Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cale View Post
    Looking at the outcome and thinking that lets you understand the causes is cute.
    Easy to dismiss and taunt someone from behind a screen. Not hard to imagine you as a spineless twat in person, probably used to being the smartest one in the room, but also the least likable. Shame you're such a condescending dick as I'm generally in agreement with you in the global warming thread.

Spew a few stereotypes that you think are sticking points
    Okay.
    The official music video for Megan Thee Stallion's "Captain Hook" from 'SUGA' - Out Now!Buy "HISS": http://mts.lnk.to/HissITUNESStream 'SUGA' on all platform...

Nine people have been arrested for allegedly stealing footwear and other items from a pawn shop and a sporting goods store in Fort Lauderdale as Hurricane Ir...

Originally posted by cale
    while ignoring generations of inequality founded on institutionalized racism, literal regulation that said black man =/= white man.
    Uh, did I not acknowledge this?
    There's no denying that black people got fucked hard and long in this country, and frankly the more I think about how much help native americans get (free healthcare and college) I think there is an argument for doing the same for black people. I don't know the whole story of the civil rights movement but it's easy to forget that it wasn't until the 1960s (when my parents were kids) that things started getting better. This madtv skit always gets me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUPypNlign0
    Put yourself in the shoes of a black person reading that article and how can you not get really upset by it? It's blatantly racist shit like that which blocked the economic advancement of black people in this country and arguably deserves them some form of recompense.
    Originally posted by cale
    You're grossly ignorant to history.
    America's history of slavery and civil rights is a subject we learn about starting in elementary and is revisited many times until the last history classes I took in college. I'm no expert on every egregious act but I'm acutely aware of social strife topics and am no less qualified than you to have an opinion, so how about you actually address the points I made in my posts instead of simply attacking me. But if that's what you want to do then I'll just keep giving it right back.
    My Feedback

Comment

PlusObama Says Blacks Must Take ResponsibilityObama Says Blacks Must Take ResponsibilityThe Associated PressDemocrat Barack Obama says blacks must show great...
      My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
        probably used to being the smartest one in the room
        If this is your response as some sort of insult, pretty easy to deduce which person you're used to being.

Comment

If this is your response as some sort of insult, pretty easy to deduce which person you're used to being.
          You mean that only someone who can relate to being the smartest one in the room is able to read what kind of person you are? Yeah.

hmm my response was actually kind of lame, but seriously, give me more. I know how you must feel posting here because you obviously are smart and that makes you above us all. We're all just greasy gearheads who couldn't possibly understand complex social systems, right? Please, educate us.
          Last edited by E30 Wagen; 07-09-2020, 07:08 PM.
          My Feedback

Comment

Please, educate us.
            Sure

I don't buy the zip code claim at all.
            What don't you buy, that a zip code alone cannot identify a persons likelihood to experience a significantly worse upbringing than one next door?

Consider Washington, D.C. The difference in life expectancy between our national capital’s longest-lived zip code, 20088, and its shortest, 20020, is a staggering 32.9 years. Yet the physical distance from tony Friendship Heights to hard-pressed Barry Farm is less than 10 miles. This disparity shows how health is profoundly shaped by our environment: the air we breathe, the food we eat, the services we have access to, the opportunities afforded to us.
            https://fortune.com/2020/07/08/healt...fe-expectancy/

How about something as basic as access to food?

But 60-plus years of corporate strategies, white flight and stereotypes about black Americans have made it significantly harder for many black people to access a supermarket than it is for most white people, according to leaders of big cities across the country as well as food policy advocates, historians and urban studies experts.
            Supermarkets have chased white, suburban customers at the expense of black communities in urban areas, these experts say. Some have described large grocers' avoidance of predominately black areas as "supermarket redlining," evoking post-New Deal federal policies designed to prevent black home ownership in white neighborhoods and promote segregation.
            https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/busin...ity/index.html

But hey, it's total coincidence that these are black communities most affected. It's definitely also a coincidence that these sorts of issues are prevalent in cities like Baltimore where housing discrimination was both rampant then and still exists today. A well documented history of being handed shit, and then someone has the audacity to tell a kid who never had a proper upbringing that they should just know how to behave. Right.

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my experience at CHOP, or what was left of it by the time I got there on the 1st of July.

Obviously, it was dismantled that morning, but when I went there at dusk it was pretty much what I expected.. Which was every business boarded up and tagged to holy hell. There were a few people camping at super small grassy areas talking about what went down that day and how they're upset.

Residents where apparently handing out waters, flowers and showing other forms of kind gestures to the police and community members who helped take back and clean up the mess.

It looked like, if you're from LA, the homeless belt that separated the Arts District from Downtown. Total shit hole

Capitol Hill was a nice hip spot before and now it looks like a barren wasteland. What a shame.

Those of you who were advocating that it wasn't like how it was described on TV, or at least when you said FOX new's version was far from the truth, you are wrong, very wrong It was pretty close to that judging by what was left and all the killings and other violent crimes that took place there.

My friends place was so close that they were hearing all the gunshots. When I went out to a few bars in West Seattle, it was pretty much unanimously frowned upon and everyone is happy it's gone, except the retards that started it and thought they were actually doing something significant lol.

I wonder if durkam is going to take care of their vegetables...
              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
              Q
              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Yes all of the United States’s major left-wing coastal cities are quickly turning into shitholes. NYC, which I live near, was starting already to look like a dump before this whole pandemic broke out with all the trash and homeless people. Now violent crime is spiking up and regressing NYC back into the 1970s. The more inward southern and midwestern cities, barring some exceptions like Minneapolis and Chicago, look more or less okay, but I wouldnm’t be surprised if they resemble NYC/Seattle/SF/LA 10-15 years from now given that Americans (including trump supporters) are starting to embrace left-wing policies.

