Classifieds Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
    It looks like it's completely optional, so you can put down your pitchfork.
    Using Panjo for payment is 100% optional, subscribing is not. They do not have an SSO option at the moment so yes its a dual login for now

Comment

I'm keeping an open mind. But...my fear is that Panjo will force you to use their payment system eventually.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by Roadrunner View Post
        This whole decision doesn't sit well with me. So, not only was there no warning (other than to "random folks" and some members of another forum), but if it's "all about the user experience," why would the discussion about it only be opened up after the decision has already been made and the change has been implemented?
        If I asked the entire forum about every single change I would get nowhere quick, in the 10 years I've ran this thing its been always about providing additional options/features for users on this forum.

Its a free site, we don't have you paying for anything, and that continues, I've learned over the years that its 100% impossible to please everyone and sometimes we need to go out on a limb, from my perspective I enjoy what Panjo does, I've had numerous conversations with folks who use it, buy and sell on it and the overall perception of the integration was good

If it's about raising money for the forum, there are other options that the users might have preferred that work well on other enthusiast forums, like supporting memberships for example, but it's pointless to discuss other possibilities after the fact. If the users wanted a buying and selling experience that was more like eBay, then couldn't they have already taken all of their business to eBay?
        You seem very negative about change, and that is okay, the feedback is good, although I chuckle at your its pointless to discuss other possibilities after the fact notion, we make changes for our users all the time, I get loads of emails, PM's all sorts of stuff and some we do, some we won't, its about keeping things fairly simple.

I've never liked supporting memberships because I feel its cheesy, this site is free, will always be free, and won't even have the option of paying for a greater style membership.

You are correct, you can use eBay, and if you don't that is your choice, as its your choice to not sell on R3V, like I said, its impossible for me to please everyone, I just can't

Also, can you clarify the last part? As a seller, how would you choose to not use Panjo for payment the way it is set up now?
        At the moment you can choose to not use Panjo for payment, however at the moment we are continuing to use the Panjo interface

Hmmm. Force people to use a new system if they want to keep buying and selling on your site, and then bribe the users with the users' own money to use the new system.
        How am I bribing anyone? If you don't want to use Panjo for payments don't, if you do and want to support the site, you do!

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
          I'm keeping an open mind. But...my fear is that Panjo will force you to use their payment system eventually.
          And if they do we will drop using them, R3V will never require paying if the user chooses not to

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            To determine if it's worthwhile to use the integrated payment tools I'd like to know how much of the sale fees will go directly to r3vlimited?

As to old sale threads, will recycling old threads for new sales be discouraged/disallowed?
            I missed this earlier

Its a 50% split, R3V gets 3.45%

I'd like to discourage using old threads for overall form and function, however will certainly understand if I see a few pop up.

Comment

:mrgreen:
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
                Will a thread be created in the relevant For Sale/Wanted forum when we make a posting on Panjo just like it does on bimmerforums? I made a wanted posting, however I don't see anything being posted on the actual forums.

Panjo's search is also very bad. Even if I tell it to restrict searching to r3vlimited only, I'm getting ebay auction results for WWE dolls when I search S52...

I've asked them to look into this

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Brick View Post
                  Any way we can get image size restriction lifted? Previously I would upload to an Imgur gallery which would auto-resize and I could post a link to a large-but-reasonable image for detail. As it is now, photos taken on modern smartphones will have to be individually resized in a photo editor before upload to Panjo. Not sure why Panjo doesn't have an auto-resize, both Craigslist and Ebay do.
                  Looking into as well

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                    I missed this earlier

Its a 50% split, R3V gets 3.45%

I'd like to discourage using old threads for overall form and function, however will certainly understand if I see a few pop up.
                    That's reasonable. Asked about the recycling of threads as Panjo does not look like a great venue to post a spreadsheet worthy list of items. For single items or multiples of same/similar it looks pretty good.

Comment

Uhhh i hate panjo its so confusing. Sucked when bimmerforums did it when i was e36ing

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Not a fan of Panjo either, but I'm willing to give it a shot for r3v. Hopefully we can stick with regular FS threads as well, I'd rather not lose more money to fees. Otherwise as someone previously said it will cause a spike in prices similar to eBay.

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

I just listed something but didn't see any way in which to not use Panjo's payment system.

Edit: I edited my listing on Panjo and left the "post to r3v" button checked. When I saved my changes it posted another thread in the FS section. I foresee lots of double posts.
                          Last edited by jpod999; 06-29-2016, 03:09 PM.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                          Transaction feedback
                          - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                            Uhhh i hate panjo its so confusing. Sucked when bimmerforums did it when i was e36ing
                            That could explain why the e30 section of bimmerforums has no FS ads
                            Last edited by jeffnhiscars; 06-30-2016, 04:44 AM.
                            Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                            Alice the Time Capsule
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                            87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                              I just listed something but didn't see any way in which to not use Panjo's payment system.

Edit: I edited my listing on Panjo and left the "post to r3v" button checked. When I saved my changes it posted another thread in the FS section. I foresee lots of double posts.
                              Didn't work for my posting, no thread was created. Maybe it's not working for WTB listings?

Comment

okay, now it all makes sense. I didn't see this thread until today.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                                Ig:ryno_pzk
                                I like the tuna here.
                                Originally posted by lambo
                                Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Working...
                                X