This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krooks View Post
    when are you gonna be around the area? lets make that BOS. and by the way this guy is threatening me that things are gonna turn sour if i dont return his car.
    I'm pretty swamped till christmas. I can mail you the docs. If your even considering trading back make sure he fixes what ever he broke first on his own. You can't expect a 20+ y/o car to be reliable unless it has a huge stack of receipts. Even then its still a crap shoot.

Originally posted by supkev View Post
    besides crawling in the trunk how do you know if your trunk light shuts off when you shut the trunk? I think that may be the culprit to my battery drain.
    Why not just crawl on the trunk? No friends ? Seriously you coul remove the back seat and peak through the cut outs. Or extend the wires and close the trunk with the light outside the car. Also check your glovebox light. Usually its an alarm or your battery is toast.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

when are you gonna be around the area? lets make that BOS. and by the way this guy is threatening me that things are gonna turn sour if i dont return his car.
      dude.. fuck him.. you dont know waht he did from the time u traded to now.. for all u know he poured cement in gas tank... dont give him shit.. there were no problems before. and he "fixed a few things?" to someone that has a corolla. hes just a complainer. there has already been a transfer and its not your problem anymore.. im going through the same thing right now with a pool table.. guy came to look at it.. TWICE... said he wanted it. bought it. took it home. a few hours later he tells me the table is warped.. i told him to go shit in his hand because hes the one that fucked it up because it was fine when i had it..
      1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
      1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
      1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
      guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
      Originally posted by ak-
      Must of slid into Rob

Comment

I told you to stop table dancing on that thing. And how do you warp slate?
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Rob, that guy's still on your ass?

Originally posted by yert315
          Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
            Bee-rent, from what I recall on my last "inspection" ticket, the officer just came out to see that I corrected the violation (no front plate) and signed off on it. Of course, that was several years ago and the state wasn't nearly in the shithole amount of debt that it is now.

So, yeah, I'd think they would check the VIN. However, that can also be changed rather painlessly.
            My thought exactly, so who has a bronzit with no tint that wants to make a few quick bucks?

Originally posted by mcr_driver View Post
            If it was running fine when you sold it maybe the "fixes" he did are what's causing the new found problems...
            This. I would not trade the car back after someone has had it a few days and then starts complaining. you are not a car dealership, one of the chances a person takes with a private sale. Does the lemon law apply to private sales? i don't even know the specifics anyways
            Last edited by mammoth_e30; 11-30-2011, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M20_fiend View Post
              dude.. fuck him.. you dont know waht he did from the time u traded to now.. for all u know he poured cement in gas tank... dont give him shit.. there were no problems before. and he "fixed a few things?" to someone that has a corolla. hes just a complainer. there has already been a transfer and its not your problem anymore.. im going through the same thing right now with a pool table.. guy came to look at it.. TWICE... said he wanted it. bought it. took it home. a few hours later he tells me the table is warped.. i told him to go shit in his hand because hes the one that fucked it up because it was fine when i had it..

same here. he looked at the e28 twice and he's the one that called me to make the deal. so what should i do to get him off my ass? i already emailed him and called him to say i did not want to do the trade but he says he does not want the car and he has my address. i dont want him showing up at my house uninvited
              1991 E34 M5

Comment

Power went out!!

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...46#post3229446

Comment

same here. he looked at the e28 twice and he's the one that called me to make the deal. so what should i do to get him off my ass? i already emailed him and called him to say i did not want to do the trade but he says he does not want the car and he has my address. i dont want him showing up at my house uninvited
                  First off I am sorry to hear about your situation. If you feel threatened you could let the bully win. If you think that you or your loved ones could be in for potential uncomfortable situations with this person then let it go and get back to the good side of life. Otherwise fight the bully. A car is just a car, they will come and go, quality of life is what it is about IMO. Good luck with resolving this.

Cheers,

Jim
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
                    First off I am sorry to hear about your situation. If you feel threatened you could let the bully win. If you think that you or your loved ones could be in for potential uncomfortable situations with this person then let it go and get back to the good side of life. Otherwise fight the bully. A car is just a car, they will come and go, quality of life is what it is about IMO. Good luck with resolving this.

Cheers,

Jim

you are a wise man Jim. thanks for the great advice
                    1991 E34 M5

Comment

I am an "old man"... You are welcome and I hope you can figure out the right answer and get on with having fun.

Cheers,

Jim
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                        I'm pretty swamped till christmas. I can mail you the docs. If your even considering trading back make sure he fixes what ever he broke first on his own. You can't expect a 20+ y/o car to be reliable unless it has a huge stack of receipts. Even then its still a crap shoot.

Why not just crawl on the trunk? No friends ? Seriously you coul remove the back seat and peak through the cut outs. Or extend the wires and close the trunk with the light outside the car. Also check your glovebox light. Usually its an alarm or your battery is toast.
                        Wtf? Just push the trunk switch down. Adjust the trunklid latch so it closes tighter. This is a common problem.
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                          Wtf? Just push the trunk switch down. Adjust the trunklid latch so it closes tighter. This is a common problem.

barry i lost those lollipops, i think my pops junked them but i can get you some other replacements
                          1991 E34 M5

Comment

Originally posted by mammoth_e30 View Post
                            My thought exactly, so who has a bronzit with no tint that wants to make a few quick bucks?
                            Last time i checked it was like $60 to have the front windows re tinted.

Get comprehensive coverage on it. If he vandalizes it then the insurance will buy it off you. Or you can keep it and the insurance will deduct $300-700 from the payout. Besides, between you and your room mates i'm sure you guys can take care of him. You could also get a restraining order.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Repost? Would swap shells :p

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...729293440.html
                              Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
                              Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
                              Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                              Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

is a 1999 M3 estoril blue convertible with matching blue top, 140k miles with arp headstuds turbo ready worth it for 7k. 2nd owner. looks the tits.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                                my feedback thread

Comment

Working...
                                X