It’s as easy as 1, 2, 5.

And if it’s not, it is what it is.

rhuppke@chicagotribune.com
                          FWIW, there will be no in person school here. It sucks, honestly, but I'd rather that than have my kids get sick and die.

I wonder, how many of you guys have school age kids?
                          Last edited by nando; 08-05-2020, 07:35 PM.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Its not a deflection. I am seeing what someone calls themselves a leftist, you are a leftist and I am asking if you agree with it. If you don't, and you said you don't, then his definition of leftism is simply wrong. I merely asked you to come down on one side or the other of a line in the sand decay, an avowed "leftist" stated.
                            Yes it was. I called you out on your bullshit and you ignored it, then accused me of wanting the police to be murdered, of being a "leftist" (whatever that means to you), etc. You make statements that can't be backed up by anything and then run away when called out on it. Your own Trump "election fraud team" spent like a year and millions of dollars on an "investigation" and came up with... nothing. Claims of widespread mail in voting fraud are 100% bullshit, and either you ignore it or are stupid enough to believe the lies you are being fed because they fit the narrative you already believe.

Defense of liberty, actual liberty, is no vice. I will use deadly force if they come to try and take my rights away, especially if they are in jackboots and believe they have a right to take my life/property away. The law of nature allows me to defend my property or life. Locke specifically stated that government was created to protect people's natural and God given (FSM, whatever) rights. Taking a defensive stand against anarcho-terrorists is not me advocating violence. Its using violence to prevent theft.

I advocate for the individual as I don't believe in group identities as a means for advocating for people. I am not a racist, sexist, or any other "ist." The individual is supreme. That is the correct level of analysis. I do advocate for people to fucking leave if they don't want to participate in our society as it exists. Slight changes to the game are fine, but wholesale throwing out the baby with the bathwater is unacceptable.
                            Great. I agree on some of your points. I also think that liberty means that people have the right not to be murdered on the street by the government. You know, "due process" for everyone, not just the privileged.

Your obsession with Trump is remarkable. Did GWB do this to you too? I am betting so. You are ideologically possessed. That's fine. I am aware of it and that's all that matters.
                            I'm not the one who would stand up for him no matter what, when it's extremely obvious he should have never been elected and his administration has been absolutely disastrous for the country. Literally, the worst Q2 GDP contraction in the history of the country, and it's not even close (-32% - like 4x the great depression, makes 2008 look like a party). 150,000 people dead and counting, the worst death rate in the world for Covid-19. The rest of the world and all of our allies now hate us (where before, we were the envy of almost everyone), while Trump sucks up to dictators and fascists. I can't even leave the country or see family across the border, which is like 5 miles away, because they don't want Americans there anymore (you should see the online comments from the Canadians). But you see that as a success? What exactly would you see as a failure then?

I don't blame Trump for the virus, but their response has been absolutely, horribly inept, and the proof is in the many other countries who have responded far better without trying to pretend everything is just fine. GWB failed at Hurricane Katrina, which only affected a small part of the country. This time, that ineptitude is affecting the entire nation. BTW, he was the least popular president in history when he left office in 2008, yet people still like him more than Trump. Think about that.

No, I believe in everyone's right to exist, do the best they can with what they have, use every advantage life affords them and the right for people to defend their property and livelihood.
                            You believe that until you don't. I think that the 150,000+ dead people had a right to exist and that the Trump administration's totally inept and incompetent non-response was directly responsible for a large portion of those deaths. You believe people have a right to exist until they're murdered, on camera, in broad daylight, by officers of the law. And you wonder why people are pissed, rioting and protesting? What did you expect to happen?

What have I said that is hate speech? Who am I intimidating with the 2nd Amendment? decay doesn't seem intimidated. Are you?
                            I don't believe you're anything other than a keyboard troll, honestly. No, I'm not intimidated by your veiled threats, but I'm aware when you brandish your firearm (and even the fact that you own one), that's exactly the point you're trying to make.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

AXIOS on HBO: President Trump Exclusive Interview (Full Episode) | HBO
                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The leader of our nation looks like a 12 year old boy who showed up to school unprepared for his history test. pathetic.

"stable genius" indeed.

All he cares about is "ratings".
                              Last edited by nando; 08-05-2020, 07:48 PM.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

anarchism is a leftist ideology. i realize it's not what everyone chooses, but as long as i live my life in a mutual-aid network independent of the government without harming anyone, what's the fucking problem? why are you so stuck on this stupid semantic bullshit?

i'm not intimidated because i've done a threat assessment on you and you're low-risk.
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X