Anyone see IE's new m20 rockers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone see IE's new m20 rockers?

For $25/piece, it sounds promising! Anyone know anyhting about them?

Look how much thicker they are, and they are shot peened. Beat's $85/piece for aluminum if it gets the job done...
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Definitely seems like a good deal, Febi (OEM redesigned) rockers are going for $21/piece, and apparently they only ever break with really high lift cams. That's a $50 difference, really only worthwhile if you plan on running an extreme cam.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilomph View Post
      Definitely seems like a good deal, Febi (OEM redesigned) rockers are going for $21/piece, and apparently they only ever break with really high lift cams.
      Oh, I didn't know there was a redesign. How do they compare to stock, and these?

Comment

Originally posted by Stück
        FEBI

My built m20 with a high duration/lift cam and a 7100rpm limiter did just fine with the revised FEBI rocker arms. There is no one on this board that needs anything more then those in a street car/engine.

Furthermore said FEBI rocker arms are $18 each or so. Billet rockers are upwards of $80.

Most e30 owners can barely swing $216 for 12 new OEM rocker arms, let alone upwards of $960 for billet ones.

The arms are widened, and the crotch is shorter.

What idiot told you that?
        Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Took that from bf.c a while ago, so I guess prices have gone up, but I only checked BMA really quickly. They were re-designed in the early 90s I think, and from what I've read there hasn't been a recorded case of one breaking with stock cams and a sane red-line, even after hundreds of thousands of miles.

Comment

wow. interesting.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

aluminum rocker arms = m50 swap..

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

m50 = heavier + far more money + unknown maintenance history.

Comment

lawl

Comment

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
                  lawl
                  + hardly any faster, if at all compared to the money you'd be spending on the swap could be used for new rockers + chip/cam + lightweight flywheel + exhaust.

lawl.

Comment

No matter how you look at it the M50 is far superior to the M20, although I'm selling my M50 and sticking with the M20...I <3 my 12 valves

635csi Euro/Alpina B7S

Comment

Originally posted by turboeta View Post
                      No matter how you look at it the M50 is far superior to the M20, although I'm selling my M50 and sticking with the M20...I <3 my 12 valves
                      Far superior if you're willing to shell out a good 4-6k, which would refresh an M20 and build a solid turbo kit. But yes, it's definitely the better engine.

Comment

febi rockers here, 7200rpm and no troubles.

M50 = *yawn*
                        S50 = :D:D:D
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                          aluminum rocker arms = m50 swap..

This thread isn't about Al rocker arms. I agree, they are way to expensive.

+ hardly any faster, if at all compared to the money you'd be spending on the swap could be used for new rockers + chip/cam + lightweight flywheel + exhaust.

lawl.

Only by 50ish lbs, and you can find the maintenance history the same way you'd find it for an m20 engine.

I spent under $300 on my m50 swap, and it runs absolutely perfect, and pulls much harder then my m20 powered track car that is 300+lbs lighter. If people are spending $4k+ on an m50 swap, they are doing something seriously wrong, or doing a full rebuild top to bottom with parts form the stealer.

Originally posted by turboeta View Post
                          I do love me the sound of an m20 :)

Comment

lawl.
                            No timing belt, much newer in general and better in every single way, but whatev floats your boat.

besides, if you wanted to do it on the cheap, i bet you could swap an m50 into a 325 for under a grand.

Sorry to the op, not trying to jack.

Comment

Lol 4-5k for M50 swaps? Maybe 5 years ago.
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                              X