Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 part prices and simplicity of maintenance keep me hanging around. I love how eager they are too, even if not 'fast.'
    1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
    1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
    1974 2002tii / stock
    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Bang for the buck = m30.
      Would be cheaper than either the stroker or 24v swap. A few mods would Get you around the 200hp mark.

Only down side is the mpg. Weight is only a factor if you are a serious track junky. You'll never notice it on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
        LOL. If I buy a dash I am buying NEW. Why spend $200 on one that could crack the next day when I can buy new for a little under $600. :)

Score. :D
        Might want to double check that price Matt. If you can get them for around $600 still I will order one with you. All of the dealers I have checked want at least a $1000 now.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
          M20 part prices and simplicity of maintenance keep me hanging around. I love how eager they are too, even if not 'fast.'
          With the 4.10 diff they are pretty fast. I like that setup as long as I'm not driving to LA with a bunch of 3.73 guys going 80 mph.

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
          Bang for the buck = m30.
          Would be cheaper than either the stroker or 24v swap. A few mods would Get you around the 200hp mark.

Only down side is the mpg. Weight is only a factor if you are a serious track junky. You'll never notice it on the street.
          I have thought about the M30, I think if we ever build a E30 pickup that would be the perfect fit. For the Mtech I want to go a different route.

Cheers,

Jim
          sigpic

Comment

m20 sounds like an LSx engine to me. Cheap reliable good horsepower and easy maintenance :rofl: go ls1 mike...do et

damn the smell of ralph's fried chicken in the office...yup it's a potluck lol...was doing good too now today is a potluck then kbbq birthday dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
              Might want to double check that price Matt. If you can get them for around $600 still I will order one with you. All of the dealers I have checked want at least a $1000 now.
              sigpic

Comment

Haha, when I checked last week they were all asking $1000-1200...now they are all back down to 550-650. WTF
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

LOL, we have been watching them do this for a couple of years now. You just got to bite when they are cheap Barry.

Cheers,

Jim
                  sigpic

Comment

Interesting....it was the first time i saw that spike in price. I wonder if the M tech 2 wheels will do the same. Always makes me nervous when they jump up because with M3 parts they often stay up. I'm thinking of getting it and hoarding it for the M tech since I won't have to worry about the newer dash material matching the leather consoles.

Comment

Man I wish they had #2 in that diagram. I need a new knee bolster so bad. I keep getting used ones but the always crack on me.
                      harry/harout

Comment

you can still get it from my understanding...$70-80. I have 2 of them in decent shape.

Comment

hey does any one remember who made those antenna block off plates i think it was jaywood but I'm not sure?
                          88 325is Five Speed
                          Lachssilber

Comment

Ill probably pick one up from you at the next meet Barry as long as there are no cracks and the steering rack clip hole is intact.
                            harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                              hey does any one remember who made those antenna block off plates i think it was jaywood but I'm not sure?

those dont need glue apparently

Comment

Just spotted not one but two e34 M5's on the 101 within a few yards of one another.
                                There was a late alpine model with the M mirrors and a vanity plate that read "clasic M" and a red early model with a ACS rear spoiler. I am in love.
                                harry/harout

Comment

Working...
                                X