No announcement yet.

New 15x8 wheel coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What offset and/or spacers would I need to put 15x7.5s on an E30 with 225/45/15s?
    1991 318is STS Build In Progress for National Tour/ProSolo '09.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedTheory View Post
      What offset and/or spacers would I need to put 15x7.5s on an E30 with 225/45/15s?
      As long as we're not talking Hoosiers...ET20-25.

Comment

OK so where exactly do we order these wheels from?

Comment

Originally posted by robmespeedy View Post
          If I had to take a wild ass guess it'd be Tire Rack, sometime around the end of May. Don't know where I got that from though...
          1973 Bavaria

Comment

dude, nice sig! lol!

how'd you manage to get your e30 on fire? isn't that in culver city?

Comment

Originally posted by Q-ship View Post
              If I had to take a wild ass guess it'd be Tire Rack, sometime around the end of May. Don't know where I got that from though...
              Thanks! i was just too lazy to look thru the 9 pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremiel5 View Post
                dude, nice sig! lol!

how'd you manage to get your e30 on fire? isn't that in culver city?
                Ran over a pretty huge rock and busted a fuel line. Not culver city, East L.A.

Comment

Thanks! i was just too lazy to look thru the 9 pages.
                  post #1 would have told you that

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

An 11 lb. wheel that is 15x8 and only $109!!! And you say they look like this:

Subscribed!:D Those wheels look incredible compared to what else is available for the E30. And just the weight savings alone, 4-5lbs of weight saved per wheel compared to OEM basket weaves. That's 20lbs of unsprung and rotating mass saved!!!

Haha, I'm still trying to get used to this E30 wheel pricing. On my previous BMW, my wheels were $600 for each wheel. Ya gotta love the simplicity, performance, and value of the E30!

Comment

Originally posted by mkodama View Post
                      And just the weight savings alone, 4-5lbs of weight saved per wheel compared to OEM basket weaves. That's 20lbs of unsprung and rotating mass saved!!!
                      the weaves are 14lbs so thats 3lbs per wheel savings at a grand total of 12lbs reduction. Not an insane amount but everything adds up. I really wish there was an option for a 18x11or12.

Those are some great lookin wheels and one heck of a deal too
                      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
                        the weaves are 14lbs so thats 3lbs per wheel savings at a grand total of 12lbs reduction. Not an insane amount but everything adds up. I really wish there was an option for a 18x11or12.

Those are some great lookin wheels and one heck of a deal too
                        Really, only 14? Most of the sources I've found stated them as 15 lbs, and a few at 16lbs. Hmm, I'm gonna look into this some more. Either way, 12 pounds of unsprung weight removed makes for better working suspension and 12 pounds of rotating mass removed makes a difference on acceleration and big difference in braking.

Edit: Just looked up on http://wheelweights.net/ and they had E30 M3 basket weaves at 15x7 and 15lbs. E30 3-series should be about the same right?
                        Last edited by mkodama; 04-12-2008, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Count me in for a set of 15x8!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

16x8 would be nice. even a 17x8 4x100 would be nice. 15x8...is a maybe.
                            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mkodama View Post
                              Edit: Just looked up on http://wheelweights.net/ and they had E30 M3 basket weaves at 15x7 and 15lbs. E30 3-series should be about the same right?
                              yeah very close but they are 14" not 15" so its a little lighter than the m3 or euro weaves. But like you said even 12lbs is nice to get off there. Don't forget about the diff in the lbs of tires, that can add the saved weight back fast if you get a heavy pair.
                              ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Wow. Wheels are very nice and a great deal. Certainly worth considering. I wonder which size (7", 7.5" or 8") will fit which BBK (UUC, Massive, RPI, Apex, VAC). Was any testing done yet?
                                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                                X