coupe or sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coupe or sedan

so i am going to be looking for a DD/autox/track day E30 to build. my question is there any diffrances in handling between the sedan and coupe e30? chassies stiffness? i plan on adding in a bolt in roll bar too.
    :borg:

not really any difference. may be easier to find a roll bar for a 2 door. But I like being able to put tires/equipment in the back seat. I'll need a bolt in roll bar eventually if I ever get into hill climbs though..
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

what is the wheelbase difference between the two i am sure that has an effect right?

Comment

Originally posted by !kid View Post
        what is the wheelbase difference between the two i am sure that has an effect right?
        No difference. Doing a search would answer everything you've asked so far.
        1973 Bavaria

Comment

Originally posted by !kid View Post

no difference, just longer doors on a coupe

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
          And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

4 door has more weight in electric window motors and such.... like it would really matter though considering how light these things are to begin with.

i hear the back seats are even interchangable between 2 and 4 doors, if you have the same pop-clips of course, some 84/85 models do not.

you looking for a roller/shell or a running DD?
            ...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

Originally posted by LEANE30 View Post
              running i guess, if the price is right i would take one that is a roller shell. i have been wanting to get into a project cars for years.

Comment

Originally posted by LEANE30 View Post
                4 door has more weight in electric window motors and such.... like it would really matter though considering how light these things are to begin with.

i hear the back seats are even interchangable between 2 and 4 doors, if you have the same pop-clips of course, some 84/85 models do not.

Yep, the shape of the lower part of the rear seat is actually a little bit different between a 2 and 4 door but they're still interchangeable. Front seats are also a little different but still interchangeable.

I imagine the weight difference is less than 100 lbs., but 4 doors supposedly have a stiffer chassis so it's all a wash.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  may be easier to find a roll bar for a 2 door. But I like being able to put tires/equipment in the back seat. I'll need a bolt in roll bar eventually if I ever get into hill climbs though..
                  Roll bars are the same for 2 and 4 door cars.

And the back seat (area) access, even with a roll bar, is a bonus.
                  Current Cars
                  2014 M235i
                  2009 R56 Cooper S
                  1998 M3
                  1997 M3

Comment

I know this isn't AutoX but I have heard of a drifter in the DFW metro area who is drifting a four door with the rear doors welded shut. I think I read somewhere that the four door is about forty pounds heavier than the coupe but with a stiffer chassis.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                      Roll bars are the same for 2 and 4 door cars.

And the back seat (area) access, even with a roll bar, is a bonus.
                      Good to know, I thought maybe it was just harder to get one in. Do you have a bolt in or weld in?
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

i looked up on autopower they make a few different roll bars for the e30 325

Comment

get whatever you can get the best deal on.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                            get whatever you can get the best deal on.
                            sounds like a great idea !

Comment

Sedan is nice if you want to drive it around on the street too, because you can put in a race seat and still get people in the back.

Comment

Working...
                              X