Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    Nothing but a shit show display of complete dishonesty from both sides of the isle. Pompous grandstanding at its best. Gotta say though the Dems overplayed their hand with it, based on the hype they tried to generate for it.
    curious about any specific dishonesty you saw
    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
      once again i suspect you overestimate your significance just because you have an opinion

terrorism is what they charge activists with, so whether or not you personally used that specific word is irrelevant, and you're being a little egotistical for assuming i was talking about you in the first place
      My significance? Where have I implied anything was directed at me? I'm simply referring to our different choices of words. I've never claimed to be anything but another voice in this thread, but carry on with the ad hominem I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by naplese30 View Post
        nothing but a shit show display of complete dishonesty from both sides of the isle. Pompous grandstanding at its best. Gotta say though the dems overplayed their hand with it, based on the hype they tried to generate for it.
        e n l i g h t e n d c e n t r i s m
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          Any thoughts on the mueller hearings today?
          Well, it was an 'important' opportunity to broadcast Mueller’s conclusions to a national audience of millions who undoubtedly never read his (zillion page) written report.

Most people don't know that our country's law & power has been handed to those who maintain the Unitary Executive Theory -- ie. the President is above the law-- no matter what happened the President can not be indicted, the President doesn't have to play by any rules and does not have to answer to anyone. The purpose of the report was to help instruct Congress to impeach or not impeach. The report could never clearly indict because it is impossible under current interpretation of our law.
          Generally, people in our country don't know this is the current state of affairs. Did you know this? Probably not. Maybe today at least illustrates this to a little bit of the public, and I think that's a good thing.

There's so much misinformation by the President and the News channels, etc.
          Last edited by phillipj; 07-24-2019, 09:34 PM.
          1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

I thought it was interesting Mueller said they pursued an interview with Trump for over a year, they kept getting stonewalled, so they decided they didn’t want to use the subpoena power because they just wanted to end this investigation.

If they had subpoenaed the president Trump woulda just kept fighting it and the investigation would still be going.

It's crazy to me in all this that no one could ever question Trump. That's exactly what they did to Clinton that led to his Impeachment (Clinton was impeached on December 19, 1998, by the House on grounds of perjury (by a 228–206 vote) and obstruction of justice (by a 221–212 vote).

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              Any thoughts on the mueller hearings today?
              It was mostly politics on both sides, Mueller towed the line as best he could.

Politics aside, I think the point about the possibility of Russian involvement in our elections is a genuine threat, and I hope to see action taken to prevent it.
              I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                It was mostly politics on both sides, Mueller towed the line as best he could.

Politics aside, I think the point about the possibility of Russian involvement in our elections is a genuine threat, and I hope to see action taken to prevent it.
                The Senate Intelligence Committee, confirmed by both sides, concluded yesterday night that election systems in all 50 states were targeted by Russia. In my hometown state of Illinois they actually got through.

Ok, say what you want on the politics of geriatric old school Republican Bob Mueller's testimony this week, but he was very verbose on the fact that this is going on and will continue to go on and get worse.

Did you know that Republicans struck down multiple election interference by foreign governments bills this week? Why?

Originally posted by Trump
                I have President Putin, he just said it’s not Russia. I will say this, I don't see any reason why it would be.
                People put their head in the sand so damn far.

Comment

Separately, very notable today that the Conservatives on the Supreme court allowed Trump $2.5 Billion to reallocate Pentagon money to build more border fencing / moats / signs / razor wire

"Mexico will pay for it."

US Citizenry further into the debt toilet. Connected contractors though -- goldmine!! Gotta love those bloated contracts for crap work.

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
                    Separately, very notable today that the Conservatives on the Supreme court allowed Trump $2.5 Billion to reallocate Pentagon money to build more border fencing / moats / signs / razor wire

"Mexico will pay for it."

US Citizenry further into the debt toilet. Connected contractors though -- goldmine!! Gotta love those bloated contracts for crap work.
                    That's just politics. He can put it in the "win" column before the 2020 election. A little more fencing, and more debt, won't do much to stop the issues we're having.

It's like 3.6 roentgen, not great, not terrible.
                    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
                      I thought it was interesting Mueller said they pursued an interview with Trump for over a year, they kept getting stonewalled, so they decided they didn’t want to use the subpoena power because they just wanted to end this investigation.

If they had subpoenaed the president Trump woulda just kept fighting it and the investigation would still be going.

It's crazy to me in all this that no one could ever question Trump. That's exactly what they did to Clinton that led to his Impeachment (Clinton was impeached on December 19, 1998, by the House on grounds of perjury (by a 228–206 vote) and obstruction of justice (by a 221–212 vote).
                      So exactly how does an inferior officer of the DOJ subpoena his boss?
                      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                        So exactly how does an inferior officer of the DOJ subpoena his boss?
                        Lays it out pretty neatly:

https://truthout.org/articles/muelle...for-interview/

Mueller was appointed to investigate the matter. They should have interviewed the subject of the entire investigation, no exceptions. It makes zero sense.

Comment

So politics as usual?

This is why myself, and others just don't even care anymore. Nothing we can do makes a difference.

Or do you think the retired guy across the street from me is going to start a revolution?
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

Or do you think the retired guy across the street from me is going to start a revolution?
                            Depends if he's willing to rock a black balaclava or not, then he's definitely on his way to earning his bust on a t-shirt.

Comment

The President asked a person with zero Intelligence Community experience to Head the entire US Intelligence Program.
                              Last edited by phillipj; 07-29-2019, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                                Depends if he's willing to rock a black balaclava or not, then he's definitely on his way to earning his bust on a t-shirt.
                                overweight dude posting from his mother's basement in canada is invited to watch today's counter-ICE action in SF, if we're pointedly trolling
                                past:
                                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:
                                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
                                X