Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data logging

What's everyone using for data logging?

Like everyone else, I've started with Harry's, then added an external bluetooth GPS, and then a GoPro with WiFi. It's all very frustrating together and I don't want all that crap in the car.

AEM Solo 2? Racebox?

I purchased Harrys and was planning to add the other two pieces to the puzzle, like you have. Whats been frustrating about it?
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I got an additional GPS receiver for the phone, a SkyPro unit. It works great when the phone can connect to it but 5 tries out of 10 it won't.
      The GoPro takes much better video than the phone, but I spend too much time futzing with the WiFi connection so Harry's can trigger the camera, and it doesn't work reliably and when it does the WiFi kills the battery life of the GoPro biglee.

So, I've just been using Harry's by itself and turning the GoPro on manually before I enter the track.

I'm not looking for real-time feedback when I'm driving, because I don't even look at any of that stuff.

I want to do post-event analysis so I can see how I got a fast time in a particular sector, etc, and I want faster and more accurate GPS.

The Solo 2 looks great, but it seems tailored for IOs (I have Android). The Racebox is new but looks like it could be solid soon.

One of the drivers just records on a Garmin Virb and basically does everything.

Comment

I think ultimately you get what you pay for. I cant afford the $$$$$ data loggers, so Im going to try and get these other things to work.

Just pairing two videos I took was a bit of work, but I think with more practice it will work better.

This was one example where my friend used the go-pro and I just had my camera following him. It was harder because I had to get my camera to try and match his even though he's ahead of me haha

Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I used Harry's with an external GPS, and eventually moved to a Solo2. The Solo 2 is just easier and overall better, especially for a dedicated track car. Setting up and using your cell phone just got too tedious.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I haven't used data in a long time, but one of our clients are very happy with RaceCapture. During the endurance racing they even have in car live video with telemetry. This is how I realized they broke a rocker in 2 consecutive races, one of the drivers was riding out 3rd and 4th on the limiter for extended periods (was set to 7100, but no one else was using the limiter).
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
            X