• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JFarhanbod View Post
    thanks
    88 325is Five Speed
    Lachssilber

Comment

Anybody know which pins to jump on a late model to get my check panel low oil light off? I am reading it is pin 7 to pin 19, just want to confirm this.
      sigpic
      TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
      FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

So I was just informed that shipping that $550 dash would cost $215.74! There are other dealers that offer free shipping with orders over $100 although this is oversized, it could help lower the cost. Probably best to call around and see who can come up with the best overall price shipped.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

As far as the material pattern difference it really is not that noticeable. You can come check out mine if you like. The list price of mine was $771 from BMW on 9/4/12 when I got it. With Brian's discount it cost $560.15 so if you know anyone that works at BMW you should be close to that. Unfortunately he can only get parts for his family and for himself. I think that Dave may know a guy up there that works for the dealership. I'm not sure if he will help but you may want to see.

Cheers,

Jim
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks Jim. I know a few guys but I will see what I can get it for shipped to my door before I bother them. I can't help but think I should get one now before they become ridiculously expensive for good or NLA. Used dashes are all 25 years old by now and soon they won't be as good of an option. Now if someone (ahem Edwin) can leather wrap it or just sell a kit to leather wrap the dash for around $300, that would work too!
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

It seemed like there were around 100 left in Germany when I got mine so it is just a matter of time before they are gone. It's like the Mtech 1 wing that was available about a year ago and is now NLA. I just checked thinking it would be a nice piece for the rafters while I have a little extra in the BMW fund. We installed a couple of used "perfect" dashes in the past few years. What frustrated me was that none of them were perfect and, like you say, it is just a matter of time before they do crack. Plus it is a pretty time consuming job so I only wanted to do it once.

Good luck with a $300 wrap. There is a guy on MyE28 that I was told is the master of leather dashes. He quoted me $700 back in 2010 due to there being so many pieces for the E30.

If anyone needs a "perfect" dash I still have one of the rejects in my garage that I would let go for $125 which is what I paid for it.

Cheers,

Jim
              sigpic

Comment

Evening R3V. Ordered some replacement parts for the vert. Going to be doing the timing belt soon as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mcskibadee1 View Post
                  Anybody know which pins to jump on a late model to get my check panel low oil light off? I am reading it is pin 7 to pin 19, just want to confirm this.
                  That is correct but didn't work for me.

I have a peak tool and your welcome to use it

I got pulled over today....
                  ...no front plate.

I drove to AAA and got a new set of plates.
                  I've driven all my cars without front plates but since my e30 is an old car I figured I got pulled over because it's old. I've run no plates on my new mercs and other new cars and NEVER got pulled over.
                  -Art

Comment

ETA started steaming from the vents. Coolant is gone. Probably heater CORE (hopefully the valve?) If I replace coolant will it all just leak out again right away? I have work in the morning!
                    Even worse, the condensation destroyed my head unit before I realized what happened :(

Matt: sorry my instinct was to text you. That's my panic response :P
                    Last edited by 2ean; 01-11-2013, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ean View Post
                      ETA started steaming from the vents. Coolant is gone. Probably heater CORE (hopefully the valve?) If I replace coolant will it all just leak out again right away? I have work in the morning!
                      Even worse, the condensation destroyed my head unit before I realized what happened :(
                      Is your foot-well wet with coolant?
                      You might have to bypass the hoses to get you through till you can fix it.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                        Bang for the buck = m30.
                        Would be cheaper than either the stroker or 24v swap. A few mods would Get you around the 200hp mark.

Only down side is the mpg. Weight is only a factor if you are a serious track junky. You'll never notice it on the street.
                        and not having A/C would suck bad in SoCal in the summer
                        88 325is Five Speed
                        Lachssilber

Comment

schwifty-five
                          Got all da Alpine bitches mad cuz my main bitch Calypso.

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                            Is your foot-well wet with coolant?
                            You might have to bypass the hoses to get you through till you can fix it.
                            I actually didn't check before leaving it, but I will. What's the best way to bypass? Anything I can see from this pic?

Comment

Thanks death toll. I'm going to jump out and see what happens.

Also, if anyone has a lighted mirror with adjuster screw throw me a price.
                              sigpic
                              TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
                              FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Originally posted by 2ean View Post
                                I actually didn't check before leaving it, but I will. What's the best way to bypass? Anything I can see from this pic? [IMG]http://www.powerfanatics.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10444/cool_6.jpg[/IMG
                                In the circled area there are actually 2 hoses, but they are vertically on top of eachother.
                                Remove them from the firewall and plug them into eachother.
                                I think the hose in this diagram behind the engine is actually the 2nd one, but its put there so you can see it maybe?
                                edit: lol it's not an m20 that's why; but you should get the picture.

I did this quick fix for a friend after his heater core took a shit to hold him over before swapping a 24v.
                                DON'T use plastic tubing, it will melt.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X