Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

I get that reading is hard, I really do, but you'll notice in the post you first responded to, I pulled a direct quote from the article shared explaining what the U3 number is.
    your "direct quote" was very vague and not terribly informative on specifics of what you were trying to express.... So I added some details, of which you seem to not be contesting. Its not so much that reading is hard, I am just too lazy to be bothered with clicking an outside link that regurgitates information I already posses
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post

Why do I give him credit? Because it was a campaign promise he ran on and when he got to the White House he made good on it. Same as Obama having a Dem controlled Congress, running on Healthcare reform, and then getting it done when he got to office. I also believe that lowering the corporate tax rate to make it more in line with the rest of the developed world will help to stop corporations from moving headquarters and operations to foreign countries to save on paying taxes, this spurs investment in corporations that are located and taxed in America, which I think is a good thing.

What coherence are you speaking of? Not quite sure what you mean by that statement. I already said I didn't really agree with the rest of the tax reform because it has increased our yearly deficit to nearly $1 Trillion, which is the highest it's been in relation to GDP ever.

Did you read the rest of what I wrote? You seem to be attacking me when most of what I said clearly aligns with the way you think about Trump.
      I did, and I am definitely not attacking you.

However, I very much take issue giving Trump credit in this specific case. The heaviest lifting he did there was picking up a pen to sign the Tax Act of 2017, although you could argue he often used his twitter account / bully pulpit to lobby to make it even worse legislation. I contend that under any other Republican President, or even under another term of President Obama, the Republican controlled House and Senate would have passed a Corporate Tax Rate Cut.

1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

I'm willing to bet that any politician of any stipe thought it's a bad idea to tax a business at, let's say, net 39 percent in Michigan, when they can go a few miles away to Canada and pay 27 percent. This was not some visionary breakthrough by The Donald, he just happened to occupy the office.

Obama wanted to pass a corporate tax rate cut in 2014 before it was ever a "campaign promise" by Trump; he recognized it was long past due and it needed to be really large to be meaningful. However, his important question to the Council of Economic advisors was not "if", but "how" -- like in How do We pay for that? How can we lower the rate, in any way, but how can we also efficiently bring in revenue too?

----

I think the more important question is how is it that the US has so many businesses and such a high corporate tax rate, but actually raises less % in corporate tax revenue than these other countries? How is that even possible?

We have so many damn loopholes that many of these largest corporations pay far less, or in too many cases, nothing at all. And what did President Trump and his Republican Controlled House and Senate do when they had the opportunity to close any of these tax loopholes in this massive Tax 'reform' bill?

Is Congratulations really in order? There's a lot more nuance to all this than just changing the official Number.
        Last edited by phillipj; 08-25-2019, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
          I also believe that lowering the corporate tax rate to make it more in line with the rest of the developed world will help to stop corporations from moving headquarters and operations to foreign countries to save on paying taxes, this spurs investment in corporations that are located and taxed in America, which I think is a good thing.
          It's important to note that Trumpís 2017 tax cut law mandated that from now on all American US Multinational Corporations would pay a 10.5% tax on profits booked offshore. Profits booked in the US went down to a rate of 21%. With all the creative accounting practices going on, what do you think this incentivizes? The law encourages firms to move profits to tax havens where they can pay half the onshore rate.

Seriously, the proof is in the pudding. When Trump slashed the corporate tax rate, revenues fell by 31% and 60 of the Fortune 500 paid no tax at all. These con-men told everyone these biggest companies would reinvest the bulk of the money they saved in tax cuts and a massive tax holiday back in the US economy, hiring workers, building new operations here, raising wages. Trickle Down theory. What really happened? They took their extra pools of cash to buy back their own stock shares!

Comment

Seems like the antifa thread is blocked so Ill post this here.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/andy-n...ppears?via=rss

Remember Andy Ngo? Who was being a real victim after being punched at a protest. Here he is hanging with patriot prayer whilst activley planning for violence. Who would have thought. *sarcasm. I wonder if he reported this?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	zoaajfn6yp2h2uzuat7w.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	9867335

Comment

Originally posted by saucers View Post

Name:	zoaajfn6yp2h2uzuat7w.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	9867335
                This person is a complete moron

Comment

Name:	190905195414-trump-sharpie-gate-hands-meme-large-169.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	9868563
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

So glad John Bolton is out!...

Click image for larger version  Name:	498BF404-31EE-4ED3-9E4B-33040D198DFF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	107.5 KB ID:	9868635
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
                    Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...
                    Originally posted by Melon
                    Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.

Comment

Name:	Bolton-fired-feat-9-10-2019.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	9868779

massivebrakes.com

Comment

I think I now understand the concept of "Make America great again".
                        Trump is gonna fire everyone he has hired, and when he will be the last one standing, he will most likely fire himself, or get impeached. That's how you "Make Murica great again"... ;-)
                        Good job Donnie.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post

It's important to note that Trumpís 2017 tax cut law mandated that from now on all American US Multinational Corporations would pay a 10.5% tax on profits booked offshore. Profits booked in the US went down to a rate of 21%. With all the creative accounting practices going on, what do you think this incentivizes? The law encourages firms to move profits to tax havens where they can pay half the onshore rate.

Seriously, the proof is in the pudding. When Trump slashed the corporate tax rate, revenues fell by 31% and 60 of the Fortune 500 paid no tax at all. These con-men told everyone these biggest companies would reinvest the bulk of the money they saved in tax cuts and a massive tax holiday back in the US economy, hiring workers, building new operations here, raising wages. Trickle Down theory. What really happened? They took their extra pools of cash to buy back their own stock shares!
                          Of course powerful rich people looked out for their own interests. But that ignores that there shouldn't be a tax on corporations to begin with.

Corporations do NOT PAY TAX. They simply increase the cost of their product or service and we, the consumer, pay the tax. I don't understand why so many have such a hard time with this, I'm not saying you do, just in general.

Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest DivisionóBlunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

^ Quite the perfect case vs. Trump's Tariff Debacle. We are net negative under this president's self-imposed policies economy-wise

Comment

It smells like impeachment ;-)

massivebrakes.com

Comment

They just sealed his re-election. People are not as dumb as democrats think/wish they were. I’m sure Warren is happy as this is going to cripple Biden.

Comment

Working...
                                X