Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post

Originally posted by phillipj, responding to Nando
    Which is what happens when people follow a Personality, but not actual principles.

There's more to it too... I think large swaths of this country are just desperate for some kind of, any kind of answer because times are that tough, confusing, or scary. Then there are also just so many people that have total numbness or cynicism and they just don't care at all. And that's not to mention how easy/available it is slip into a social/media rabbit hole which can prove or disprove anything if only you search hard enough.
    Wasn't it you that fellatiates the testicles of Bernie Sanders? Yeah, it is you! You literally think he is a saint while I have specifically said that Trump is NOT a saint. Who gobbles who's cock? I am not morally led by Trump or adore him, but he is a damned sight better than the corpse that is Joe Biden or any other garbage candidate the Democrats put up in the past 2 election cycles.

What are your principles exactly? Care to share? I know that several people have observed that you literally just became politically aware within the past year or so. You should clean your room before you attempt to fix the world.
    Why do you feel the need to keep telling a bunch of other people you don't know exactly what they believe? Also why do you frequently homogenize large groups of diverse people or movements as completely one thing or another, when it's always much more complicated than that?

Above you responded to a comment of mine speculating why people might follow personalities over principles; it goes for any case, beyond Trump. It was not responding to you. & It wasn't about you.

My personal principles are Honesty. Morality. Hard Work. Quality & Detail. And respect. It sure looks like you could learn some.

---

And, because I don't have 3,000 posts in the R3V political threads is probably a good thing. As stated before, occasionally I see something here that irks me and I feel the instinct to speak out, especially when no one else does. Recently it was someone denying institutional racism. A few months ago someone talked about "hanging a muslim congress lady from a tree." Lately you are welcoming a "civil war." These kind of things are Alarming. I often try and ask and understand the motivations behind them, but I do see it's all basically a huge waste of time.
    Last edited by phillipj; 08-06-2020, 06:53 AM.
    1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 6.29.14 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	89.4 KB ID:	9943258

Link: The Unique US Failure to Control the Coronavirus
      Nearly every country has struggled to contain the coronavirus. But only one affluent nation has suffered a severe, sustained outbreak for more than four months.
      Last edited by phillipj; 08-06-2020, 06:58 AM.
      1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post

The fact that you even have to question that tells me the strawman you've made to represent me and likely others, is about as far from reality as possible.
        decay, a self-professed leftist, wants to have cops murdered. I am asking other self-professed leftists if they agree with another self-professed leftist's desire to have cops murdered.

I don't know why its hard to say that murdering cops is outrageous.
        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I never professed to be anything. You're the one who assigned that label. I'm just here to watch Trump crash and burn.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post

decay, a self-professed leftist, wants to have cops murdered. I am asking other self-professed leftists if they agree with another self-professed leftist's desire to have cops murdered.

I don't know why its hard to say that murdering cops is outrageous.
            why's it hard to say that cops murdering people is outrageous?

you're the one calling for civil war. that's what that looks like.
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

Yes it was. I called you out on your bullshit and you ignored it, then accused me of wanting the police to be murdered, of being a "leftist" (whatever that means to you), etc. You make statements that can't be backed up by anything and then run away when called out on it. Your own Trump "election fraud team" spent like a year and millions of dollars on an "investigation" and came up with... nothing. Claims of widespread mail in voting fraud are 100% bullshit, and either you ignore it or are stupid enough to believe the lies you are being fed because they fit the narrative you already believe.
              You can't read. I asked if you supported what another leftist supports. Simple as that. That is not me accusing you of wanting cops being murdered. And you are a liberal, and I am asking you to police people on your side of the aisle. That is reasonable. You aren't responsible, but you certainly can denounce the murder of cops. There is literally nothing that needs to be backed up regarding my request of you.

Forcefirebird specifically told you that there is mail in voting fraud. This is not bullshit at all. Its common sense: loose ballots will be picked out of trash cans and other people will vote illegally using those ballots. Open your fucking eyes nando. https://electionlab.mit.edu/research...bsentee-voting

Great. I agree on some of your points. I also think that liberty means that people have the right not to be murdered on the street by the government. You know, "due process" for everyone, not just the privileged.
              I agree that people have a right to not be murdered on the street by the government. The whole rub is how prevalent it occurs. 2019 showed cops killed 999 people. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...hootings-2019/

Calling all of these murders is silly. There is a huge difference between murder and killing and everyone knows that. Rayshard Brooks was a justified police killing. And new video evidence of the George Floyd arrest shows very clearly that he was whacked out on drugs and being very erratic. Is it a justification for putting a knee on his neck? No idea. But I can say that cops increasingly have to deal with whacked out drug users and that puts both the cops and the person being interacted with (who is on drugs) at risk for escalation. There are more than 375 million police interactions a year and with 1000 people dying as a result of that, statistically, cops do not murder civilians. https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myt...sm-11591119883

I'm not the one who would stand up for him no matter what, when it's extremely obvious he should have never been elected and his administration has been absolutely disastrous for the country. Literally, the worst Q2 GDP contraction in the history of the country, and it's not even close (-32% - like 4x the great depression, makes 2008 look like a party). 150,000 people dead and counting, the worst death rate in the world for Covid-19. The rest of the world and all of our allies now hate us (where before, we were the envy of almost everyone), while Trump sucks up to dictators and fascists. I can't even leave the country or see family across the border, which is like 5 miles away, because they don't want Americans there anymore (you should see the online comments from the Canadians). But you see that as a success? What exactly would you see as a failure then?