The US in general is starting to look more like a second-world nation as the years go by and this pandemic and the BLM crap is just speeding up that process.
                Last edited by ZeKahr; 07-10-2020, 02:38 PM.
                1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
                1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

What don't you buy, that a zip code alone cannot identify a persons likelihood to experience a significantly worse upbringing than one next door?
                  Obviously disparities exist and I'm not going to downplay the legacy of segregation. No, I don't believe that a zip code determines future success. It's the people in that zip code, families with common values living together in safe, supportive communities. You've acknowledged the disproportionate number of black kids growing up without two parents but lay no fault with the men who bolt. I'd be interested to know how many single mothers live in these disparaged zip codes because I strongly believe that broken families are the root cause of the social problems the black community has. The data is there. The question has been posed to you a few times now but you're not answering: how are white people causing black men to abandon their families?
                  My Feedback

Comment

I am glad to see some people coming out and speaking up against this insanity. I pray more do.

I am constantly blown away that people cannot appreciate where our society is and what it has created in just the past 50 years. BLM, Antifa and the main stream media want to tear down this civilization that afforded all of us to navel gaze every single day of our lives. This "shithole" society that we have created the machines that allowed me to have robotic surgery at the end of June. 50 years ago, I would be dead from what I went in for. How can you leftists be so fucking ungrateful? It literally makes me sick.
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Obviously disparities exist and I'm not going to downplay the legacy of segregation. No, I don't believe that a zip code determines future success. It's the people in that zip code, families with common values living together in safe, supportive communities. You've acknowledged the disproportionate number of black kids growing up without two parents but lay no fault with the men who bolt. I'd be interested to know how many single mothers live in these disparaged zip codes because I strongly believe that broken families are the root cause of the social problems the black community has. The data is there. The question has been posed to you a few times now but you're not answering: how are white people causing black men to abandon their families?
                      You're still only taking a surface level look at this. The question is why are single parent homes so prevalent in black families, what in their communities causes this. To ignore the glaring differences in opportunity over the last century as well as the significant differences in how black men are prosecuted for the same crimes with the same criminal history as other races, is hugely ignorant. This isn't even beginning to account for predominantly black schools receiving less funding and resources.

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                      the main stream media want to tear down this civilization
                      You're right about that, the mainstream media is doing lots to sow division and push a narrative that causes social decay.

Wonder what the mainest of main stream is....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoy...in-cable-news/
                      Last edited by cale; 07-11-2020, 07:16 AM.

Comment

You're still only taking a surface level look at this. The question is why are single parent homes so prevalent in black families, what in their communities causes this. To ignore the glaring differences in opportunity over the last century as well as the significant differences in how black men are prosecuted for the same crimes with the same criminal history as other races, is hugely ignorant. This isn't even beginning to account for predominantly black schools receiving less funding and resources.
                        There's nothing surface level about a man being there for his family. These are core values. I've already acknowledged the economic damage and am aware of the many ways black and other minorities were marginalized in this country (to put it mildly), but can we fast forward post civil rights era and talk about the last few generations? Bigotry and racism obviously remain and of course black people are going to have a tougher time getting good jobs, beyond feeling safe in their own home. My great aunt married a black man in the fifties and I've heard stories about the death threats he got working construction sites. But despite his hardships he was always there for his kids and eventually able to purchase a huge farm in Wisconsin or somewhere.

I can understand how barely living above poverty is perpetually stressful, but is that an excuse to bail on the woman you just knocked up? Maybe there's an argument that black communities don't have as much access to birth control? It's way harder to get a job without a high school diploma, but it's not the school's fault if you don't graduate. It's not the police's fault that you robbed a convenience store at gunpoint, shot somebody, led a chase across the city until you t-boned someone, and fled on foot until you were inevitably caught. It's like you're saying that somebody who eats at McDonald's everyday is justified in blaming them for getting fat. It's a total lack of values. I've seen how black men have received harsher sentences which is clearly corrupt, but here's an idea: don't commit crimes, like ever. How are these basic civic concepts so fucking hard to grasp?

You could almost make an analogy with addiction. An addict will continue to self-destruct until there's an intervention. Granted this usually requires some resources but the most important one is having the right people in their life. I've read more than a few articles from black leaders across the last couple decades (and see the video of Obama above) trying to get the message out that being a man is staying with your woman to help raise your child. Like the addict who needs somebody in their life to keep them honest, so do I think the black community needs their best and brightest to step up and be role models - not less policing in crime-ridden neighborhoods or a budget for a new computer lab. We need mom's and dad's making sure homework is getting done and reading bedtime stories. We need more black men who see value in becoming teachers, police officers, and tradesmen, but most importantly father figures.
                        My Feedback

Comment

This "shithole" society that we have created the machines that allowed me to have robotic surgery at the end of June. 50 years ago, I would be dead from what I went in for. How can you leftists be so fucking ungrateful? It literally makes me sick.
                          penis surgery?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post

penis surgery?
                            Haha! No, cut out 2 feet of colon.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

You're right about that, the mainstream media is doing lots to sow division and push a narrative that causes social decay.

Wonder what the mainest of main stream is....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoy...in-cable-news/
                              Right, conformity is what matters to you. Those who do not confirm are the enemy.

Don't you mean the best, most successful and most viewed?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Don't you mean the best, most successful and most viewed?
                                Aka, the epitome of mainstream.

Are you really this daft, or does the "main stream media" moniker only apply to the sources you disagree with?

Comment

Working...
                                X