I hereby announce... a contest!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CCCXXV
    replied
    Not nitpicking, demanding professional-level entries.

    Definitely to be expected.

    Nevertheless, it is being a scaly whore to get all of them the same. I have to now start with an earlier draft (v.3) and create the gap, whine, bitch, moan, complain :p.

    I'll have it fixed.

    EDIT: done. Made it a PNG, as it allows higher quality. I also attached it to the board directly instead of Photobucket. So far, final version. All the blocks are 9 pixels apart, and the black is 9 pixels from the far-right edge of the logo block. I made the corners all straight corners with no straying or grayed pixels, makes it look crisper.

    Nit-pick this!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CCCXXV; 12-27-2007, 02:49 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • sticksdaman
    replied
    no you arent

    you are holding a contest a competition if you will

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by franco90
    something does not look right ............
    The black stripe doesn't look as thick as the red and gold ones, and the gap between it and the red one is larger than the gap between the red and gold.

    Sorry Nigel, I'm a nitpicker.

    Leave a comment:


  • Coco Savage
    replied
    hmmm

    Leave a comment:


  • franco90
    replied
    Originally posted by CCCXXV
    All right, will do. I'll edit this post with it when I'm done.

    Here you go. Anything else?

    something does not look right ............

    Leave a comment:


  • CCCXXV
    replied
    All right, will do. I'll edit this post with it when I'm done.

    Here you go. Anything else?

    Last edited by CCCXXV; 12-26-2007, 08:56 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    I don't have the layered image anymore fellas, sorry aboot that.

    Nigel, I really like your third one, but I'd like the black bar separated from the main body border like the other 2, and the logo image needs to be cleaned up, a bit more defined.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Indeed. I am a fan of pixel work (pixel-by-pixel editing). Not for others, mind you, but for myself. It's tedious and boring, but looks SO nice. EDIT: Sorry, this is CCCXXV. Forgot to sign in.

    Leave a comment:


  • markseven
    replied
    Originally posted by CCCXXV
    It's relatively easy to do.
    1: Copy JPG into PS.
    2: Magic wand the white.
    3: Delete the white.
    4: Select all.
    5: CTRL+C (copy)
    6: CTRL+N (new, make background color white)
    7: CTRL+V (paste)
    8: ???
    9: Profit!
    Thanks bro, :D but the edges wont be clean... IMHO, you can't really manipulate a flattened image without a ton of tedious clean up work.

    Leave a comment:


  • CCCXXV
    replied
    It's relatively easy to do.
    1: Copy JPG into PS.
    2: Magic wand the white.
    3: Delete the white.
    4: Select all.
    5: CTRL+C (copy)
    6: CTRL+N (new, make background color white)
    7: CTRL+V (paste)
    8: ???
    9: Profit!

    Leave a comment:


  • markseven
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    Yeah, here you go:
    Do you have a layered Photoshop file (.psd)?

    Leave a comment:


  • CCCXXV
    replied
    Something like this? If you'd like it different, no problem.



    EDIT: another version:



    Third version.

    Last edited by CCCXXV; 12-25-2007, 05:22 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Yeah, here you go:

    Leave a comment:


  • markseven
    replied
    Mr. Anderson, is the logo source file available?

    Leave a comment:


  • franco90
    replied
    any updates just wondering

    Leave a comment:

Working...