I don't blame Trump for the virus, but their response has been absolutely, horribly inept, and the proof is in the many other countries who have responded far better without trying to pretend everything is just fine. GWB failed at Hurricane Katrina, which only affected a small part of the country. This time, that ineptitude is affecting the entire nation. BTW, he was the least popular president in history when he left office in 2008, yet people still like him more than Trump. Think about that.
              You say you don't blame Trump for the virus, then blame Trump for not doing enough in reaction to the virus. What exactly do you want him to do? Numerous European countries do not have mask requirements and their kids are going to school like usual.

I don't think you have a realistic expectation of what government can do to prevent a virus from spreading other than the very basic things like suggest good health practices and closing down entries into the country from countries that have a ton of cases (just like Trump did).

I don't give a fuck about you wanting to run to Canada or what Canadians feel about Americans. They shouldn't give a shit about what I say about them, because its irrelevant. I am sorry your life is inconvenienced by a fucking virus that no one asked for and no one could have responded perfectly to. The economy is not on Trump: Its on the governors who are refusing to keep their economies open. How you can tie him to that is insane.

You believe that until you don't. I think that the 150,000+ dead people had a right to exist and that the Trump administration's totally inept and incompetent non-response was directly responsible for a large portion of those deaths. You believe people have a right to exist until they're murdered, on camera, in broad daylight, by officers of the law. And you wonder why people are pissed, rioting and protesting? What did you expect to happen?
              Here you go again blaming Trump for something out of his control. He didn't kill those people. Andrew Cuomo did by sending covid patients back into nursing homes. Common sense would have stopped Cuomo from doing that, but he would have to have common sense.

Again, Trump and his administration are not monarchs with absolute authority to do everything you think he should do (and that is why I don't take his Tweets seriously). I don't want a king, but it sounds like you do. Maybe you don't understand how this country was constructed (other than stupid idea of systemic racism) because Federalism puts the control in the state's hands and out of the executive branch's hands. ON PURPOSE. You dolt.

I don't believe you're anything other than a keyboard troll, honestly. No, I'm not intimidated by your veiled threats, but I'm aware when you brandish your firearm (and even the fact that you own one), that's exactly the point you're trying to make.
              Good, I am glad you aren't intimidated. And no, I don't brandish firearms because I take them seriously. You are hurling accusations again.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

ROFL -

https://www.chicagotribune.com/colum...coa-story.html

FWIW, there will be no in person school here. It sucks, honestly, but I'd rather that than have my kids get sick and die.

I wonder, how many of you guys have school age kids?
                You are afraid! That'll do it.

Have no fear, your kids will not die nor will they likely transmit covid to you.

Your paranoia is clouding your judgement.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

anarchism is a leftist ideology. i realize it's not what everyone chooses, but as long as i live my life in a mutual-aid network independent of the government without harming anyone, what's the fucking problem? why are you so stuck on this stupid semantic bullshit?
                  No, it is not and that's the rub. Definitions make a difference. Stop maligning other leftists by associating your anarchism with leftism. They are not the same or even close.

i'm not intimidated because i've done a threat assessment on you and you're low-risk.
                  Gat damn you are tough! Boy oh boy you are brilliant.

Get the fuck outta here with that toughguy shit. You may think you are cool, but everyone else is laughing at you.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post

You really seemed to ask for and want a Civi War a few pages back.
                    No, I stated the Civil War was upon us. And I drew a line in the sand on what side I would be on.

Is it really that simple? Have we really been 'playing the same game since this country started'?
                    • How did slavery fit into capitalism or a representative democracy?
                    • How did the fight for equality and rights of all kinds-- worker's rights, gender equality, racial equality, work into our history? Was it just given (?) or did the discriminated, the disenfranchised and the underprivileged have to fight for it? Was this country just perfectly equal from the beginning, were things always fair and square? Is there a completely level playing field now? [no]
                    • Do we currently live in a pure representative democracy or a pure capitalist economic system? [no we do not]

The idea of this country has always been individual liberty and there were obstacles to achieving that. For instance, slavery was not invented by the United States of America. It was the norm at the founding, even though the founders wanted to abolish it outright, the union could not form without excepting it. Sorry, that's how the dice were rolled and that's what happened. We fought a bloody war to stop it which is more than what most countries did.

Our system allows for diagnosis of problems and it gives opportunity to correct things that need correcting. The system works. If you seek perfection, you'll not find it anywhere.

We live in a constitutional republic and a mostly intact capitalist economic system. We would do good to use the system as intended, make small, incremental changes (because society has to adjust to changes) and we would do better if we would be better capitalists.

