Seat Slider

Been working on something new!

Click image for larger version

Name:	50058920451_1707a2c476_c.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	9935536

Couple of kits available now.
    Last edited by JGee; 06-29-2020, 10:13 AM.
    HIK Fab

I can't see the picture. What iz it?

Comment

It is a race seat slider. It has over 4 inches of adjustment forward and back and at the same time moves just over an inch up and down.

Made for the endurance race team that is not all the same height.

It comes in a kit that your fabricator will put together. All parts are precision cut or machined to high tolerances. Making it much easier to keep the slides square, which is critical to a good working slider.

The bottom seat “rails” come pre-drilled for the e30 (as pictured) but can also be ordered blank.

The seat can be mounted very low if desired or as high as the one pictured above which is actually for an e12. The kit will accept any side mount seat with approximately a 12” spacing.

Name:	50058931216_69ce17224b_c.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	9935552
      Kit comes with everything you need and more. Hardware (not pictured) and instructions included.

Name:	50059357092_be94383788_c.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	9935553
      This car is shared by drivers ranging in height from 5'7" to 6'1".

JH
      HIK Fab

Comment

Sliders look innovative! I wonder could they be offered in different angles? Maybe more holes for position?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by AM2Racing
          I've never seen a design like that before - the progressive ramp is kind of ingenious. The seat sliders from OMP and Sparco are kinda dinky. I don't really trust my life to them in a large collision. Is your kit compatible with most side brackets?

Nick
          AM2 Racing
          Thanks, Nick. These really don't compare at all to other sliders on the market and eliminate the need for side mount brackets. The kit is compatible with side mount seats with a 12"ish mounting hole spacing. (which is all seats I've seen so far)

JH
          HIK Fab

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
            Sliders look innovative! I wonder could they be offered in different angles? Maybe more holes for position?
            Thanks, Moat. I just offer the one kit for now. The angle can easily be changed by your fabricator cutting down the front legs and refitting the gusset. I also would sell the slides by themselves without the mounting kit. With so many different seat variations (even tolerances between two of the same seat) this kit must be custom fit to each seat/chassis/cage combo for a butter smooth operating and solid slider. This is a fabricators kit not for the beginning welder. I would not add anymore adjusting holes for fear of weakening the slide itself.

JH
            HIK Fab

Comment

Working...
            X