I hereby announce... a contest!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 Groupie
    So much BSing, and such little work being done (none)
    Seriously, keep the OT discussion elsewhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • Justin B
    replied
    All I can say is dont make it too wide, or it'll probably push the banner to the side then give people without ginormous monitors or resolutions (me, on my laptop all the time now), to the side and potentially give that incredibly annoying scrolling effect side to side when people post way-too-big pictures. Either that, or an ugly double-stack effect when the banner takes up its own space side to side because it wont fit with what was made to 'take up the space'. FWIW, it appears the gap between the trunk of the e30 and the banner is about the width of the banner for me.

    For those of you with huge res', you're going to have a wicked white gap anyway. I think it looks fine as it is, but if its changed don't try to take up all the room to account for a bigass screen. I, Unfortunately enough only have 1280 pixels wide. Cheap laptop, but it works very nicely. kthx. Less is sometimes more, and if something the size of what you posted (Josh) was put in its place, it would end up intruding on the banner already.

    What I'm saying is just not everybody has a huge resolution, and those of you who do, are used to dealing with it. The whole reason to have a nice logo like what is already there is so pretty much all resolutions will work without a hitch. A little wider is perfectly fine, but you can't be making only one set resolution happy to fill the gap (unless you make a really narrow one without anything in the middle that can get stretched as the page gets wider, but that's more than just a picture and I dont know how to make that universally work either). Then others will get a gap that have even larger resolutions, and smaller ones will be constantly annoyed by it.

    Take it into consideration.
    Last edited by Justin B; 12-24-2007, 05:16 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    I'm on it..

    Leave a comment:


  • Van Westervelt
    replied
    So much BSing, and such little work being done (none)

    Leave a comment:


  • blysccr
    replied
    if it wasn't soo expensive....just downloaded mine

    Leave a comment:


  • Car Addict
    replied
    Originally posted by mudflaps
    i pirated all of creative suite
    same CS3 FTW

    Leave a comment:


  • mudflaps
    replied
    i pirated all of creative suite

    Leave a comment:


  • CCCXXV
    replied
    I might be in on this. I'll post again when I have something done. How many pixels wide/high do you want it to be?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mastrcruse
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    This isn't for the home page, although I HATE that as well. Have at it, dude!
    Josh, yours it pretty sweet. I would have someone brighten the colors up or clean it up alittle and then take a picture with the apron on and post it. Make sure you are holding a jar of Mayonnaise :up:

    Leave a comment:


  • blacksails
    replied
    HAHA stero i love your sig hahaha

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by M42Technik

    I'll cook something up..
    On your BBQ? You will need an apron...

    Leave a comment:


  • M42Technik
    replied
    Hmm I already have that DVD Josh.

    I'll cook something up...or get lazy and not.

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    You'll have a PM shortly...

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by george graves
    Don't even get me started about the look of the home page...of course, I could get off my ass and do something about that...but...
    This isn't for the home page, although I HATE that as well. Have at it, dude!

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    Don't even get me started about the look of the home page...of course, I could get off my ass and do something about that...but...

    Leave a comment:

Working...