Perhaps you have everything you want. You like how things are. You have no need to protest or stand up for any more rights or justice than you have now. Perhaps you don't really care for anyone else that may be currently discriminated against(?) I don't personally feel that way. For example, I see access to healthcare as a right to all, just not a right to the richest. I also want to see common sense regulations on capitalism and in our politics and elections specifically to ensure fairness and so that success *can not be bought.* I also see frequent discrimination for people who aren't as privileged as myself.
                    Because government is not perfect because it is made up of imperfect individuals, I do not expect perfection from our system nor do I expect people to never be maligned or suffer. Life is tough, deal with it.

We can have discussions that healthcare should be free to everyone (and everyone has access to healthcare, paying for it is the rub, right?). I disagree with you on that. We can discuss what you think common sense regulation on capitalism looks like. My guess is that your definition of common sense and mine do not align. I do not see frequent discrimination of anyone and you are going to have to back up those claims with actual information in order for us to have a meaningful discussion.

The thing is we can have discussions about it but if you don't get 100% what you want, you have to deal with that. You can't go rioting in the streets like children. It is just not acceptable.

• Who knew not one Democrat believes in free speech or law. Since when do you speak for the thousands of diverse people and mindsets and agendas within the Democratic Party?
                    • There seems to be more dissent and differing viewpoints within the Democratic party than the Republican Party these days.
                    • Also, the majority of us are disgusted with the 2 party system. Masses have left both parties and most people identify themselves as "Independent" (like myself).
                    The democrat party does not believe in free speech or the rule of law. Their actions speak volumes. I already provided proof of that.

I have no idea where you get that idea that the democratic party has differing viewpoints. They are on an all out war with people who do not conform. The democrat party is the party of conformity, period.

Good for you that you are disgusted with a 2 party system. Its what we have, do your part to change that if you want.

Well, I definitely did not say he is not smart. But I do think he says a lot without "saying" anything at all. The article I linked gave a good summary of *my opinion*. I assume you personally like him because he'll often equate the establishment of rights to those discriminated against as totalitarianism and an infringement of established groups' rights. Which is exactly what you are talking about above with 'playing the same game since this country started'. Jordan Peterson may compare Maoist China to, say, some people looking for Trans rights. He'll use a mountain of rhetoric to equate them with "slippery slope" logic. You do a similar thing when you paint the very complicated and difficult circumstances around the current racial injustice protests so simply into Marxism, anarchy, or some grey idea of "anti-Americanism". Or with "the entire Democratic Party being against the rule of law or free speech." It's ridiculous because it's very inaccurate.
                    You just don't get it, and that's fine.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post

Why do you feel the need to keep telling a bunch of other people you don't know exactly what they believe? Also why do you frequently homogenize large groups of diverse people or movements as completely one thing or another, when it's always much more complicated than that?
                      I don't have any idea what you are talking about. You are the one supporting claims like institutional racism exists while providing no proof other than "because."

Above you responded to a comment of mine speculating why people might follow personalities over principles; it goes for any case, beyond Trump. It was not responding to you. & It wasn't about you.

My personal principles are Honesty. Morality. Hard Work. Quality & Detail. And respect. It sure looks like you could learn some.
                      That's cute.

---

And, because I don't have 3,000 posts in the R3V political threads is probably a good thing. As stated before, occasionally I see something here that irks me and I feel the instinct to speak out, especially when no one else does. Recently it was someone denying institutional racism. A few months ago someone talked about "hanging a muslim congress lady from a tree." Lately you are welcoming a "civil war." These kind of things are Alarming. I often try and ask and understand the motivations behind them, but I do see it's all basically a huge waste of time.
                      So what irks you is not advocating the murdering of cops. But it does irk you when I say that systemic racism doesn't exist, when there is no proof that it does exist.

You don't want to understand the motivations of anyone. If you did, you would see that Bernie is a fucking fraud. At least I recognize that Trump is a blowhard who may have authoritarian tendencies but will never have them realized and he doesn't even want to realize them.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

why's it hard to say that cops murdering people is outrageous?

you're the one calling for civil war. that's what that looks like.
                        Because the claim that cops are murdering people is factually incorrect. It is statistically incorrect as well.

I am not calling for civil war, I am merely acknowledging that there are insurgents like yourself who are already waging the war. Only in your brain would that equate that I am inviting civil war. Unless you think that if I just let the tanks run over me, then the civil war wouldn't have to exist.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I never professed to be anything. You're the one who assigned that label. I'm just here to watch Trump crash and burn.
                          Ok, if you say so.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

If I could put you on an ignore list, I would.

BTW, if you have kids - please, by all means send them to school and ignore the fact that nothing has changed since March, in fact it's gotten much worse. I'm not afraid, I'm just not a fucking moron. I sincerely hope you don't lose any family members for pretending everything is just fine.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

If I could put you on an ignore list, I would.

BTW, if you have kids - please, by all means send them to school and ignore the fact that nothing has changed since March, in fact it's gotten much worse. I'm not afraid, I'm just not a fucking moron. I sincerely hope you don't lose any family members for pretending everything is just fine.
                              You are a moron because you don't believe the verified statistics. You are afraid and emotional...that explains everything. Your hysteria is what is truly frightening.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Straw man argument. Ho-hum.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X