Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdfox@hotmail.com View Post
    no thanks
    Not sure if you knew but he didn't mean it as derogitory, IX's just use a much higher offset and honda offsets seem to be pretty close, as far as I know. I think some "honda" (style offset) wheels look pretty good, depends what you're looking for though. Certainly a much larger variety.

As far as the availability for these in the thread, I think they look good. Just on the border of a little ricey, but I like them if I were going to be after some really cheap 15's...

Comment

I don't really care too much what they look like. As long as they are strong and light weight with the right offsets for my car. But my car is a track rat so my thinking is along those lines.
      I'll get a set next year if all things work out.
      1987 E30 325is
      1999 E46 323i
      RIP 1994 E32 740iL
      oo=[][]=oo

Comment

no offense

I wasn't offended by the Honda wheel comment as a ton of them fit. What I don't want is the convex style wheel that they all seem to be. I don't like that look the wheel sticking out and all. Flush is good but in is a little better. I am trying to find a good light wheel that these are hopefully going to be, a lot of the "honda" wheels tend to run 15-22lbs... no thanks. And the price is very appealing! why pay $120 a wheel that is 19lbs and soft... no way
        I thought after I posted the no thanks I should have stated why... I was in a hurry sorry didn't mean to sound rude.

Like Hallen said strong and light is for me too!

Comment

No worries, I wasn't trying to kick up any dust, in fact I was just trying to clear the air some since I wasn't sure. Good points though, it's just that with the high offset it's hard to get a good lip without a convex shape...

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by tdfox@hotmail.com View Post
            I wasn't offended by the Honda wheel comment as a ton of them fit. What I don't want is the convex style wheel that they all seem to be. I don't like that look the wheel sticking out and all. Flush is good but in is a little better. I am trying to find a good light wheel that these are hopefully going to be, a lot of the "honda" wheels tend to run 15-22lbs... no thanks. And the price is very appealing! why pay $120 a wheel that is 19lbs and soft... no way
            I thought after I posted the no thanks I should have stated why... I was in a hurry sorry didn't mean to sound rude.

Like Hallen said strong and light is for me too!

I'm not sure what wheels you're looking at but you can find all kinds of Honda offset wheels well under 15-22lbs.
            Rota makes the Slipstream in a 15x8 with a 20mm and 40mm offset. Granted everyone owns this wheel but who cares if it's for autocross and track days and it's pretty light as well.
            Soft? Wheels are a wear item. Even forged wheels crack and bend. I'm not sure what you mean by that? Are you implying that all Honda wheels are soft and bad quality?
            I haven't owned a single set of Honda fitting wheels that are convexed.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
              I'm not sure what wheels you're looking at but you can find all kinds of Honda offset wheels well under 15-22lbs.
              Rota makes the Slipstream in a 15x8 with a 20mm and 40mm offset. Granted everyone owns this wheel but who cares if it's for autocross and track days and it's pretty light as well.
              Soft? Wheels are a wear item. Even forged wheels crack and bend. I'm not sure what you mean by that? Are you implying that all Honda wheels are soft and bad quality?
              I haven't owned a single set of Honda fitting wheels that are convexed.

No argument here just want to clarify
              Find me a good looking wheel (very subjective to each person) that is light and under a $100 and I will be very interested, these wheels fit that "need" for me.
              I like some of the Rotas, SSR, Konigs (Rewind, Lightweight, etc.) and several others but when they are $115+ a wheel X4 that adds up to at least another $100 overall + tax and some of us half to watch our pennies closer than others. Heck if $$$ was no object I would have a nice set of 8.5lb BBS or something but dangit the kids gotta eat and Mama needs a new Prada bag for Mothers day!

Seriously if anyone has any suggestions for a good, light, well built wheel 15 or 16 inch for an IX that will have H&R springs I listen! FYI the other day (just for fun I put on a set of ADR Soduko 17inch rims, they looked great except for the gold color. It just screamed ricer to me. They fit, but eeww...if they were black I would have been sold on them.

Comment

You could always refinish something if you don't like the color, but then that is more time and money invested...

Comment

Originally posted by Justin B View Post
                  You could always refinish something if you don't like the color, but then that is more time and money invested...

You know I really thought hard about that with those wheels but then they were 17's and where I live I should stay away from that 40 aspect sidewall. Not to dwell on the cheap part but $60X2 for unmounting and rebalancing/remounting and then the blasting and repaint/powdercoat part it seemed to me to be just as cost effective to keep looking for something else. Mostly though it was the 17 just the wrong size for me
                  Sorry for hijacking this thread

Comment

subscribed

Comment

Yeah you better.

And mark, I see you looking there, didnt sell the car today...
                      Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

Originally posted by devonjordan View Post
                        Yeah you better.

Did she flake or....?
                        I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by devonjordan View Post
                          Yeah you better.

i am. haha. good talking with you last night devon. sorry to hear about your recent radiator loss... lay that bitch to bed and sell your damn car

Comment

updates?

Comment

Originally posted by ohheycheckmeout View Post
                              updates?
                              No. Never.

jk, haha, I'm curious too if there are some updates on these wheels, or if they just gave up on them.

Comment

Originally posted by mkodama View Post
                                No. Never.
                                jk, haha, I'm curious too if there are some updates on these wheels, or if they just gave up on them.
                                Late May or early June, according to a bunch of posts and replies reiterating information clearly stated in the first post ;)
                                I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Working...
                                X