Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a high School incident be relevant 35 years later?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    Well I hope they do keep investigating, as it keeps turning up more information that may have Fords lawyers disbarred and worse. Witness tampering and perjury all look to be on the table the deeper they investigate. If there is enough evidence, throw the book at em, along with the intern who doxed senators.
    i am fine with senators getting doxxed. remember the part where they're public servants? i like my public servants at least slightly worried about the public they serve.

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Well I hope they do keep investigating, as it keeps turning up more information that may have Fords lawyers disbarred and worse. Witness tampering and perjury all look to be on the table the deeper they investigate. If there is enough evidence, throw the book at em, along with the intern who doxed senators.

Leave a comment:

• Wschnitz
    replied
    Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
    Troll
    I definitely think in investigation into the recording of the Job Interview we all got to watch was thorough and got us somewhere meaningful.

Get your mouth off McConnels Dick dude.

Leave a comment:

• gwb72tii
    replied
    Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    It's a good thing the white House ordered a fake FBI investigation so we could find out the truth.
    Troll

Leave a comment:

• Wschnitz
    replied
    Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
    You know, I would never wish being falsely accused of something so heinous on ANYONE. EVER. This whole thing is such bullshit. This is opening the door for a HELL of a lot more than some of you think. Usually, I'm not with the right on a lot of topics, but this resonates with me deeply. I keep hearing from left friends on Facebook, "Timing is Everything". It is. They didn't want him in that seat. Timing was also everything when I had to go to the police station and talk about an event that never happened, right after someone got a visit from DCF (BTW, we had one too. They have to visit both parents' homes.) Guess what? She never pursued it(nothing to pursue). She was just mad and wanted to hurt me. All she would've had to do was plaster it on Facebook and my name in my hometown would've been garbage. My family would take part of that hit. Every opportunity I would later have would be based on whether someone thought I did it or not. Do I like what K stands for and his views? No. But, I'll be damned if I'm going to support this fucking witch hunt and the obvious problems that will come forth. If he is proven innocent and she's lying, I hope he sues her ass.
    It's a good thing the white House ordered a fake FBI investigation so we could find out the truth.

Leave a comment:

• supermansocks95
    replied
    You know, I would never wish being falsely accused of something so heinous on ANYONE. EVER. This whole thing is such bullshit. This is opening the door for a HELL of a lot more than some of you think. Usually, I'm not with the right on a lot of topics, but this resonates with me deeply. I keep hearing from left friends on Facebook, "Timing is Everything". It is. They didn't want him in that seat. Timing was also everything when I had to go to the police station and talk about an event that never happened, right after someone got a visit from DCF (BTW, we had one too. They have to visit both parents' homes.) Guess what? She never pursued it(nothing to pursue). She was just mad and wanted to hurt me. All she would've had to do was plaster it on Facebook and my name in my hometown would've been garbage. My family would take part of that hit. Every opportunity I would later have would be based on whether someone thought I did it or not. Do I like what K stands for and his views? No. But, I'll be damned if I'm going to support this fucking witch hunt and the obvious problems that will come forth. If he is proven innocent and she's lying, I hope he sues her ass.

Leave a comment:

• Wschnitz
    replied
    Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
    Bingo, and why this has never been about vetting Kavanaugh or the truth.
    Considering he lied in his job interview quite a few times I don't think Feinsteins position is really that wrong anymore.

Also lmao how this is a great offense to you now, but was part of the game when Garland was a nominee.

Leave a comment:

• gwb72tii
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

People like Feinstein came out and said they were going to vote against him REGARDLESS of the outcome of the investigation
    Bingo, and why this has never been about vetting Kavanaugh or the truth.

Leave a comment:

• z31maniac
    replied
    Gamble v. US

Leave a comment:

• z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by decay View Post
    after how many years? did you think that process was going to take a few weeks for some reason?
    Nope, but it didn't matter anyway.

People like Feinstein came out and said they were going to vote against him REGARDLESS of the outcome of the investigation.

That's why the focus has turned from the accusers, and the many questionable details, to "He's an alcoholic."

And now to the Supreme Court case regarding Double Jeopardy.

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    The difference is Bill Cosby was arrested, went to trial, and was convicted of the charges.

But I can see how that's just a minor detail.
    after how many years? did you think that process was going to take a few weeks for some reason?

Leave a comment:

• z31maniac
    replied
    oh look, another one

According to an interview with Brett Kavanaugh conducted by a staffer with the Senate, the nominee allegedly raped a woman in the back of a car.

that's number 3 that i've read of

given the repercussions his accusers are facing (up to/including death threats against selves and family members) how many does it take until it's just like "oh he's bill cosby. he likes puddin' (his dick where it don't belong)"

The difference is Bill Cosby was arrested, went to trial, and was convicted of the charges.

But I can see how that's just a minor detail.

Leave a comment:

• cale
    replied
    if it happened to your wife/daughter/niece/etc, what would constitute "credible evidence" for you?

stop making this about petroleum/pipelines, it's not.

address the repercussions point.

these people are ruining their and their families' lives by making these "unfounded accusations". why put themselves through that?
    An appeal to emotion isn't an argument, and it doesn't make up for the lack of evidence. If it were my family, it would simply render my opinion one too heavily biased to be able to render a reasonable conclusion based on the evidence.

Their motive is not my concern, nor is it in itself convincing of truthfulness. I haven't been keeping up with this whole debacle to have an opinion on the mans behavior that's being mentioned in the news, but I am able to see how much of a witch hunt it's become.

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    If they dont have any proof to bring charges in a court of law they I suppose the shrink bills are going to be very high.
    i have a strong objection to any governmental system that results in that being an acceptable outcome, and i'm sad to hear that you'd be okay with "well shit, guess we're spending 6 figures on a therapist".

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    When we have proof or more credible corroboration then we can have that talk.

I made that parallel to try to simplify it and apply it to a situation that aligns with your personal mantra and experience.

As to my family, sure I will would back them, as I KNOW THEM and who they are. If they dont have any proof to bring charges in a court of law then I suppose the shrink bills are going to be very high, . That said I am going to go with the word over a vetted and top secret clearance holding US applet court judge over some random leftists writing letters to senators that are held to the end of the nomination process and not turned over to the proper investigative authorities pound MeToo didIgetitrightthistime????
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-04-2018, 08:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X