The Democrat Party self destructs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't wait for the democrats to campaign on raising taxes in 2018
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

We should do no taxes entirely, I heard Anarcho-Capitalism only leads to good things.

Really though there needs to be a 'topics to reagan' game like there is Hitler, GOPers bring him up without fail and misquote his acts and policies at the same time.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

^
        Regan had his faults ( I mentioned it one of the biggest ones in my last post) but he is brought up because his tax plan did just as it was supposed to do, spur the economy, and bring in record tax revenue to the feds.

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        I'd like sleeve to explain how the much higher corporate tax after WWII and during Vietnam stifled/ruined/destroyed/*insert your favorite pejorative* slowed our economy?
        Funny you bring this, up would you have been one of the ones screaming like chicken little at the end of the war that everything was going to come to a hault since the war dollars were going to stop flowing to the private sector?????

They did effect our economy, greatly in fact. Its why we have Obama care now and partially why we have such expensive health care. Due to the high taxation employers wishing to attract the best talent had to offer non income / nontaxable incentives like more and more elaborate health care insurance plans, retirement plans and other "fringe benefits" These benefits allowed them to "PAY"people more than their competition and lower the business TAX bill in the process.

We were the ONLY UNDAMAGED major manufacturing economy in the world after WWII, Our manufacturing technology and efficiency had improved dramatically in the WWII years. This status and now a "super power" had most of the world banking in the USA, and allowed our dollar to become supreme around the world a defacto world reserve currency (partially why oil is traded in dollars only). This lead to a massive surge in wealth investment in the USA, and our dollar and our economy leading the way for 40 years. When your nearly the only game in town your tax structure is not as important, thats not the case any longer........

I love how "yall" love to cut the human nature element out of these situations, people can and DO change their behavior based on many many things, from a national "effort" in a large scale multi front war to new peace time tax policy, to how much the garbage service costs every month.....
        Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-21-2017, 12:08 PM.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

all of you happy about the tax cuts are a bunch of fucking goldfish. they made the corporate and high earner tax cuts permanent. but they made the tax cuts for us only 8 yrs. just like they did during bush where as soon as trump (holy shit not a second term) or another republican is out of office. by then democrats will probably have their cycle of power and have to deal with blowback of the tax cuts expiring, there by making republicans look good and "right" about democrats raising taxes.

its all a wheel of bullshit where long term the government will keep fucking the middle class its all just changes where the money goes, up or down.

Comment

^

I agree with you on that, point for sure

that said keeping the corporate permanent allows business to actually plan on something and make long term investments and plans based on that. Stability in that portion of the plan is very good for businesses and keeps us competitive with other other western economies, something we have not been in some time on this front.
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

lets see how many of the corporations are actually going to bring jobs BACK.... we'll see...
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

^

Many have been doing just that for the last 5-8 years..... Caterpillar is one of the biggest ones bringing back lots of production here due to quality and reliability issues with Chinese built components even with US based QA/QC people on site....

William Pitt-

Comment

^

Many have been doing just that for the last 5-8 years..... Caterpillar is one of the biggest ones bringing back lots of production here due to quality and reliability issues with Chinese built components even with US based QA/QC people on site....

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    lets see how many of the corporations are actually going to bring jobs BACK.... we'll see...
                    this is a good start

“There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

@sleeve
                      so they didnt need this tax cut...

@gwb
                      "“If the President signs the bill before Christmas, employees will receive the bonus over the holidays,” the company said in a statement."

Im pretty sure he isnt signing it until the new year due to PAYGO
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                        All taxes are regressive. All taxes hamper economic growth. period. end of story.

per Alan Greenspan
                        Although Greenspan helped "soft land" a recession early in his career at the Fed... he also helped to severely worsen one at the tail end of his career as well.

Don't hold Greenspan (or any other Rand disciples) as gospel. You have to take each situation on it's principles/conditions/merits and not make absolute statements when it comes to government policy. Sometimes Right wing philosophy is the best course of action... and sometimes Left wing philosophy is.

But nobody thinks like that anymore. Who wants to use their brain when they can blindly follow one party or another. Makes staying informed so much easier and less time consuming.
                        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                        -----------------------------------------
                        91 318is Turbo Sold
                        87 325 Daily driver Sold
                        06 4.8is X5
                        06 Mtec X3
                        05 4.4i X5 Sold
                        92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                        90 325i Sold
                        97 328is Sold
                        01 323ci Sold
                        92 325i Sold
                        83 528e Totaled
                        98 328i Sold
                        93 325i Sold

Comment

these huge monopolish corporations have so much just sitting in the bank though. taxing them higher is promoting them to invest into research and development, hiring more workforce, and to be more charitable. all in the name of paying less taxes. the money they have is not being utilized in the economy, its just sitting in the bank where its used to gamble in the market.

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                            KANSAS CITY, Mo. — AT&T has announced layoff’s affecting people in five states, including Missouri. Just days before Christmas, hundreds of people in the metro found out they will be out …

willschnitz

Comment

First I lol'd ! I predict more of this type of behavior in the upcoming years.

Then I... , and finally I :(
                              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                              -----------------------------------------
                              91 318is Turbo Sold
                              87 325 Daily driver Sold
                              06 4.8is X5
                              06 Mtec X3
                              05 4.4i X5 Sold
                              92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                              90 325i Sold
                              97 328is Sold
                              01 323ci Sold
                              92 325i Sold
                              83 528e Totaled
                              98 328i Sold
                              93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                                First I lol'd ! I predict more of this type of behavior in the upcoming years.

Then I... , and finally I :(
                                The best part is the bonus is a result of Union negotiations, not some shitty tax bill.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X