Star Spec 2's are out on Tirerack!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • akorcovelos
    replied
    I ran 225/45 specs last season and absolutely LOVED them. I would wait.

    Leave a comment:


  • GThomas
    replied
    Using 16x7's for my auto-x setup. Should i wait for the 225/45's to come out or go with the 205/50's. Any opinions?

    Leave a comment:


  • Nsquared97
    replied
    Figured this is pretty relevant to this thread:
    BFGoodrich g-Force Rival — NOLA Motorsports Park

    12-time SCCA Autocross Champion, Andy Hollis Tests The New BFGoodrich Rival


    Also for those that haven't seen, he has said there will be a big tire test coming out in Grassroots Motorsports in about 3 weeks.

    Leave a comment:


  • mick 950
    replied
    hi

    If I were a betting man, I'd say the Rivals are going to hose the RS3's in the dry, but will lose to the ZII in the wet. The ZII will probably handle in the cold and dry better than the RS3, but which one handles better in the heat is anyone's guess.

    So to me it seems easy: if used only in dry get the rivals. If used in the wet on occasion get the ZII. I'll end up using mine in the wet, so my ZII order was
    .....................
    alladsclassified

    Leave a comment:


  • mick 950
    replied
    hi

    welcome to forum site thanks for asking qus/ans

    Leave a comment:


  • I8UR911
    replied
    Just picked up a set of these...215/40/17 on Alpina reps. Not necessarily on auto-x set up, but excited to see how they are.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

    Leave a comment:


  • GAbOS
    replied
    Dunlop Zx doesnt have a 225/15, BFG does. ;>

    Leave a comment:


  • robgoesvroom
    replied
    Originally posted by Earendil
    If I were a betting man, I'd say the Rivals are going to hose the RS3's in the dry, but will lose to the ZII in the wet. The ZII will probably handle in the cold and dry better than the RS3, but which one handles better in the heat is anyone's guess.

    So to me it seems easy: if used only in dry get the rivals. If used in the wet on occasion get the ZII. I'll end up using mine in the wet, so my ZII order was placed yeaterday :)

    The RS3 seems outdated, but rumor has it a new one will appear later this year.

    I guess the wet weather doesn't really factor in much over here in California, we are spoiled! Maybe I should go search some miata forums

    Leave a comment:


  • Nsquared97
    replied


    What I am getting from that seems the Z2's may be a better all-around tires, where-as the Rivals can be a bit finnicky. Very good when they are in their sweet spot though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Earendil
    replied
    Originally posted by robgoesvroom
    The ZIIs are in stock.

    I have the dilemma of going with the ZIIs in 205/50/15 versus waiting for RS3s and/or Rivals in 225/45/15. I have a trackday at the end of March that I would like to attend. Fenders are all rolled, no problem there

    Anyone have a photo of the ZIIs next to RS3s? Not sure if I should wait out for the 225 width tires
    If I were a betting man, I'd say the Rivals are going to hose the RS3's in the dry, but will lose to the ZII in the wet. The ZII will probably handle in the cold and dry better than the RS3, but which one handles better in the heat is anyone's guess.

    So to me it seems easy: if used only in dry get the rivals. If used in the wet on occasion get the ZII. I'll end up using mine in the wet, so my ZII order was placed yeaterday :)

    The RS3 seems outdated, but rumor has it a new one will appear later this year.

    Leave a comment:


  • robgoesvroom
    replied
    The ZIIs are in stock.

    I have the dilemma of going with the ZIIs in 205/50/15 versus waiting for RS3s and/or Rivals in 225/45/15. I have a trackday at the end of March that I would like to attend. Fenders are all rolled, no problem there

    Anyone have a photo of the ZIIs next to RS3s? Not sure if I should wait out for the 225 width tires

    Leave a comment:


  • Earendil
    replied
    Originally posted by aplinweiss_is
    Got my order in for a set of TRM C1 in 15x8 and a set of the BFG Rivals in 225/45/15.

    Sitting back and waiting for April 5th
    That should be a killer combo. Make sure and let us know how they work in the rain! :)

    Leave a comment:


  • aplinweiss_is
    replied
    Got my order in for a set of TRM C1 in 15x8 and a set of the BFG Rivals in 225/45/15.

    Sitting back and waiting for April 5th

    Leave a comment:


  • Emre
    replied
    Originally posted by Mystikal
    ^ Is the 225/45 a spec size or something?
    Something like that. I'm doing vintage racing with the car, so I have some restrictions. 225/45/16 are the only tires that really fit properly on the 16x8" Evo I alloys.

    Originally posted by Mystikal
    I'd probably choose a 205/50 Z1SS over a 225/45 R1R.
    The Toyo R1R is for wet weather use and transport only. I'll be running the Yoko A048 medium-compound on the track.

    Leave a comment:


  • Earendil
    replied
    Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
    I thought 225/45/15 was the ideal e30 15" tire for non-modded fenders...
    For an 8" wire wheel, but 225 is a little wide to be "ideal" on a 7" rim.
    That said, it can be done, and what you gain might be worth what you lose for some people.

    Leave a comment:

Working...